Insight's "Against the Witch King" - OOC

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=Attributes & Skills]
XP: 40 (Veteran)

Attributes
Agility d10 (2 points + advance from Illiterate)
Smarts d6 (XP advance)
Strength d6 (1 point)
Spirit d6 (1 point)
Vigor d8 (1 point + XP advance)

Charisma 0
Pace 6
Parry 7
Toughness 6

Skills
Boating d4 (1 point)
Climbing d6 (2 points)
Fighting d10 (4 points)
Guts d6 (2 points)
Healing d4 (1 point)
Notice d4 (1 point)
Persuasion d4 (1 point)
Stealth d6 (1 point)
Survival d4 (1 point)
Swimming d4 (1 point)
Throwing d8 (2 points)

+2 skill points from Delusional & Phobia

N.B. Stealth and Throwing increased via XP advance.
[/sblock]

Please note - and this is for everyone - that the Guts skill is NOT required. The "Deluxe Edition", which is what I am using, removed the Guts skill and made it a "Campaign Feature", which means GMs should add it if they want (and honestly, it's intended for more of a horror sort of game). If fear checks and whatnot are required, we will most likely use an attribute check of some kind.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hi, Insight (and others!). Do you have room for one more? I don't have a concept yet as I've just found the thread and only barely skimmed it, but I've been itching to try Savage Worlds and this looks like a good one. It comes at a good time as well, as I'm about halfway through the Complete Tales of Solomon Kane. May jump into the Conan stories next, or possibly hop authors over to the Tarzan stories.

I'll be reading through the thread and thinking of character concepts just in case!

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Hi, Insight (and others!). Do you have room for one more? I don't have a concept yet as I've just found the thread and only barely skimmed it, but I've been itching to try Savage Worlds and this looks like a good one. It comes at a good time as well, as I'm about halfway through the Complete Tales of Solomon Kane. May jump into the Conan stories next, or possibly hop authors over to the Tarzan stories.

I'll be reading through the thread and thinking of character concepts just in case!

Well, it appears that a spot just became available!

Truthfully, I'm not sure how long recruiting will continue, but you are welcome to create a character and jump into the setting creation madness!

Please take some time to review Setting Notes #1 and #2 and check out the map I created.

Leif

Adventurer
Welcome, Mowgli! I've wondered what it would be like to play in a game with you. Now I'll finally get to find out.

Electric Wizard

First Post
Wow, this thread really took off! Here's some setting fluff. Take some medieval Vietnam/South China, add a hint of Dark Sun and Outlaws of the Marsh and you get...

Trua, Kingdom of Canals
King Duc Xo (Pronounced Dook So) rules Trua, a kingdom on Lake Oncor's southwestern shore. The kingdom is healthy thanks its elaborate canal system. The canals bring lake water to rice paddies that are days away from the shore, and swarms of boatmen traverse its larger branches. The ruling class of Trua probably migrated here from the Spear Jungles long ago. They are short, lean and have medium complexions.

King Duc Xo is Trua's fourth Sorcerer-King. He claims that his line descends from a lake dragon, and that his great-great-grandfather built Trua's canals with the aid of a divine turtle. Neither of these are true. But Duc Xo is one of the world's most powerful sorcerers, and he inspires terror and awe in his many subjects. Trua has been expanding under his rule.

Blinded by his pride, the Sorcerer-King doesn't fully realize is that many subjects who migrate to conquered territories do so to escape his authority rather than spread it. Bandits called the Swamp Tigers has been harassing his enforcers and robbing tribute-laden boats along the border. Attempts to stop them have been thwarted due to the Swamp Tigers' popularity among local villagers. But it's only a matter of time before Duc Xo takes more drastic measures...

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, thinking of a Tarzan/Mowgli trope from The Forever (so Forest rather than Jungle). He'd be one of the very few humans from the area, and I'm picturing him living a covert existence - hiding from the elves, working around them to survive. At some point he ended up in a flight-then-fight with a hunting party and killed the son of the Elven king, thus incurring the everlasting wrath of that powerful wizard. This would be both a Major Hindrance and the impetus behind him leaving The Forever and getting to wherever we start (unless we start in The Forever, then he'd likely be drawn to the others as possible allies against the Elves).

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
OK, thinking of a Tarzan/Mowgli trope from The Forever (so Forest rather than Jungle). He'd be one of the very few humans from the area, and I'm picturing him living a covert existence - hiding from the elves, working around them to survive. At some point he ended up in a flight-then-fight with a hunting party and killed the son of the Elven king, thus incurring the everlasting wrath of that powerful wizard. This would be both a Major Hindrance and the impetus behind him leaving The Forever and getting to wherever we start (unless we start in The Forever, then he'd likely be drawn to the others as possible allies against the Elves).

I think we're going to be starting in Gor, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I have a very vague idea of how the game is going to start, but it will largely depend on the PCs.

Remove ads