It's time to make fetch happen: Barbie Teaser 2, Now With More Gosling

Clint_L

Hero
Greta Gerwig is 2/2, and her Lady Bird is an almost perfect film (full disclosure: I've included it in my Language and Literature curriculum for the last four years). So this will be an opening weekend film for me. The trailer looks pretty awesome, but this is a really different kind of film for Gerwig, and I am very interested to see how she deals with an FX heavy fantasy/sci-fi story.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Greta Gerwig is 2/2, and her Lady Bird is an almost perfect film (full disclosure: I've included it in my Language and Literature curriculum for the last four years). So this will be an opening weekend film for me. The trailer looks pretty awesome, but this is a really different kind of film for Gerwig, and I am very interested to see how she deals with an FX heavy fantasy/sci-fi story.
Given that it's Greta Gerwig, what are the odds that Barbie ends up in Sacramento?

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
As mindless summer fare, it actually looks interesting. I’d see it if a friend suggest it. Otherwise, probably wait for streaming. However, it may be fun if they played it at a drive in on a nice summer day.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Who in the 9 Hells of Baator is going to see this?
Girls (now women) who grew up with Barbie?

I can't say it looks any dumber than the D&D movie, except that I grew up playing D&D and not with Barbies.

Let people have their pulp nostalgia, even if it's yours. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads