• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [INTEREST CHECK] The Curse of Amberstar

Archon Basileus

First Post
Tell me about it. But I'd rather have them freak out then pass by something critical - as it usually happens with our health care system.

On a happier note, first XP batch!

These are the events that took place, leading to XP awards for everyone:

- The duke's reception (RP)
- First encounter in campsite - against the indigo coats (RP+Combat)
- Meeting the mad illusionist and dodging the storm (RP+Action)
- The three prisoners (RP)
- Sardath's demise (Combat)
- Rescuing Embla and the miners (RP)
- Opening the sanctum - (RP+Action)
- Amberilan's quest - (RP+Action)
- The climb (Action)
- Cthon and the Teraphim (Combat+Action)
- The second campsite - Teraphim interaction (RP)

For the very first levels, you've been awarded 4500 XP.

Character-specific bonuses:

- Aanzu - Roleplay bonus (characterization) - 600 XP (total: 5100 XP)
- Lyllie - Roleplay bonus (greatest lines) - 600 XP (total: 5100 XP)
- Thulwar - Roleplay bonus (characterization and apprenticeship) - 650 XP (total: 5150 XP)
- Harfik - Roleplay bonus (creative diplomacy and adaptability) - 600 XP (total: 5100 XP)
- Icosa - Roleplay bonus (characterization and inner dialogues) - 620 XP (total: 5120 XP)

Again, characters can profit from a short rest, managing a long rest if they find it appropriate. Further details on the IC thread! :)

Shayuri

First Post
Ack, exp. Okay, so we started at level 6 with 14,000xp, so now we all have roughly 19,000ish. A good chunk of the way to level 7.

Nice!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I'm confused. For some reason my sheet in the RG said I was at 17,200 xp, and with the 5,100 from today I'll be on the edge of 7th level.

However, that doesn't seem to make sense, because I see that the 5,100 xp comes from everything up till now, and at level 6 you start with 14,000 (like Shayuri mentioned).

I guess I made a mistake on my sheet, or perhaps I updated it earlier with a bit of the xp now added in the total?

Either way, I'll update it to the proper number (which seems to be 19,100 xp, in my case).

Also, has anyone written down how many rages Aanzu has spent? I'm not really looking forward to going through the IC thread and counting, but if I must...

Shayuri

First Post
Hey, I have a build question. Would it be okay if I made a change to Icosa's multiclass? I had him multiclassed as a barbarian, because I liked the defensive properties of the class...but on recent re-reading, it's really a big anti-synergy. Rage means no spells, period, and I'm realizing that I'd be much better off relying on spells for defense than rage.

Could I change his multiclass into a sorceror one? I'm thinking draconic, something core and simple... He wouldn't be a draconic bloodline, of course. The mechanics of the bloodline (AC boost, benefit to energy spells, etc) just work well with the concept of a battle robot.

I don't think I've done much barbarian stuff, so it shouldn't mess with continuity too hard.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Hey, I have a build question. Would it be okay if I made a change to Icosa's multiclass? I had him multiclassed as a barbarian, because I liked the defensive properties of the class...but on recent re-reading, it's really a big anti-synergy. Rage means no spells, period, and I'm realizing that I'd be much better off relying on spells for defense than rage.

Could I change his multiclass into a sorceror one? I'm thinking draconic, something core and simple... He wouldn't be a draconic bloodline, of course. The mechanics of the bloodline (AC boost, benefit to energy spells, etc) just work well with the concept of a battle robot.

I don't think I've done much barbarian stuff, so it shouldn't mess with continuity too hard.
Yup! I figured you might want to switch!

Remove ads