• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Leif

Adventurer
However, I have another plan!

Yes, I know, I'm very sorry my dear Featherwind! I had forgotten that you were even here! [ooc: Nurl says this to the small owl on his shoulder] Why don't you fly over the ship and see what you can see? But you'll need to be careful to keep out of reach of their nasty weapons and possibly even spells! Maybe your keen eyes can discern something important, even from here while you are still safe with me?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Not to worry overmuch about the Invisibility spell - I'm actually pretty good at going unseen as well as unheard, as long as there's a bit of shadow to tuck myself into."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

"Not yet . . . I thought I'd walk for now. The ships are in dock attached to the Rest. I don't relish swimming - I'm a fair swimmer, but Captain Morwyn is far better than I, and scouted out the water route earlier in our trip. It's covered by some undead looking fishies I'd not like to tangle with unless there's no other choice. If you can keep yourself hidden, you're welcome to come with me (if I end up going, and if the Captain agrees, of course)."

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
Yes, I know, I'm very sorry my dear Featherwind! I had forgotten that you were even here! [ooc: Nurl says this to the small owl on his shoulder] Why don't you fly over the ship and see what you can see? But you'll need to be careful to keep out of reach of their nasty weapons and possibly even spells! Maybe your keen eyes can discern something important, even from here while you are still safe with me?

The little owl, who looks fairly imposing on the diminutive Gnome's shoulder, responds with a series of hoots and clicks incomprehensible to others in the room, but the Nurl seems to understand. [sblock=For Nurl and those who speak owl only]Can I snag myself a tasty rat or two while I'm out? From the looks of this place their must be millions of them. If I have to get out in the middle of my sleep time I can at least eat. Tell me want you want me to look for. I'm not at my best in the daylight, but I'll do what I can.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Featherwind

OOC: Is Featherwind's keen owl vision able to discern any details that aren't apparent to the rest of us regarding the bad guys' ships/the wall/anything else in the area? I mean, of course, while she is still here with me. It's just too dangerous to send her on a flying spy mission while the sun is up, plus she will be more effective at night, anyway.

Leif

Adventurer
Featherwind, can you see anything of note from right here? I'm afraid to send you out there all alone where I won't be able to help you if something happens.

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley said:
The little owl, who looks fairly imposing on the diminutive Gnome's shoulder, responds with a series of hoots and clicks incomprehensible to others in the room, but the Nurl seems to understand. [sblock=For Nurl and those who speak owl only]Can I snag myself a tasty rat or two while I'm out? From the looks of this place their must be millions of them. If I have to get out in the middle of my sleep time I can at least eat. Tell me want you want me to look for. I'm not at my best in the daylight, but I'll do what I can.[/sblock]
I kinda like being THE Nurl!! hehehe

Scotley

Hero
Featherwind moves in an ungainly way to the nearest porthole and takes flight. She gives one brief call indicating her joy in flying and soon circles higher. After a couple of minutes he returns coming through the porthole like a bullet and lands on Nurl's shoulder with a crisp snap of feather and wing. She begins to hoot excitedly. [sblock=For G'Nurl]Featherwind is highly excited and a little frightened by the huge rats here. "Damn, those rats where big as you G'Nurl. Huge!" After she calms down she relates what she could see. The floating walls surround a strange sight, ships upon wood rather than in the water. One seems to be taken apart while the other has been wrecked and has a funny magic glow about it. Strangest of all where the dead ones. "There were dead people all over the ships, but they were moving around! I don't think I like this place at all. This big pale human dressed in furs and leather was ordering the dead ones around and the did what he said." [/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Here's what FEATHERWIND saw

She said: "I'm a little frightened by the huge rats here. Damn, those rats are as big as you, Gnurl. Huge! The floating walls surround a strange sight, ships upon wood rather than in the water. One seems to be taken apart while the other has been wrecked and has a funny magic glow about it. Strangest of all were the dead ones. There were dead people all over the ships, but they were moving around! I don't think I like this place at all. This big pale human dressed in furs and leather was ordering the dead ones around and they did what he said."

[OOC: Gnurl kisses FeatherwinD and says...] Good girl, featherwind! You stay right here by me, ok!

Last edited:

Remove ads