• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Land of Syrael OOC

I was thinking about something:

These necropoli: Are they maintained by living communities? In that case, I suspect a party of adventurers probably needs to avoid the locals, try to find a town far enough away that they don't care about the tomb being robbed. Am I right?

Raiding in general - has there been a huge upswing in raids throughout the land as the rumors grow of the second son's death?

Is Kraken hunting a popular Heroic pursuit?

And, can most people expect to get 3rd or 4th level by 25, or to 6 or 7th level by 40 or 50 (albeit most as Commoners)?

-Albert

penance

First Post
Ok, sorry about not being on, ended up doing alot of driving/shopping tonight. :D Here are some thoughts:

Alexia is a fighter4/sorc2, and will be roleplayed by Cerubus_666. Character sheet should be posted by monday at the latest.

I will be making changes to the first couple posts, keep in mind that I was rather rushed to get them done in time (especaily with that big mis-post!) Sorry.

[sblock=Blood: ]I looked up kensai (actually saw the entry in the warrior's book :p)and give it my approval. I like the fluff and am curious what your oath of fealty will be. :D some DM thoughts: +8 str? wow. +7 enhancement bonus on sig weap? wow again. Be prepared to sumbit that to me for final checks before it is approved. Also, the 6 pally levels stays, your 7th level will be kensai (should you so choose).[/sblock]

[sblock=background]The necropoli were abandoned by normal people long ago, but there has been there share of death-worshipping cults, thieves using it out as a base, and your odd necromancer. Basically, the place is still there because of the large highway running through it, and a small (well guarded) town on the very northern tip of the forest. The known necropoli in the area are scattered around the southern end, which is understandable not very well mapped.[/sblock]

[sblock=more background]As far as kraken go, generally it is considered a very unheroic thing to die at sea, and between kraken, reefs, and terrible magi storms, it is rarely traversed. The odd trading ship sends a run or two, but these are usually extremly magically enhanced (weather control, defensive mages and such). These expeditions rarely make a profit.

Air travel is blocked the the magi storms; feirce, random, and devestating storms that are caused by currents of chaos and magic bubbling up from the still 'bleeding' surface of the planet that was rent hundreds of years ago. Slowly, the 'wound' in the seafloor heals, and as they do, the storms weaken, but this is a process that takes decades for any noticable effect.[/sblock]

[sblock=important reminder]The second son had not died, only dropped from sight, which is not altogether an unusual thing for a prospective Arch. The tumult is caused by the failure of the first son to return. He was a very well respected and powerful fighter even before he left, many were sure (and many bets lost!) when he did not reveal himself on the proper day.
Raiding and slaving has taken a high turn. This is due to a number of factors, including the movement of many experienced men to the outlying towns to defend from attacks, leaving a power vaccuum. The King's health (while certainly not on his deathbed) is slowly waning, making him but a shell of the man he once was. Primarialy, the increased banditry draws its powerful from the underground crime movement based in bribery, smuggling, and the slave trade.[/sblock]

as far as NPC commoner levels, assume the standard. If you want me to fish through my books and retype what they have in there on the topic, just let me know.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Priest_Sidran said:
Rhun you still around

I'm always around during the week. I'm DMing two PBP games here, and I play in several games here as well. My posting on the weekends is just a bit more sporadic then my posting during the week. :D

Bloodweaver1

First Post
penance said:
[sblock=Blood: ]I looked up kensai (actually saw the entry in the warrior's book :p)and give it my approval. I like the fluff and am curious what your oath of fealty will be. :D some DM thoughts: +8 str? wow. +7 enhancement bonus on sig weap? wow again. Be prepared to sumbit that to me for final checks before it is approved. Also, the 6 pally levels stays, your 7th level will be kensai (should you so choose).[/sblock]

Actually, the signature weapon will only be +1. The bonus system is based on class level of the PrC. Not the total character level. So a first level Kensai, seventh level warrior will only have a +1 signature weapon. A level two kensai and level five warrior would have a +2 signature weapon (etc). That is unless I read the decription wrong.

-Blood

penance

First Post
Nods, yeah, I figured that out. :p when you gain another level in kensai, does the weapon gain another bonus? or do you have to re-meditate?

Remove ads