• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Lakelands] Play By Post Now Recruiting [Full]

Raven Crowking

First Post
How Are We Doing?

Hi there.

This is just a request for general feedback. Are you enjoying the game so far? Going to slow? Too much detail? Not enough combat?

Let me know what your thoughts are thus far.

RC

Samuel Leming

First Post
Things are going well enough. I'm still getting used to this play by post form.

I haven't see Krug post in a while. Did we lose our goblin?

[dice=1]20[/dice]

Sam

Samuel Leming

First Post
What's wrong with this picture?

Die Roll: 1d6 (20)
20.gif

:\ ;)

Sam

I'm having a great time! I've never played a PBP before, and I was worried that the pacing would be too slow (i.e. lack of combat would be a factor), but I've enjoyed the 'storytelling' aspect a lot more than I thought I would.

Speaking of combat, what do experienced PBPers recommend is the best (read fastest) way of handling it? Are there any PBP 'tricks' to make things go quickly? It'd be strange and maybe annoying to have a single combat last 2 months for example.

wolfheart

First Post
I am enjoying the game also, and think if the pacing is slow it is because of the characters not the DM. I think we were slowed by not being able to talk to maldordo, and that is no ones fault, just a twist of fate. All in all, I give this game very high marks.

As for combat, I would say that RC should set up the situation, and if a player wants to do something other than wade straight in to the fight, he should go to this thread and explain what he wants to do. Keep the posts in game kind of general and let RC explains how it all works out.

Raven Crowking

First Post
wolfheart said:
As for combat, I would say that RC should set up the situation, and if a player wants to do something other than wade straight in to the fight, he should go to this thread and explain what he wants to do. Keep the posts in game kind of general and let RC explains how it all works out.

Sounds good to me.

RC

Raven Crowking

First Post
Ethical Debates in the Game

Guys,

Just to be perfectly clear on what's occuring in the game: yes, I am intentionally throwing you a curve ball. What the miller has done in the last post, essentially, is questioned your authority in legal terms, and claimed that if you damage him he or his family will file suit against you with the magistrate/reeve.

Selby-by-the-Water is a trading town, and the judicial bent is generally "If it harms no one else, and is not harmful to trade, we don't care what you do." Even so, they do enforce the concept of weregild because feuding is bad for business. (Read Romeo and Juliet for an example of how feuding can be interupted by lawful authority and then still spill violence onto the streets. Or visit [Modern City of Choice].) Weregild came up tangentially in the main ("at the table") group when a boat captain hung a party member for murdering another party member.

Unless there is any doubt, sacrificing children counts as an evil act in my book, regardless of what you hope to accomplish by so doing.

RC

Remove ads