• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Land of Syrael OOC

Bloodweaver1

First Post
penance said:
Blood, your character is tenatively accepeted with the caveat that you make him a 6 pally for now. (and a thorogh math check!) It will take more time and thought for me to make a desicion on this Kensai thing, right now I'm concentrating on storyline and foundation. If you will give me some patience, I promise you won't regret it.

No prob. However, I am going to have change a few things within the build in order to make it a bit more functional. Expect another email and updated posting of the character sheet. Will the Kensia be an acceptable PrC? If not (which is completely acceptable) I might change more within the build. I just saw your comment in the RG thread.

Also - I thought about what you mentioned before, and I really do not see this character committing suicide after what happened at the Keep. Especially after the him finding a name of the ones responsible. I was thinking that he coinsedently stumbled onto the slave traders through his investigations at the same time as the rest of group.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

-Blood

EDIT:: I just saw your comment in the RG thread. The Breast Plate Blue Dragon armor has no real game mechanic besides helping to create a better feel for the character. Sorry I spaced on the "Half Shaft" feat. The feat is found in PHBII. The benefit is that a character who using a reach weapon (such as a polearm, glaive, etc) can take a swift action to choke up on the weapon so it can be used against foes that are adjastent to the character. One can switch back by taking another swift action. One can only take one swift action a round during their turn.

Last edited:

penance

First Post
Thats no problem: as for kensai I havent gotten a second to look. :D But unless there is something very broken I dont see why it wont be; I'm just slightly reluctant to jump into something I havent seen before. It's on my to-do list. :)

As for storyline, how about this; your character is questing about looking for that bastards that killed his family(s) when he stumbles upon a group of bandits. He kills six, but is about to fall to their friends when the party happens upon his plight; Rhun's character recognises a man that helped capture him, and so sets upon them from behind, saving your life. Indebted to them, and recognising the need for allies, you join them. Sound good?

Bloodweaver1

First Post
penance said:
Thats no problem: as for kensai I havent gotten a second to look. :D But unless there is something very broken I dont see why it wont be; I'm just slightly reluctant to jump into something I havent seen before. It's on my to-do list. :)

As for storyline, how about this; your character is questing about looking for that bastards that killed his family(s) when he stumbles upon a group of bandits. He kills six, but is about to fall to their friends when the party happens upon his plight; Rhun's character recognises a man that helped capture him, and so sets upon them from behind, saving your life. Indebted to them, and recognising the need for allies, you join them. Sound good?

That works. So plan for a Kensia at lvl 7? Or keep it at level 6 until you get a better read?

-Blood

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Also, it helps if links for the OOC - IC and RG are in the first post for all three threads. Just so people can jump to it quickly.

-Blood

penance

First Post
edit made and kensai7 sounds like a plan.

I posted this huge cumulative post to tie everything in and then get you guys started:

and the forum mesed up!!!

*is extremely aggrivated*

Are you willing to edit the starting post? Here's my input:

I think Luhal would be flying above the city as an eagle until Silverdrake attacks.

Also, if the attack has been planned for at least a day (ie, if Luhal knew he'd need combat spells that morning), his spells are:

3rd level spells: 3 - Greater Magic Fang has already been cast on Luhal (so he can shift to wolf-form when he gets hurt and heal up for 6 hp, and fight even meaner) and Carper (who's waiting for a signal to join in). He still has Call Lightning memorized as a reserve bit of nastiness.

2nd level spells: 4 - He cast Barkskin and Spiderclimb on Carper 30 minutes ago. He has a Heat Metal that he casts on whichever slaver has the most metal armor on, in the hopes that it will be a fighter with a low Will save. (DC 16) He has a Bull's Strength which he'll cast in a round where he's got to move to find an enemy.

1st level spells: He has a Longstrider cast on himself (land movement now 40 anywhere for another 4 hours), 2 Entangles prepared, and a Produce Flame.

0-level spells: 6 Cure Minor Wounds(good for stablizing dying people) and 1 Create Water.

Remove ads