Interest Check - Way of the Wicked - Golarian

ahayford

First Post
Well, anyone convicted of a High Crime and sent to Branderscar Prison would be written off as good as dead. Any family of note, particularly families trying to increase their influence would try to distance themselves as much as possible. This likely means your family would, at worst, disown you and have nothing to do with you. At best, they might publicly disown you and only be able to provide limited support. Keep in mind if you do escape prison, you will be escaped convicts and enemies of the states.

Shayuri

First Post
You'll have mine today.

I couldn't get onto Enworld over the weekend. My home internet connection is bonkers. It sort of semi-works, but some pages take repeated reloads to get through, and any content I post is lost on reload. It's very infuriating.

ghostcat

First Post
You'll have mine today.

I couldn't get onto Enworld over the weekend. My home internet connection is bonkers. It sort of semi-works, but some pages take repeated reloads to get through, and any content I post is lost on reload. It's very infuriating.

I always construct my posts in an off-line text editor (personally I use Thunderbird but Notepad will do just as well). then all you need to do is cut and paste into Enworld as many times as it takes.

Shayuri

First Post
Ahem. And by 'today' I meant 'tomrrow.' :)

Here's the sheet. I'll be filling in the last few details as I have time.

Zelda
Race: Halfling
Class: Evil Sorceror 1
Alignment: EVIL!

"I don't know if it's better to rule in hell than serve in heaven...but it's DEFINITELY better than to serve anywhere else."

Appearance: Adorable; dimple-cheeked with a spatter of freckles over her nose and under her eyes, with red-gold hair and a wide smile that warms the heart...until one realizes what dark thoughts lay behind that smile.

Str 8
Dex 16 (5
Con 14 (5
Int 12 (2
Wis 10
Cha 19 (13

BAB +0
Mele Atk +0
Rngd Atk +4
AC 14 (10 + 3 Dex + 1 size)
CMB -1
CMD 11
Fort +3
Ref +4
Will +3

Halfling Abilities

Class Abilities
Eschew Materials
Bloodline Arcana: +2 DC on Charms
Bloodline Spells
Bloodline Feats
Bloodline Powers
- Corrupting Touch (inflict Shaken w/melee touch for 1/2 lvl rnds, 3+chamod/day)

Skills
Bluff +11 (3 rnks + 4 cha + 3 class + 1 trait)
Diplomacy +10 (3 rnks + 4 cha + 3 class)
Knowledge: Arcana +5 (1 rnk + 1 int + 3 class)
Spellcraft +5 (1 rnk + 1 int + 3 class)
Use Magic Device +8 (1 rnk + 4 cha + 3 class)

Feats

Spells (Sorc CL 1, DC 14+lvl)
1) 4

Known
Cantrips: 4
1) 2

Background:
Zelda is unusual for a halfling in that she craves dominion. The caravan she was born to was destroyed, but long before that it was considered cursed by other halflings. As the last survivor of it, that superstition focused on her. As a child she bounced from human orphanages to the streets and back again. Each time a new place took her in, only to quietly usher her out, until her capacity to trust was shattered. It all came down to the strange happenings that dogged her. Strange, unnatural, and unsavory. Things spoiled unaccountably fast, and animals of carrion and decay seemed overly friendly with her. Wherever Zelda went, whispers of witchcraft and dark magic followed.

Her path in life was to be short and bitter until its direction was changed by a pair of thieves and confidence artists who 'adopted' her to pose as a human toddler as part of a plan. For the first time Zelda experienced a tiny taste of the power of deception and saw what could be achieved from the unwitting. She found a measure of acceptance in the pair as well, as one was a 'tiefling' from a far off city where Asmodeus was the openly-acknowledged god. He recognized signs in her, and helped her delve into controlling the magic within, though he was no wizard or sorceror.

In the end the two were caught and only by posing as an innocent dupe, thus incriminating both of them, was Zelda able to escape. By then Zelda had realized that she too had the touch of the Pit on her, in her blood...and that her fate was sealed. No amount of good deeds could wash away what she was. Therefore, it was incumbent on her to prepare. If she was damned, then she would be QUEEN of the damned. She would not be helpless again, an object of sadistic amusment and scorn. She knew what strength was now, and what power was, and when she finally went to Hell...she would have both, in sufficient quantities to impress its god-ruler and earn a high place.

And who knew? In time, perhaps even His throne would be in need of someone new to sit on it.

ahayford

First Post
As a heads up....I was preparing for the campaign the other night and came across something I should mention. The leadership feat in this campaign has a slightly different meaning then in a standard good campaign. If you take the feat, it allows you to either:

1) Start you own evil organization
2) Be a ruling member of your party's "Council of Evil"

This choice is far out in the campaign, but just thought it might seed some good ideas for those thinking out their character's plans. It amounts to each player that takes the feat being the leader of their smaller organization or pooling the resources to form a larger organization of evil and sharing leadership.

Shayuri

First Post
I am planning on taking it.

As for which option I choose...well see how the game progresses to that point. A lot depends on Zelda's experiences with the Council. Whether she feels better off throwing in all her coins in hopes of a big payoff...or secretly developing her own power base in the hopes of one day surpassing it.

Remove ads