• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keith Baker (creator of Eberron) Q & A thread

Hellcow

Adventurer
coyote6 said:
The film, eh? Typo/think-o, or a Freudian slip of the typing fingers that hints at possible future examples of Eberron in other media? ;)
The former, I'm afraid -- between work and message boards, I have been typing non-stop for far too long!

Goobermunch

Explorer
coyote6 said:
The film, eh? Typo/think-o, or a Freudian slip of the typing fingers that hints at possible future examples of Eberron in other media? ;)

I'm thinking think-o. I suspect that what Keith meant was that the genres of film were influenced by the two great wars.

Keith-- I just wanted to say good work!

--G

(who remembers gcp and trin)

BelXiror

First Post
Eberron seems to be very sparsely populated. For a continent that is 2500 by 5000 miles (and maybe on the order of 8 million square miles) a total humanoid and civilized monster population of 16 million seems rather small (2 creatures per square mile - compare this with the USA in 1790 which had 4.5 people per square mile. If this density is applied to the USA today the population would be just over 7 million as compared to the actual ~290 million). Was there any particular rationale behind these low densities? Are they a reflection of toll of the Last War?

Come down to Australia for low population density :p

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Not really a question, just pointing out something:

The sample NPC for the "Heir of Siberys" prestige class doesn't meet the prerequisites of the class. The class requires 15 ranks in any two skills, and Rurik D'Kundarak has 17 ranks of Intimidate, 9 ranks of Spot, and 9 ranks of listen. At 12th level (when he qualified for the prestige class) it was 15 ranks of intimidate and (at most) 7 ranks of Spot and 7 ranks of Listen.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Hellcow said:
Caliban said:
The Weretouched prestige class. Is it's only purpose to make the DM's eyes explode out of their head?

Yes.

Ha! I wish there was some way of adequately typing laughter, ROFL just doesn't capture it properly and all the other combinations of letters I chose looked sarcastic.

This is the funniest one-word answer that I've seen in 2004 to date :)

(Although personally I think I'm going to have to come up with some balancing mechanism for the different "weretypes" the weretouched can enter... As Caliban says, the differences are pretty... huge!)

Cheers

frankthedm

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Ha! I wish there was some way of adequately typing laughter, ROFL just doesn't capture it properly and all the other combinations of letters I chose looked sarcastic.

This is the funniest one-word answer that I've seen in 2004 to date :)

(Although personally I think I'm going to have to come up with some balancing mechanism for the different "weretypes" the weretouched can enter... As Caliban says, the differences are pretty... huge!)

Cheers

funny?

I find it as irresponsible as the "some weapon has to be the strongest" line of the Sword and Fist author back in 3.0

Shadowdancer

First Post
coyote6 said:
I think this supports the rumor that the campaign setting was originally submitted in a screenplay format. :)

ironmani

First Post
Here's a qick question for you Kieth. Do Warforged fell pain? Or do they just acknowledge damage? I mean it would be kinda freaky for the average 1st level commoner to score a crit and say, hack off an arm, and just have the Warforge look down at his stump and then at the attacker and keep advancing. Like a terminator. Makes for intresting scenes. Warforged surviving Fireballs and marching thru the the explosion unfazed, from a pain perspective. The reason I ask, is I was cooking dinner, had some boiling water from a pot scald my finger, about as bad as a nasty sun burn, and it HURT like a mutha! :lol:

Last edited:

MrFilthyIke

First Post
ironmani said:
The reason I ask, is I was cooking dinner, had some boiling water from a pot scald my finger, about as bad as a nasty sun burn, and it HURT like a mutha! :lol:

I'll second that, makes for interesting descriptions of NPCs/PCs wading through horrific combats w/o breaking a sweat. :)

Remove ads