Leif's Homebrew 4E D&D Game, nee 'Leif's Keep on the Shadowfell' [IC #1] [FULL]

Leif

Adventurer
Fine! We'll wait. But if WD doesn't get here pretty soon, his character is going to start buying drinks for the whole party! ;)

Leif

Adventurer
OOC:
I'm sure WD's PC is just quiet right now, we can probably move ahead?
OOC: Gee, that's what I said awhile back. Aren't you the one who wanted to wait? No matter, we can move ahead.

IC: a rousing evening is had by all with copious drink, gluttonous amounts of food, good song, good [insert instrument here] playing, and good cheer. Then you are whisked off to the inn's feather beds where you sleep like babies. (Really big, ugly babies, though.)

In the morning, you break your fast, gather your gear, and begin the last leg of your trek to Winterhaven.

[We'll assume that you paid for your stay at the inn, and that what's on your character sheets now is what you had left afterwards. ;) ]

[sblock=Walking Dad]Got tired of waiting and started without you. Hope you don't hunt us all down and kill us! Feel free to jump right in anytime. Your character is tagging along, he's just being very quiet. Or something like that.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aimhirghin

OOC: Nice, Aimhirghin!
[sblock=OOC]Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night . . . oh, wait - I already have been here all night![/sblock]

Aimhirghin wakes with the sun, gathers his scant belongings, and heads down to the common room for a quick bite before the party heads out to Winterhaven.

As the party heads out, the young Bard adjusts the hang of the scimitar on his back as well as the rest of his equipment and engages the group in idle conversation to take up the time.

Walking Dad

First Post
Retro action for my bar entrance, if the DM allows:

A big bull-headed creature enters the tavern, holding a slain deer in his arms. His horns are still bloody, obviously he had killed it with them!

He walks staight to the inn-keeper falls to his knees and speaks in a deep voice:

"Hail, keeper of this house! Accept my gift of peace for staying and drinking in your home. I swear to protect it while I'm in here. Sworn in blood and glory!"

Tarrk looks at the tavern owner, waiting for a response.

ooc: Sorry for being late.

Leif

Adventurer
This will have actually happened on the previous night (We've already advanced to morning now, WD)

[sblock=Walking Dad]The great drama of your entrance more than makes up for your tardiness! Very pleased to have you join us![/sblock]

The tavern keeper is somewhat taken aback by this display. (He doesn't see this sort of thing every day!) But, he quickly recovers, "Welcome, weary friend and traveler! I thank you for your gift, and my people will put it to good use immediately." Even before he finishes speaking, several of his kitchen staff have emerged and are carrying the hart back to the kitchen for use, while several more are busily scrubbing up the blood and entrails slung about by the barbarian's dramatic entrance.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Night before:

Upon the entrance of the minotaur, and the thoughts of the venison ins his head, the shifter begins to salivate. With the fresh meat and intoxicating music of the bard, Khellek gives into his primal instincts and doesn't stop at a reasonable level of inebriation, having to be helped to his bed after slumping into a deep slumber at the table, snoring loudly.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Morning:
Khellek walks, or more aptly stumbles, down the stairs, nursing his head as he moves. Continuing to the bar, he asks the barkeep "One coffee, please. Make it strong." the shifter asks. Once he receives his beverage, Khellek looks back and sees Aimhirghin at a table. He joins his companion and speaks in whispers "Ouch, this headache is awful. I gotta learn my lesson, but once you start playing, I can't help myself.", sipping his black coffee.

After his breakfast, and with his headache somewhat subsided, Khellek will return to his room, don his gear, strap on his armour and grab his weapons before heading downstairs. He stops briefly and looks back upon the inn, nodding to the barkeep, before continuing on the journey.

Lou

Explorer
Elerosse-Eladrin Wizard

Night before:

Seeing the bull-headed creature walk in with the gift of fresh meat, Elerosse thinks to himself, This creature is a natural fit for our party. Standing at once, he says to the minotaur, "Friend, please join us for food and drink. We are a varied group as you can see." Elerosse sweeps his open hand towards their table. Smiling, or was that smirking, Elerosse returns to the table and pulls out a chair or two, looking for a sturdy one. If none feel firm enough, Elerosse will turn to his new warforged friend and suggest, "Room on the bench, perhaps?" Turning back to the minotaur, Elerosse waves him over to the group so they can get to know him.

----------------

The next morning, Elerosse rises before the sun to meditate and reflect on his spells. Packing his meager supplies, he heads downstairs for a hearty breakfast before they leave. Elerosse surveys the room, looking out for normal people who might pose a threat. With a group like this, the abnormal people are probably not a problem, he thinks to himself.

Remove ads