• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Allbright's Shadow

Gerald007

First Post
Sylvain explains to Borric about almost all arcane magic being referred to as 'wizarding,' before taking his leave from his friend at the entrance to the brothel.

"Baths and more fun for the evening, eh? I'll catch you in the morning before we go meet up with the others."

Syl takes his leave and goes to find a lady of his particular choosing. After some fun, he wakes the next morning, ready to take on a new day.

Sylvain stat block: [sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)

Initiative: [/sblock]
[sblock]+9
AC: 17 (15 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 82/82
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +10
Perception: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Hexes: Misfortune, Healing, Fortune, Flight, Slumber, Cackle, Evil Eye, Retribution--none used today.
Spells Per Day
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Stabilize
1st Level: Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Ill Omen (DC 20), Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp
2nd Level: Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Glitterdust (DC 21) (x2), Hold Person (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web
3rd Level: Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20) (x2), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
4th Level: Black Tentacles, Confusion (DC 23), Dimension Door, Wall of Ice
5th Level: Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24), Teleport
^means spell is used for the day.

[/sblock]

[/QUOTE]

jackslate45

First Post
~After the Play~
Anaerion and Malkovian leave the play, and while Anaerion had enjoyed it, it seems the story ridden Malkovian was less then impressed.

"Comon, how can that idiot hero NOT have seen that coming! I mean, sure, there is luck, but that was just carzy. And what was up with that beginning? 'It was the best of harvests, it was the worst of droughts?' That makes no sense! It's like that one story with a spear and shield that hit each other, and they both break. Seriously!"

Anaerion, smiling to himself after letting his companion rant for a little bit, says "Well, look at it from an objective view. The hero was not privy to the same information that we were. Because of that, he was unprepared for what was coming." Unlike us.

"Well, at any rate, I am ready for tomorrow! Comon, we have a few more hours till you have to sleep, right? Let's review that one book about the sententials we picked up in Venza! I am kind of curious to learn more about them now, after that horrible play."

"I think they did a fantastic job"

"Which is why you have me around, to correct you when your wrong."

At that point, Anaerion laughs for the first time in some time. Not caring about the looks he was receiving as he walked back to the inn, he returns to his room for a few more hours of research before sleeping.

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch ) HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +2 CMD:15 Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +8
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep

School Focus:
Shift: 20' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (9/9 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 13 Rounds
Fast Study: Can Memorize Open Slots in 1 minute instead of 15 minutes
Dimensional Steps: 270/270 feet per day. Must be used in 5' increments
Ring Of Counter spells: Contains Enervation

Malkovian: Happy for now.
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Gallant Inspiration: 1/1 Immediate Action, +2d4 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Borrow Skill: 3/3 Standard Action, borrowing skill ranks (Normally Knowledge Skills)
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian/ Anaerion
Cure Light Wounds: 3/3 Standard Action. 1d8+5.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 2: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 3: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic *, Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor *, Comprehend Languages, Grease, Enlarge Person, Feather Fall, Ray of Enfeeblement (2 Slots)
Level 2: Stone Call *, False Life (2 slots), Invisibility, Mirror Image,See Invisibility,Create Pit
Level 3: Aqueous Orb *, Haste, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle against Evil, Resist Energy: Communal
Level 4: Black Tentacles *, Persistent Glitterdust, Detect Scrying, Telekinetic Charge
Level 5: Teleport*, Persistent Slow, Overland Flight
Arcane Bond: Available
Pearl of Power: 2/2
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
~The Cathedral~
Aradra enjoys the quieter pace of the cathedral, rather than the loud and noisy party scene. He wonders around the cathedral, looking at the stained glass windows in interest. He had seen some many years ago, when he first entered the military of Rorn at his induction ceremony, but he never got a good chance to look at them. Given how many saints enter into the Saint Swords, an actual cathedral like this one to all the Saints would be thrice the size of this one.

Heading towards the closest bench after looking at the stained glass windows, Aradra simply sits and enjoys watching the acolytes set up for tomorrow. After a while, Aradra's eyes glaze over, and he starts to reminiscence on the recent events, and seems to lose track of time. He considers how oddly Relic has been behaving, how Kalinn had to mysteriously disappear not long after arriving at the Dunn Wright Inn, only to return half an hour later. Daylily's more aggressive nature than usual. The dragon tatooed wizard. Then, his remembers his dream. That terrifying dream, and he puts his hand around his neck and tries to rip something invisible off of it. Just when he thinks the fact they could all be related, Aradra looses track of what he was thinking about. It forces the soldier to start his train of thought from the beginning, and try and think through it again.

Not realizing how late he was staying, an acolyte has to come up and ask him to leave as the prepare for their final preparations. On his way back, Aradra's eagle eyes spot the elf sleeping on top of the roof. With a small smile, the soldier moves as quietly as he can back to his room, and crashes on the bed not long after. His last thought before sleep was how crazy he had been for considering that dream to be serious.

[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 26 (19 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 105/105
CMB: +13 CMD: 29
Fort: +9 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
Perception: +19
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing Yet
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim/Endless Ammo (from Bow); Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots; Falcon's Aim (+3 Perception & 19-20 /x3)

Used Items:

Adaptation: 110/110 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth)
Spells for Next Rest:
Level 1 Spells: Feather Step, Gravity Bow, Longstrider
Level 2 Spells: Barkskin (+3), Eagle Eye
Level 3 Spells: Greater Magic Fang
Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: AVAILABLE
Negate Crit: 1/1
Haste: 10/10
Fly (CL 5): 1/1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 101/101
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (31 vs Trip)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +16
Initiative: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+12/5 1d8 + 16 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (Activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent;
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic slept little that night. His body hardly needed sleep any more. It had taken several days to get used to that sensation but it was no longer something he was aware of. He used the time to pore through the pages of the worn dark leather bound book, whispering the words over and over in his head, memorising the contents line by line. He pushed back the frustration that welled inside him and crashed against the inside of his chest like an emotional tidal wave and forced himself to centre upon the only thing he had little control over.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

~Cutheleon~

Fury's entertainments were less carnal than some of his friends but he still enjoyed himself despite the small size of the town. He particularly enjoyed the fire-breathers and the minstrels were talented and sang pleasantly enough. He had really hoped for a good story-teller, something comical and laughter inducing, but he got too distracted by the fire-breathers and didn't find one before needing to stumble off to bed for a couple of hours sleep.

Waking fresh the next morning Fury joins the others of the Resthouse in breaking his fast. Afterwards he retreats upstairs to dress in his fancy courtier's outfit and a few pieces of jewelry selected for their understated display of wealth. He adjusts the ivory hilt of his rapier and hopes that the stuffy paladins will let him take his weapon into the ceremony.

"Wouldn't old Milo be shocked to see me now," he mutters to himself in a pane of air made reflective by his magics.

Dressed and ready to go, Fury goes back to the common room to find his friends and traveling companions for the walk to the cathedral.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 99 Current: 99
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Dawn comes. Through the night and the beginning hours of the day, more caravans arrived in Cutheleon. Today is the big day, and everyone is primping and putting on their best attire. The carnival of entertainers are doing their best to garner tips from passers-by and keep the mood cheerful and festive.

It isn't until about two pm before the first of the over anxious attendees start making their way to the dome. Waitresses and maitre'ds alike tend to say that heading out by five pm is early enough to get a good seat, unless you are vying for one of the VIP seats in the front section.

Shiny platemail, ceremonial armors, elegant gowns and regal robes adorn most attendees. Most weapons are tucked away out of sight, except when that would be nigh on impossible. In those cases, they are displayed prominently in well polished and oiled sheathes. But looking over those that would be attending, more than half seem to be wealthy merchants. Another quarter or so look to be ambassadors, emissaries or others of political power, rather than having the might of steel and wand.

[section]

Upon waking, Arianna says her prayers and prepares for the day ahead. A bit before noon, not expecting the others to come to her room, Arianna makes her way up to the dry floors of her hotel and then to find Anaerion and Elenka at their rooms. Once she dries out a bit, as distasteful as it is to her, she start her own work on accenting her charms. Her mother's pearl jewelry and three rings are the simple starters. Having the perfect garment, one that can be any many others, she keeps rotating through the possible dresses and gowns, before settling in on flowing silks of pastel colors. Donning her leather tailfin boot as well, she prepares for the travel as well. Since a lady normally doesn't walk around with a spear, she carefully ties a sheath to the pointy end and gently puts in her haversack. She breaks down the speargun as well, stowing it away out of sight. She does keep the dagger accessible, just in case there is a need.

Dabbling on a bit of perfume, and she is set.
[/section]

[sblock=ooc]Any last minute preparations or purchases? Purchases up to 2,000 gp can be had in this town, only due to the merchants that have setup temporary shops for this event. Otherwise, it would have been 1,000 gp for a town of this size.

Characters can go to the gatehouse any time now, either by walking the mile, passing by the teleport circle on the way, or they can get a carriage ride at 3 gp per person. (Yeah, rates have gone up.) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka, human summoner

~At Orden's Gardens~

Elenka enjoys the evening of merfolk music and the companionship of Arianna. She does manage to get to bed early though sleep is hard to come. Finally she falls asleep but nerves wake her well before the sun rises. Knowing the ceremony doesn't start until much later in the day Elenka manages to rest a bit more before meticulously preparing herself. When she withdraws her Venzan finery she realizes that it is at least two seasons old and she throws it on the bed in irritation at the lack of time she had for shopping. She paces a bit then takes out the fine clothes from her homeland. Deep green with bits of silver stitching and trimmed in ermine the dress makes her look like a savage princess. That's a part I can play, she thinks as she straps the heavy blade of jagged, black metal at her waist. She finishes the look with a large bulb of amber on a delicate chain around her neck.

Finally ready, Elenka makes her way downstairs to meet up with Arianna and Anaerion though she keenly feels the lack of Drevezh'korol's presence. Finding Arianna Elenka smiles and approaches the other woman.

"Good afternoon! I hope your night in the pool was a good one." Elenka looks around briefly. "I don't see Anaerion. I'll wait here with you a bit but if he isn't here soon I'll go secure us a carriage."

. . . Elenka Danyllova . . . . . . Drevezh'korol . . .

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 9
Initiative: +2 Perception: +11

AC: 18 (13 touch; 16 flat-footed)
HP: 74 Current: 74
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9

In Hand: empty
Conditions:
Spells:
  • 1st level: 6/6 remaining.
  • 2nd level: 5/5 remaining.
  • 3rd level: 4/4 remaining.
Special:
Summon Monster 5 7/7
Bond Senses 9/9 rounds remaining
Maker's Call (Transposition) 1/1 remaining
Rod of Extend: 3/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)

[section][size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +3 Perception: +10; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 21 (13 touch; 18 flat-footed) Current AC: 21
HP: 65 Current HP: 65
CMB: +16 CMD: 29 Fort: +6 Ref: +5 Will: +5 (+9 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: empty
Conditions:
Special:
Longarm bracers 3/3 remaining

[sblock=Large Evolution][section]Large Stats Not currently in effect
Evolution Surge (Large): +8 STR, +4 CON, +2 Natural Armor, -2 DEX, -1 AC &
attack rolls, +1 CMB & CMD, -2 Fly, -4 Stealth, 10 ft. reach, STR evolution
costs double

Major Modifications:
STR: 30 +10 [32 +11 w/ belt]
DEX: 15 AC: 21, 11 touch, 19 flat-footed
CON: 17 HP: 79

Modified Attacks:
Slam (x2) +19 (2d8+12)
Bite
Hooves (x2)[/section][/sblock][/section][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily wakes up refreshed and happy. He sits up, stretches, yawns, and then goes over to a nearby chimney and relieves himself down the flue with a deeply satisfied sigh. Picking up the rat skewers that he saved for breakfast, he hops off the roof by way of a parked carriage, drawing angry shouts from the driver and the honor guard, which he simply ignores.

The barbarian strolls into the common room of the inn, munching contentedly on a barbecued rat. "Good the morning, everyones!"

He takes a seat and waves Relic over when the old man arrives downstairs. "Oyeh, Elder Storyteller, I am sorry if I was being small-tempered last week. I was worry much about when the doom is come, but yesterday midnight, I realized it does not mattering. The true Jiragan is always strong to fight, so whether the doom is today or tomorrow or next moon, it is not importance. So I will not bother you more abouts what time will come the prophecy with the big death and whatevers. Anyway, is you want a rat? I saved you some. I know you have the not-eating magics, but I am think it is not good health. Everyone is know that you need fresh meat to keeping the blood strong."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 19 (19 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 117/117
CMB: +16 CMD: 29
Fort: +13 Reflex: +8 Will: +7
Attack: +17/+9 for WD+19

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 9 touch)
HP: 137/137
CMB: +18 CMD: 31
Fort: +15 Reflex: +8 Will: +9
Attack: +24/+16 for WD+24

Perception: +15
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: 16/16

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
~Seven Squire's Resthouse - Bath ~
Aradra wakes at the crack of dawn, ready and alert as though he has slept all night. Shadow himself was stirring, and was ready to go back on the road. Knowing he needs to clean himself and his companion up, Aradra decides to get the worst of it done now.

Reaching down to disable the shocking collar around Shadow's neck, Aradra motions for his companion to follow him into the bath, which he does find to be empty. After stripping down, Aradra enters the bath, enjoying the fresh water. After cleaning out the dirty spots on his body, Aradra reaches over to his bag and pulls out his mirror and knife. While most normal people uses a straight edge razor for shaving clean, Aradra's careful hands allow him to use his combat knife to clean up most of the fuzz that appeared on his face due to almost 10 days of not shaving. By the time he was done, he could hear the other residents running around, getting their last minute preparations done.

Looking over at Shadow, who for the last hour stood 10' back from the bath water. "Shadow, bath time, let's go. I have 12 hours to fight you for this bath, but once it's done you don't have to worry about it for a long time. Maybe forever." When the wolf refues to come closer, Aradra sighs and says in a monotone voice "Oh no, I'm drowning, save me boy." and dunks his head under the water, holding his breath and fake splashing his arms on the water.

That worked. Thinking his master was drowning, the wolf bounds up and into the bath, causing the water to get displaced everywhere. Smiling slightly to himself, Aradra bobs up with a smile and says "Gotcha."

The wolf, not happy with being tricked, bites his master's hand, but allows Aradra to start cleaning the wolf.

[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 26 (19 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 105/105
CMB: +13 CMD: 29
Fort: +9 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
Perception: +19
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing Yet
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim/Endless Ammo (from Bow); Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots; Falcon's Aim (+3 Perception & 19-20 /x3)

Used Items:

Adaptation: 110/110 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth)
Spells for Next Rest:
Level 1 Spells: Feather Step, Gravity Bow, Longstrider
Level 2 Spells: Barkskin (+3), Wind Wall
Level 3 Spells: Greater Magic Fang
Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: AVAILABLE
Negate Crit: 1/1
Haste: 10/10
Fly (CL 5): 1/1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 101/101
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (31 vs Trip)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +16
Initiative: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+12/5 1d8 + 16 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (De-activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent;
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
~Orden's Gardens~
"My apologies, I was wanting to finish cleaning myself up a bit."

"More like, spending an hour pouring over his book, trying to figure out what he needed to 'look nice'. I mean, you have a spell for that!"

"It was only 15 minutes, but yes, I took a little longer then necessary. All things considered, I wanted to be ready. And it was rude of me to keep you two ladies waiting, my aplogies."

"Smooooth..."

Anaerion, already bickering with Malkoivan, descends the stair case, but it appears he has not put on any sort of ceremonial clothing. While his clothes are properly cleaned and decent looking, compared to the two ladies he doesn't look all that spectacular.

"Let us get a carriage shall we?"

[sblock=Actions]
Anaeiron casts Detect Scrying after memorizing his spell list around 9 am, but is waiting for the carriage ride before casting his hour/level spells. He will cast Disguise Self before they get seated however. Have to look his best to get seated nicely, but once seated he doesn't care. :p
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch ) HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +2 CMD:15 Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +8
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Spells in Effect:
Detect Scrying: 20 hours remain
School Focus:
Shift: 20' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (9/9 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 13 Rounds
Fast Study: Can Memorize Open Slots in 1 minute instead of 15 minutes
Dimensional Steps: 270/270 feet per day. Must be used in 5' increments
Ring Of Counter spells: Contains Enervation

Malkovian: Happy for now.
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Gallant Inspiration: 1/1 Immediate Action, +2d4 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Borrow Skill: 3/3 Standard Action, borrowing skill ranks (Normally Knowledge Skills)
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian/ Anaerion
Cure Light Wounds: 3/3 Standard Action. 1d8+5.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 2: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 3: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic *, Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor *, Comprehend Languages, Grease, Disguise Self, Feather Fall, Ray of Enfeeblement (2 Slots)
Level 2: Stone Call *, False Life (2 slots), Invisibility, Mirror Image,See Invisibility,Create Pit
Level 3: Aqueous Orb *, Haste, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle against Evil, Resist Energy: Communal
Level 4: Black Tentacles *, Persistent Glitterdust, Telekinetic Charge, Detect Scrying
Level 5: Wall of Stone, Persistent Slow, Overland Flight
Arcane Bond: Available
Pearl of Power: 2/2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads