• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - IC

twilsemail

First Post
Biting back a curse, Skaldi slows the boat to save the Thegn's brother. "My Lord. Here." He has trouble not making it an order, but he catches the nobleman's attention. Extending a hand, he pulls the man into the boat and begins his pursuit of the Goblin once again.

Spotting the archer also chasing the creature, he begins moving towards her.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Noble Presence, allows Srothgar to Shift 2. Hopefully he'll use that movement to get into the boat.
Standard: If that doesn't work, Pull him up.
Standard: If that does work, Pole the boat along. Hopefully closer to Kadlin.

After looking at my actions for half a minute, I think this works better:
Standard: Pull Srothgar into the boat
Move: Pole Boat along

[sblock=Skaldi]Skaldi—Male Tiefling Warlord 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 16, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 14 — Speed: 6
HP: 26/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 6, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers:
Commander’s Strike
Direct the Strike
Powerful Warning
Orchestrated Offensive
Inspiring Word
Inspiring Word (2)
Infernal Wrath
Noble Presence
Conditions:
Sheet: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues...ga-trollfed-aerie-characters.html#post5675923 [/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Olaf stops his charge as he notices people moving around him. Turing his head around, he notices the boat, coming rushing behind him. Calculating it's trajectory, he sidesteps and hops in. The soaked apparently unarmed nomad viking warrior rises his face to watch at Skaldi "We're goin' after that goblin, boat rider, give me a pole."

OOC: Edit: I'll change that: Wait until the boat pass by: Move into the boat: Standard, Pole forward.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
As a child, Kadlin had earned the nickname "Goatlegs" for the speed and agility with which she scrambled through the rocky hills around Kjur Peak. Now she put that speed to use, sprinting in pursuit of the vile goblin- her own fury, and the anger of her goddess, only propelled her faster.

[sblock= OOC]
>Same thing: Move +Standard>Move, run, in Aspect of the Seeking Falcon; total is 20 squares closer to goblin

[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
Satoshi eyes the running water as he runs, a plan forming in his mind. Abruptly, he turns and leaps into the water, trying to wade across the river even as the current helps him closer to the goblin.

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Ouch on the roll! You'll be the first deva to drown in 4-foot deep water :p

Finally realizing the strange-skinned man near him charging the goblin as well, the idea of using the flow of the hasty river as leverage is made clear to Dossk. The Mul follows in the stranger's footsteps as he gracefully dives into the shallow water and starts to pull along through the river's current. He somehow manages to make good time, while having to swim with Kurnhuelde in his right hand.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Daigon

49722d1315477641-koukonsoegur-saga-trollfed-aerie-characters-daigon.jpg

Daigon continuous to follow on land. The presence of the goblin is maybe an insult, but the primal powers of a waterfall are nothing to mess around with.

[sblock=OOC]

Move as best as he can to follow the goblin on land.

How dangerous would the waterfall be?
Daigon is not going to swim in armor vs a current and not typical willing to enter a boat with nearly strangers.

But I'm willing to meta-game, if this is necessary to stay in the adventure.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Daigon
Perception: 12 Insight: 10 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 14
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 29 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Dominator's Strike, Vengeance Strike
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Guardian's Counter, Dread Smite, Shroud of Shadow
Daily Powers: -

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Cor Azer

First Post
OOC: Going over the waterfall? Very dangerous. Thousand foot fall or so into choppy, rocky waters - big hurt. It's not particularly hard to get out of the water beforehand, but if you fail...

There's no need to metagame to keep the group together; play your character as you see fit. Plenty of chances for the group to gather all proper-like after this encounter if need be.

Cor Azer

First Post
While Satoshi's plan has merit, his skills in the water are lacking, and his less-than-graceful entrance leaves him near stammering and floundering in the fast-moving river, dragging him along the north bank without heed. Dossk notes the deva's idea, however, and ably launches himself into the water with his mordenkrad plowing forward, using the current to propel him more than half-way across the Iyofryjkawa.

On the other side of the bridge, Skaldi finishes helping Srothgar from the waters behind his pole boat, and then turns his attention ahead. Although he misses the mul and deva in the water, he sees the ranger chasing the goblin, and decides to head for her, hoping to help as soon as he arrives. En route, Olaf grabs a pole and hauls himself aboard, quickly noting the tiefling's destination. At the back of the boat, Srothgar helps the two other townsfolk in the river aboard, saving them from the fast rushing water.

As he catches his breath, Srothgar the younger finally gets a brief moment to look ahead at the goblin. The distance makes it difficult on his old eyes, but something in the goblin's garb sparks a memory. "Tuket," he says, barely audible over the rush of water. Louder, he yells to Skaldi and Olaf at the front of the boat. "The goblin is Tuket! He's a chief! There may be more goblins at the cliff!"

Back near the collapsed platform, Daigon sees the commotion in the water, but respects the river's force too much to risk it himself considering his armor, so he continues rushing along the north shore, with a simply garbed monk hurrying along further back.

As Tuket finishes scrambling onto the south shore, he notes the human female running towards him, but fails to see his pursuers in the water. Judging his lead as comfortable enough, he takes a moment to coil his rope and then press it lightly to his chest, as if in thanks or prayer.

With a roar drowned out by the waterfall, the burning funeral boat of the late thegn Njall Strothtoshi passes over the rim of the rushing Iyofryjkawa, and cleaves through the air, beginning its fall to the Gods' Wrath Sea far below.

OOC: Tuket just spent a healing surge to recharge his magic item, so he makes no further progress towards the cliff.

[sblock=Rough Map]
Rough map

River: 200ft / 40sq wide
W: Waterfall
B: Bridge (level with banks at ends, 40ft high in center)
P: Collapsed platform, most of the townsfolk stuck in the water
s: Kjula (Someone)
g: Tuket, the goblin chief
k: Kadlin (pathfinderq1)
d: Dossk (GROMkill)
p: Satoshi (Pentius)
w: Daigon (Walking Dad)
x: empty space holder
b: pole boat, with Skaldi (twilsemail), Olaf (Voda Vosa), Srothgar, and two random townsfolk

North bank:
W<-- 20sq -->x<-- 58sq -->x<-- 2sq -->x<-- 4sq -->x<-- 36sq -->B<-- 28sq -->x<-- 30sq -->w<-- 14sq -->s<-- 8sq -->P
River: (1sq from north bank)
W<-- 20sq -->x<-- 58sq -->x<-- 2sq -->x<-- 4sq -->p<-- 36sq -->B<-- 28sq -->x<-- 30sq -->x<-- 14sq -->x<-- 8sq -->
River: (26sq from north bank / 14sq from south bank)
W<-- 20sq -->x<-- 58sq -->d<-- 2sq -->x<-- 4sq -->x<-- 36sq -->B<-- 28sq -->b<-- 30sq -->x<-- 14sq -->x<-- 8sq -->
South bank:
W<-- 20sq -->g<-- 58sq -->x<-- 2sq -->k<-- 4sq -->x<-- 36sq -->B<-- 28sq -->x<-- 30sq -->x<-- 14sq -->x<-- 8sq -->
[/sblock]

[sblock=Encounter special traits]
There are now 5 people on the pole boat, but only 4 can actually use poles at a time. Srothgar and/or the 2 townsfolk can man three of the poles, if one of Olaf or Skaldi wishes to do something else with their Standard and/or Move actions and still have the boat move full speed (48 squares, before factoring in the current)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tuket, Goblin Chief]
Tuket, Goblin Chief
HP: 92; Bloodied: 46
AC 21; Fort 17; Reflex 17; Will 14
Healing Surges/day: -1 from whatever his total is...
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Olaf chuckles. "A Chief ye say my leash? That will be a glorious battle, when I rip that bastard's heart from his chest." With grim determination, Olaf Poles the boat firmly.

OOC: Pole with my move and standard actions

Someone

Adventurer
The monk, seeing the goblin at the other side of the river, crosses the bridge, which is still full of people. Kjula chooses the only unobstructed place - the parapet. He runs on it in pursuit of the thief.

OOC: I meant to cross the river using th bridge at first, but I didn't think I'd reach it in one round. The acrobatics roll is meant to cross it quickly despite the people that must sill be there, according to earlier posts

Last edited:

Remove ads