Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont

Simeon leads the wizards down the sloping passage to the west, indicating that their ultimate goal is not too awfully far ahead. He thinks. Then, as he is speaking, Simeon's eyes take on a sort of crazed look, and he is tossed upward and to his left as the floor of the passageway erupts! Coming up from unknown depths below the passage, is a strange creature as big around as it is tall. Strangely symmetrical, the squat beast has three arms, three legs, three eyes, and one huge mouth in the top of its head.

[OOC: BTW, Simeon is not damaged by the "toss."]

The creature speaks, "Surprise! Wish to pass? Must pay my toll. Three good num-num stones or 250 gold coins. Pay and I let you pass."

[sblock=DM info - KEEP OUT!]Xorn, p. 284 of Pathfinder Bestiary. HP 88, AC21, T 10, FF21;

DEFENSES: DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune to: cold, fire, flanking; Resist Electricity 10; Saves: F+8, R+2, W+5

Att: bite +10 (4d6+3),3 claws +10 (1d4+3), CMB +10, CMD 20 (22 vs. trip)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Incase i am AFK when initiative is called, here is mine. I will otherwise be 30 miles away from home for most of today (Work in Booneville, Missouri). I will be thinking on some sort of non snarky response-as all i am coming up with are snarky responses.BBS.

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Kerlan's knowledge:]Kerlan recognizes the creature from both his Planar studies and his conjuration classes at Whirtlestaff's -- it is a Xorn, a beast from the Elemental Plane of Earth. Often on the Prime Material because they have been summoned, they do also sometimes venture here on their own. They can move through rock and earth as easily as fish swim in water and can also feel vibrations in the earth. They are vulnerable to spells that affect earth, like Move Earth. They like to eat gems and precious metals. Some instructors at Whirtlestaff's claim to have helped to train certain Xorns in the arcane arts.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: I see I failed to post initiative. another oops: that was supposed to be 27 iniative.!

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan keeps watch for anything else appearing while speaking to the others. "It's a Xorn from the Plane of Earth. They eat precious metals and gems."

To the creature, he says "We are a group of powerful spellcasters and a fierce warrior. What if we don't pay your "toll"?"

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont

"Me Vygwvgrthqqggshkkgklkmkkgrkkschn*, Prince of Xorns. I know you powerful, I watch you against bugbears back there. Surely such as you will not miss my very light toll. I just want a light snack to tide me over."

*Name is totally unpronounceable -- you might be able to form some of those sounds if you swallow your tongue and talk out of your navel.

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan looks at the Xorn thoughtfully for a moment. "How about in exchange for the cost you help us in finding something. If you do really good I'll give 25 Platinum pieces instead. What do you think?"

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark-Quest :The Vault of Larin Karr, Cont [Xorn negotiations]

"Mmm, not like sound this, really. Him want Vygwvgrthqqggshkkgklkmkkgrkkschn do work! Not like work, have many slaves to do work. Them how you say?? ...Icky. And no like platinum. Taste funny, like come from earth's bladder. Heh, me make funny. Now gems, them tastesses good. Nummy, nummy, nummy good! Big boss good! Them so good that Vygwvgrthqqggshkkgklkmkkgrkkschn will even do work to get. You give some emeralds or sapphires or diamonds. Even take peridots or tourmalines. Rubies always good, too. And you must pay first, then I find. You'sum not worry for finding, because I find anything you want that under earth. No pay, no find. And you no pay, Vygwvgrthqqggshkkgklkmkkgrkkschn eat you."

Last edited:

Remove ads