• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Allbright's Shadow

Gerald007

First Post
"Borric, old man! How's life? I've learned this new Teleportation spell. I like it better than those crazy circles we used before. I don't feel nearly as bad afterwards in my stomach with my personal spell. Less of a pain in the arse with not having to ride horses quite as much either. How has your travel been?"

Syl turned and spread his arms wide. "There are all kinds of neat sights here, but I do know the one which you will no doubt want to become acquainted. Took advantage myself last night. Quite an entertaining little establishment!"
Sylvain stat block: [sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)

Initiative: [/sblock]
[sblock]+9
AC: 17 (15 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 82/82
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +10
Perception: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Hexes: Misfortune, Healing, Fortune, Flight, Slumber, Cackle, Evil Eye, Retribution--none used today.
Spells Per Day
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Stabilize
1st Level: Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Ill Omen (DC 20), Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp
2nd Level: Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Glitterdust (DC 21) (x2), Hold Person (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web
3rd Level: Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20) (x2), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
4th Level: Black Tentacles, Confusion (DC 23), Dimension Door, Wall of Ice
5th Level: Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24), Teleport
^means spell is used for the day.

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

~Cutheleon: Seven Squire Resthouse~

Fury grins at Bren as his friend makes his departure.

"Just look for us tomorrow; we'll be the handsome ones!"

Fury turns back just in time to catch Daylily's comment on games.

"Worse than that, I'm afraid, Daylily: who has the most gold coins to flaunt. Who has the biggest stick up their backside. Things like that. Sounds like you'd be more interested in the sorts of games we hold in Planks with sharp steel and bad footing over a filth laden canal."

Hearing the voice of his friend Fury calls out to him. "Syl, old buddy! Teleporting? Don't you know how dangerous that is? I heard if something goes wrong it could rearrange all your body parts." Fury gives a mock shiver of distaste and winks at Sylvain.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 99 Current: 99
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Fury...looks like the gang's all here! Don't worry about me, friend. Wizarding 101 includes the necessities of a good tuck here and there. Keeps all your parts close at hand when teleporting! How was the trip for all of you? I didn't get to catch Bren...I suppose I'll see him tomorrow. Any nasty giants along the way?"

Sylvain stat block: [sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)

Initiative: [/sblock]
[sblock]+9
AC: 17 (15 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 82/82
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +10
Perception: +2
Hexes: Misfortune, Healing, Fortune, Flight, Slumber, Cackle, Evil Eye, Retribution--none used today.
Spells Per Day
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Stabilize
1st Level: Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Ill Omen (DC 20), Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp
2nd Level: Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Glitterdust (DC 21) (x2), Hold Person (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web
3rd Level: Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20) (x2), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
4th Level: Black Tentacles, Confusion (DC 23), Dimension Door, Wall of Ice
5th Level: Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24), Teleport
^means spell is used for the day.

[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Daylily's request jolts Relic from his reverie as they enter the city. The old man's face darkens and grows dour. "Of course, Daylilly. Here take a look..." Relic reaches around to find something in his backpack. When he turns back to his friend his eyes are glazed and distant, his face slack and devoid of expression. In his hand he holds a tin whistle. "Err ... here you go Daylilly. Was this what you were looking for?" He jams the whistle into Daylilly's hand and mumbles something about meeting the group at the inn later.

He wanders the streets until he finds a horse vendor where he bargains for some time until he gets a fair price for the old nag that Daylily had given him. He then heads for the inn where he catches the last of the conversation about games. He scowls and hands Daylily the pouch of coins with thanks. "No further need for a horse. Thank you for the loan of the roan. As for the snobbery that we will suffer tomorrow, pay it no mind. Do not let this pomp and drudgery dull your senses. Just ... just ... stay on your toes." He pays his 7 coins and hurries up stairs as though Daylilly's unanswered question was searing his skin and his closeness to the elf made the pain burn hotter.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

~ Cutheleon: Seven Squire Resthouse ~

Swash1.jpg

Borric snorts, "Wizarding? You are a witch, don't tell me started associating with crazy mages and their ilk. I have to agree with Fury, be careful with your experimenting. You would not want to suddenly appear somewhere and find yourself an eunich, not would you?"

"Though if this new transformation spell were to give you womanly parts in addition to your manhood... Heh, then you could go fook yourself, ha ha ha."
The crude warrior guffaws at his own joke.

He shakes his head as he wipes a tear from his ear from the laughing so hard.

"Naw. No giants, mate. Boring trip in that regards. We sat around drinking ale at night and just relaxing after riding all day."

"Let me get ready and you can show us this establishment. You up for it, Fury?"
He playfully slaps the other man on the back.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow(LH) & Mwk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily looks down at the whistle in his hand and sighs. Then he tucks the whistle away in his belt.

Later, at the inn, when Relic presses the yellow metal into his hands, he shoots a frustrated glare at the wizard's retreating back. "Gah! Alls I am wanting to know is how long until I am have great mighty warrior heroic death! What is the big deals about that!?" he mutters. He throws his hands in the air in irritation. "Feh. I am have too much of this. I am go hunt rat dinner now. If anyone is need me after that, I will be sleep on the roof. There is too much indoors around this place."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 19 (19 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 117/117
CMB: +16 CMD: 29
Fort: +13 Reflex: +8 Will: +7
Attack: +17/+9 for WD+19

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 9 touch)
HP: 137/137
CMB: +18 CMD: 31
Fort: +15 Reflex: +8 Will: +9
Attack: +24/+16 for WD+24

Perception: +15
Initiative: +3

Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: 16/16

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

~Cutheleon: Seven Squire Resthouse~

Fury grins but shakes his head.

"Nah. I didn't ride that demon-horse down here just to spend it inside some little room. I want to see what other sorts of entertainments are available. Mix with the crowds, you know?" He looks a bit sheepish and rubs his thigh. "Besides, I'm not used to being in the saddle so long; not much call for riding within Venza."

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 99 Current: 99
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka and Drevezh'korol, summoner and wood man

~At Orden's Gardens~

"Enjoy the play, Anaerion," says Elenka. "I think I am going to spend the evening enjoying the services of our inn: a good meal, a long soak, and the music of the merfolk. I understand that it is not to be missed. Then to bed early. With the ceremony tomorrow I'll want to be up early to have plenty of time to get ready. Beauty takes a lot of work."

She laughs lightly, mocking herself, but turns a serious expression to Drevezh'korol.

"There are some things I have to give you tonight that I need you to carry for me. Then I can unfetter you if you wish to explore a bit on your own."

"No, thank you," says Drevezh'korol. "Give me the items and I will go to await your call. How about you, Arianna? What are you planning for the evening?"

. . . Elenka Danyllova . . . . . . Drevezh'korol . . .

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 9
Initiative: +2 Perception: +11

AC: 18 (13 touch; 16 flat-footed)
HP: 74 Current: 74
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9

In Hand: empty
Conditions:
Spells:
  • 1st level: 6/6 remaining.
  • 2nd level: 5/5 remaining.
  • 3rd level: 4/4 remaining.
Special:
Summon Monster 5 7/7
Bond Senses 9/9 rounds remaining
Maker's Call (Transposition) 1/1 remaining
Rod of Extend: 3/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)

[section][size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +3 Perception: +10; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 21 (13 touch; 18 flat-footed) Current AC: 21
HP: 65 Current HP: 65
CMB: +16 CMD: 29 Fort: +6 Ref: +5 Will: +5 (+9 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: empty
Conditions:
Special:
Longarm bracers 3/3 remaining

[sblock=Large Evolution][section]Large Stats Not currently in effect
Evolution Surge (Large): +8 STR, +4 CON, +2 Natural Armor, -2 DEX, -1 AC &
attack rolls, +1 CMB & CMD, -2 Fly, -4 Stealth, 10 ft. reach, STR evolution
costs double

Major Modifications:
STR: 30 +10 [32 +11 w/ belt]
DEX: 15 AC: 21, 11 touch, 19 flat-footed
CON: 17 HP: 79

Modified Attacks:
Slam (x2) +19 (2d8+12)
Bite
Hooves (x2)[/section][/sblock][/section][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Bren searches this new town for an embassy of his home land. But, each time he stops to ask about where it would be located, he gets quizzical looks and confused glances. Finally someone points him in the direction of the information booth. "They should know there. Dat's their job."

Making his way to the information booth at the far end of town, it is a round makeshift building. Obviously created temporarily for the event, it is a circular structure that is partitioned like a pieces of pie. Banners hang above each section which house a person sitting at a desk. Taking a once around the structure, Rorn, Irthos, The Pell, Rhat'matanis, Illi Esse, Seithr, Heth and even Jirago are represented. A native of each of the lands awaits to help advise or translate for those travelers who have come but are not versed in the ways of the local culture.

Finding his man, "Embassy? Nah, nothing so pretentious as all that. This town isn't big enough to support a presence all the time. I'm just here to smooth out feathers and do a bit of translation if needed. I got a list around here somewhere. I can put your name on it that you attended. It will eventually get back home, but not as if anyone is going to care about it. If you didn't stand out while you were here on your own merit, you wouldn't be much to talk about after the fact."

[/section][section]Once Sylvain comes down from his room, Borric gets the details that he most desires, where the whorehouse is located. It is a refined establishment off of the main thorough-fare, that has no outwardly appearance of the activities that happen inside. Once inside, expensive and fancy is the entertainment, but fine quality it is. Starting with a bath, Borric and Sylvain both are thoroughly scrubbed with tender loving care.
[/section]
[section]Anaerion and Malkovian
The maitre'd shuffles around in the drawer and finds a brown runestone for Anaerion. Double checking, it is indeed the room next to Elenka's. After checking out the rooms and cleaning up a bit, Anaerion does make it to the play. A Tale of Three Borders, a mixture of romance, political intrigue, and assassination plotting are woven between three baronies to the north. As the play rolls on, the viewers get to see all the preparations that are build and build until they are foiled in the end by sheer dumb luck of the naive hero of the story.
[/section][section]Shadow quickly falls asleep and Aradra makes his way out of town towards the dome. Even though the sun has fallen below the horizon, there is enough of a shimmer to the dome that it is not difficult to find. At the gatehouse, "The ceremony is tomorrow at sunset. But, if you desire to see the grandeur of the cathedral, you may do so, in peace. The keep on the hill is off limits. If you are born of this world, you may enter. The Cathedral of Mendikarr awaits."

Walking through the shield of energy has a bit of a tingling sensation to it, but does not harm Aradra. Another two hundred yards along the stone road, he comes to the doors, which stand open. Dimly lit by candles, this grand cathedral looks to be able to seat six to eight hundred people or so. Vaulted ceilings, stained glass windows, marble alter, statues of the sainted Mendikarr, all the expected trappings of a cathedral are here. A few acolytes are moving around, cleaning and making final preparations. While the pews in the back and a bit along the sides are made of stone, the more central ones are wood. And up near the front, it seems that acolytes are tending to securing cushions for the VIPs that get the luxurious spots. The main chapel area probably takes up eighty percent of the building. A stone wall behind the dias sports a couple doors, but they seem to be closed and off limits themselves.
[/section]

[section]
Daylily is having a difficult time with these city folk. Only a few look like they could fight and those are ones that wear metal shells. Remembering, Iosef thought he was strong and proud. But a cough took him by the throat and he could not even carry his own shell. Daylily helped find the majiks to make Iosef strong again, but could not fix his pride. Pride wanders everywhere here.

Finding his way to the roof, the night is strong. The night is always there if you wait for it. The night never fails. The pride in the streets below sounds like cackling chickens running around. Up here, the strong know what he strong know.
[/section][section]"Me, I think a good swim to stretch out and then listening to the sisters as they sing. It will be good to get wet again. You just don't know how tiring it is to be dry."

Arianna and Elenka both spend a quiet night indoors, listening to the trio of mermaid singers and enjoying being pampered with the finer things city life brings.
[/section]
[section]
Relic seems content to hole up in his room and study some more. Wandering streets is a young man's game, and Relic has not been one of those for a while. Orlando on the other hand is, and finds several pockets of entertainers around town performing their shows for tips. A play, a concert, a fire breathing act, a few singing minstrels, all can be found this evening.​
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

~ Cutheleon: Whorehouse ~

Swash1.jpg

Before parting company, Borric scoffs at Fury, "Mate, you can do both! And start with the bath, it will help more than magicking the flowery smells. At least that sounds like a better plan to me. Take a bath, go the festival, and finish with a whore to make for a complete evening."

With Sylvain, the warrior is making the most of the establishment. He shows off his scars and his manhood, slightly above average size in reality (yet the whores always tell him it is the biggest they have ever seen).

With all the ale they drank on the journey there, Borric is sparing in his wine consumption. With the sexual activities being draining enough, he is not wanting to sore and hungover in the morning.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch) - 13 only, buck-naked
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: A whore?
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Remove ads