Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Lou

Explorer
Francheska Walova

"Time to conjure some mage armor for today.," Francheska says. She casts the old third level spell.

OOC: Francheska was first....

[sblock=Spells today]
Spells per Day
0: 4: Detect Magic; Light; Read Magic; Mending
1: 4 +1 + 1 (E): Forcewave (E); Identify; Kaupaer's Skittish Nerves (E); Magic Missile (E); Magic Missile (E); Shield
2: 4 +1 +1 + 1 (E): Aganazzar's Scorcher (fire E); Fireburst (fire E); Flaming Sphere (Evoc fire) ; Scorching Ray (fire E); Scorching Ray (fire E); See Invisibility; Whirling Blade
3: 3 + 1 + 1 (E): Greater Mage Armor; Scintillating Sphere (E); Fireball (fire E); Fireball (Fire E); Elemental Aura (E, fire, elec, etc)
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont

OOC, Lou: Indeed she was, sir!

Kerlan moves over to the creepy narrow passage to the south and says "Come on guys. Let's go" ... he pauses to mentally recite some rhyme to help him dedide ... "South. Okay? Now let's get going."

Francheska remembers to take care of her 'armor chore' first, "Time to conjure some mage armor for today." And completing her charm, she looks much more at peace.

The creepy, narrow passage to the south beckons the wizards. [OOC: I guess we're waiting for Scotley to select the spells Tylara is preparing for the day, and to then join the procession southward.]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
[/SBLOCK]
OOC: Well Manny doesn't memorize spells so that just leaves Tylara right? Hey Scotley, did you ever convert her over to Pathfinder, with shiny new 3rd level spells?

OOC: Tylara's spells now with 3rd level goodness!

[sblock=spells]
Spells Prepared Adventuring (4+1 conjuration, 4+1, 3+1, 2+1)
0th- Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost, Acid Splash* (S)
1st- Magic Missile x2, Gravity Bow, Protection from Evil, Mage Armor* (S)
2nd-Web*, Cat’s Grace, Stone Call*, Glitter Dust*(S)
3rd- Lightning Bolt, Twilight Knife, Summon Monster 3*(S)
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

The Wizards have opted to proceed to the south, down the narrow, creepy hole that appears to serve as a passageway. The passage varies from five to eight feet in width and the ceiling is barely 7 feet high. There are more stalactites and stalagmites here as well, creating an obstacle-course-like situation such that it is only possible to move at one-fourth of your usual rate. The wizards struggle through this for one hundred yards, then two hundred yards, but still there is just more of the same -- the passageway extends to the south past the limits of your light. Only now the Wizards have gone so far to the south that they can no longer see the last area they were in where they had plenty of non-claustrophobic room. Then, from up ahead the Wizards begin to hear a clacking sound. Pressing on, they soon begin to enounter old strands of webs. Thick, ropy, gummy webs. The passage 15 feet ahead is choked off with webs, and strands of the webs extend back past where you are now and behind you some 40 feet, so burning them does not seem too wise.

OOC: This would be a good time to give me a marching order. Put Capizzio at the rear, unless DeWar shows up and says otherwise.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manny dismounts, checking his spear and other equipment. "OK, my friend . . . time to earn your keep. Scout on ahead, keep it quiet, and if you see anything to which we need to be alerted let me see it."

[sblock=OOC]Relós can go in front using stealth (the further reduction in speed in pretty much meaningless at this point, and he's got Darkvision so he doesn't need the light source), and if he sees anything can share senses with Manny so that we'll know what's coming up. Manny can go in the front rank.[/sblock]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
The passage 15 feet ahead is choked off with webs, and strands of the webs extend back past where you are now and behind you some 40 feet, so burning them does not seem too wise.
OOC: SO does that mean that the webbing is impassable at that point? If so, I think we should backtrack and have Fran burn through them all. How about Relos, Manny, Fran, Kerlan, Tylara, and Cappy.

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: SO does that mean that the webbing is impassable at that point? If so, I think we should backtrack and have Fran burn through them all. How about Relos, Manny, Fran, Kerlan, Tylara, and Cappy.
OOC: No, not impassable, just going to slow you down a bit as you 'machete' your way through them.

Remove ads