Into the Moral Darkness: OOC

Velmont

First Post
All your answers would be as simple as: SRD

1) Here is about the lock. They call it Amazing in the list, and superb in the description, but I just paid for the best lock.

2) Here is the trap description, but it's true I didn't thought the spell stored in the glyph could be charged. When I choosed it, it was simply in my mind that it was a single spell. If the caster charge the second spell, it means I could add 60 gp at minimum, but as the caster of glyph of warding is at least 5th, blindness should cost 100 gp, (Caster level 5th * Spell level 2 * 10), as stated here. Juste tell me if I must pay more.

Depending on the cost, I might change y mind and put a blasting ward that do 3 or 4 dices of damage... but I don't like much to have a killing ward, but for innocent people who would just be too curious (and thus, it should be me who should have hidden more well the chest) or my enemy, that I would like to question to know why they are doing that.

3) Here you can find the poisons. Here the stats:

Oil of taggit
Ingested DC 15
First damage: 0
Second damage: Unconsciousness
90 gp

Just a simple and cheap poison to make some guard sleep if needed. I would just need to put it in there food, or for some other similar use.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
D'oh! When you put Amazing Lock I was thinking it was a magical item. I didn't even think about checking the PHB. Sorry. Totally my fault for making assumptions! :eek:

Regarding the spell, I have thought it through some more and I think that since the wording of the spell doesn't suggest that an additional spell is cast that the ward effect is assumed by the glyph spell. So, no extra cost needed. I just needed some time to think that one through.

About the oil: again, my fault for skimming through the DMG. I read through that table several times and missed it on all accounts.

Anyway - These are each obviously approved since they're all core - thanks for showing me where to look with regard to the lock and the oil. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep track of which things are in which book. ;) :D

Velmont

First Post
I've started to write down a background... feel free to write down any somment. I'll be develloping it more later today and tomorrow...

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Looks good so far. You may be already thinking about it but you might want to explain how he got into the Baron's employment. I'll give you a fairly liberal leash - just remember Veniel is a third level character so nothing too grand! :D Beyond that, the rest of it is simply stuff to help you round out the character in your mind.

Velmont

First Post
In big lines, I was thinking something like that:

- He train as a Rogue with his parent but they got killed by the fault of humans.
- He trained as a Urban ranger with his uncle, devellop his enmity with humans and got into contact with the baron.
- The baron complete his training as a Beguiler and gaves him a small observation mission.
- Trusting him more and also because he is coming from the region of Geoffsonburg, the baron decide to give Veniel something more important, and he was sent as the Voice of Geoffsonburg.
- His name of correspondance with the Baron is the Eye of Stalagmite, but he usually use the name of his undercover personality.

Just a question, the synopsis you post doesn't mention Eiss Nukti. Do I start as one of there member, or I might get recruit during teh game?

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Two points of clarification:

1. The Voice of Geoffsonburg isn't your character, it is one o the official emmisaries that King Sigfried of Barghost sends to other countries. Thus, your character need not be from Geoffsonburg, although he certainly can be if you wanted to be. What I was thinking was that Baron Eidon had Veniel pretend to be the Voice of Geoffsonburg as his cover for checking up on Jairal Oakshod, the half-elf mayor of Devil's Hand - a small suburb of Stalagmite. Go back up and reread the sblock in the first post. That Sblock is describing the Aster Rufus Harassha, not necessarily your character. Sorry for the confusion if it was my fault!

2. The Eiss Nukti is intentionaly not mentioned. You're not quite "noticeable" yet as a 3rd level character. So it will be an in game goal that the story is aiming towards. That way you'll get the experience of knowing that I'm aiming for it but not knowing who it is that will introduce Veniel to the Eiss Nukti. You'll likely figure it out, but that'll be part of the game this way! :D

Edit:

Whoops! I forget to also mention that you above outline sounds like a great plan. Write it up and we'll be set to begin whenever you are!

Velmont

First Post
1. I understood that. The names he use is Eye of Stalagmite, but he generally use it only with the Baron and the very rare relative who he will know his function (a few close advisor of the baron and maybe his uncle). Most of teh time, he simply use his undercovername, and when the action start, it means he is using Voice of Geoffsonburg. I might use another name if he need, I might get inspired with teh background. most likely, it will be his former name, the one he had before becoming the Eye of Stalagmite.

2. Cool, just to be sure I don't have to write about them in my background. Presently, it might even happen that he is not seeking the Eiss Nukti, but if they ever happen to come into contact, he would seriously consider the offer, most liekly joining them except if the circumstance in which the offer arrive motivate it otherwise, but as OOC, I am interested, there would be no surprise on his decision...

For the beggining, I am looking for somewhere next week, as this week-end, I won't be in the country and far from any computer.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Cool. No rush.

Just out of curiosity - when you say out of the country do you mean the USA (which is where I'm posting from) or Canada (according to your Bio information under your avatar)? Where are you headed?

Velmont

First Post
I'm from Canada, montreal and I am heading to the USA. Stramford, CT. When I don'T spend many hours in front of a computer for the job or for my personal distraction, I am spending it on a dance floor, swinging with girls (and no! Not that kind of swing, nothing sexual in it ;) ).

This week-end is the American Lindy Hop Championship, so I am going there to do workshop, dance and maybe compete, but that I am not sure yet. So I'll be spending all the long week-end (Friday to Sunday) on teh dance floor or in my room sleeping to regain all my lost strenght, which mean around 4 hours per night :p

Remove ads