• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's Secret Wars OOC Thread

jkason

First Post
Late to the good-byes, but thanks for sticking it out as long as you did. I really like super-heroes, but I'd agree it's harder to maintain momentum with them. I think part of that is probably because, unlike a lot of other genres (traditional sword and sorcery, post-apocalyptic settings), four-color supers are almost exclusively part of visual mediums: There's lots of comics and movies with super-heroes, but (aside from the occasional tie-in) very little in the way of prose versions. So I think it's extra challenging to make PbP prose 'feel' like a four-color comic or summer blockbuster or what have you.

At least, that's my theory. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Late to the good-byes, but thanks for sticking it out as long as you did. I really like super-heroes, but I'd agree it's harder to maintain momentum with them. I think part of that is probably because, unlike a lot of other genres (traditional sword and sorcery, post-apocalyptic settings), four-color supers are almost exclusively part of visual mediums: There's lots of comics and movies with super-heroes, but (aside from the occasional tie-in) very little in the way of prose versions. So I think it's extra challenging to make PbP prose 'feel' like a four-color comic or summer blockbuster or what have you.

At least, that's my theory. :)

Actually I've read several Superhero Novels (Batman, Spiderman, X-men, etc) and they've all seemed really well done, some of my favourite books.

Remove ads