• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

instant death effects

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
The thread didn't actually die because the person who took it to 0 or below attacked with a misprinted sorrowsworn ring and accidentally died in it's place after granting it some temporary hitpoints.

Which means it's still unconscious and has to make death saves.

rollrollroll 5. Oops.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
I cared for about half a second but then realized I would have to do a manual text comparison and gave up after reading the word "siphon." Hmm, what do you think of "Syphon" as a bad guy's name? What class?

A tenner says that the players call him syphillis or sephiroth, depending on their average age.

-Avalon-

First Post
I cared for about half a second but then realized I would have to do a manual text comparison and gave up after reading the word "siphon." Hmm, what do you think of "Syphon" as a bad guy's name? What class?

Prolly a Paladin, because they "suck"...lol

Nah, make a Melee Warlock with that name... be awesome

Squire James

First Post
Syphon Soul (minor, encounter, close burst 10) - All enemies in burst take 2 damage. Syphon gains temporary HP equal to the total amount of damage dealt.

Now, if he can get hold of 1 black and 2 colorless mana from somewhere...

Dr_Sage

First Post
Really deep pits and stupidity....

Yes, stupidity and free will.

the way HP are described (and the way I see them) if a PC simpli jumps out of a cliff or let someone stab him, or do something intentionally to hurt himself, to hell with HP, he is either dying or dead.

To exemplify: one of the best sceenes I DMed so far was in a HARP game, and the a PC desperately trying to prove the truth of his apeals gave an arm to prove it.

NPC: "So I can use my sword to cut off your arm?"
PC: "Gladly" I extend my right arm over the table.
DM: Described the way the NPC swang his sword and the PC said he close his eyes and do not move. The sword hit only the table (cliché I know), as the NPC (and the DM) were impressed by the demonstration of honor and rightfullness.

My player knew he would loose his sword arm, no matter how much HP (concussion hits in HARP), but he did it anyway.

Sometimes we must underestand that the rules are that just to keep things in order not to ruim a plot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads