[LPF] Fury Steps In

Qik

First Post
In between their inspection of the building and Fury's display of a lawfully-suspect degree of locksmithing prowess, the Commander and Fury make their way back to the alley where the two other White Cloak soldiers are waiting. It is there that the four confer, with Fury relaying his confirmation that the building is occupied. Parsons nods.

"Right. We're liable to encounter resistance the moment we enter, so let's be ready." Although Parsons is addressing everyone, Fury feels the man's gaze linger on himself. "Mr. Furioso, you be sure and stay close by me, you understand? The last thing I need is for you to wander off in there and get yourself killed. The Coordinator would skin my alive if he even knew you were here, let alone if you were to get skewered on my watch. Right, I'll let Handso know we're preparing to go in."

The Commander pulls the wand from his belt and taps it to his throat, muttering. The tip glows for a moment, and then fades. "Handso - we're ready to head in." After a few moments, the quartet overhears Handso's affirmative reply. Parsons nods, slips the wand back into his belt, and then draws his sword. "Right - let's go."

The four make their way back over to the warehouse, where Fury works his own special brand of mundane magic. Once the lock has been dealt with, the Commander gives Fury a chance to ready himself, and then, ignoring Orlando's grin, he lifts the latch, pushes open the door, and leads the way inside, his sword at the ready.

The inside of the warehouse is littered with crates; the five Krakens busy handling them are taken completely by surprise. Commander Parsons takes a step into the warehouse and says, in a commander-ly tone, "Krakens - put your hands up! This is a White Cloaks brigade!"

[sblock=OOC]Sorry my setting of the scene kind of fizzled out at the end; the fiance came home, we watched an episode of Battlestar Galactica, and now it's about bedtime. :p

Your side has both surprise and initiative, so you can take a move or standard (for the surprise), and then a full round's actions. If you want, I can resolve the others' actions at any point within that.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
warehouse.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury steps into the warehouse just behind Commander Parsons and then, promise to the Commander conveniently forgotten, immediately moves off to the right along the wall until he can engage the Kraken working alone on that side. As he moves he draws his sap in his left hand.

Once within reach he'll pause to give the White Cloaks the chance to enter the warehouse and to see what they do. Normally he'd come in swords flashing but he isn't sure of White Cloak protocol and he doesn't want to antagonize the Commander further by being the one to initiate hostilities.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Surprise:
Move in 5 ft., move right 15 ft.; draw sap.

I'd like to have the guards' actions for the surprise round and the 1st round before Fury's, please.[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +8

AC: 20 (15 touch; 15 flat-footed)
HP: 40 Current: 34
CMB: +5 CMD: 20 Fort: +2 Ref: +11 Will: +4

In Hand: sap

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
As the two White Cloak soldiers hustle in behind Fury, the younger Krakens look between from surprise force to the pair against the far wall, clearly uncertain. The hooded one seems to recover quickly. "Don't just stand there, you twits - get them!"

"I don't have time to reason with you..." grumbles Parsons. Moving forward, he feints with his sword and then sweeps out his leg, sending the hooded figure sprawling onto the warehouse floor. The other White Cloaks follow suit, circling in tandem around the nearest crate and tripping up the pair of younger Krakens. Fury suddenly feels as though his tax dollars have not been spent in vain.

[sblock=OOC]Oops! Looks like I had forgotten to include the grid coordinates on that last map.

Parsons and the two White Cloaks each succeed (!) in their respective trip attempts. Fury up.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
warehouse1.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury catches the action of the White Cloaks from the corner of his eye and is quite impressed. Parson's men show an entirely different level of competence than the run of the mill Planks guardsman. Speaking of Planks guardsmen...

"Get off your fat arse, Handso, and make yourself useful," he mutters.

Turning his attention fully to the threat ahead of him Fury smiles his predator's smile perfected during his darker past while hunting men just like this one. He reaches out and strikes the man with a glancing blow to the temple while drawing his rapier with his main hand.

"A working Kraken? Ah, yes, you're still dogmeat. Bet you can't wait to move to the echelons of the lazy, blood-sucking leeches."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]
Standard: attack w/ sap
Move: Draw rapier
1d20+8=14, 1d6+1=7, 2d6=10; Hit AC 14 for 7 dmg + 10 SA dmg.
I hope AC 14 is a hit...:uhoh:

[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2

HP: 40 Current: 34

In Hand: rapier, sap (off-hand)

Qik

First Post
As if cued by Fury's muttering, the sound of splintering wood, followed by a hearty Commander Handso "CHARGE!!!", rings in from the northern part of the warehouse, followed by yells, presumably those of the Krakens, and the sounds of battle.

All of this filters into Fury's awareness as he squares up and engages with the nearest Kraken. Having not yet recovered from his surprise at Fury's and the others' appearance, the young man is defenseless against Fury's attack: the sap connects solidly with his temple, and the Kraken slumps to the ground, out cold.

"Why don't ya pick on someone your own size?" Fury looks up just in time to see the grizzly face of his attacker before being caught solidly in the stomach with the man's over-sized flail; he struggles to keep his feet as the air whooshes out of his lungs.

The other three Krakens scramble up to their feet. Commander Parsons and the two White Cloaks initially try to strike the men with their sword hilts, but when the Krakens draw their blades, more lethal means seem to be the order of the day. Commander Parsons steps forward and swings at the shaven man in front of him, catching him in the shoulder. The other two White Cloaks close in on the pair to the west, both swinging and missing. It seems the fight is on.

[sblock=OOC]Thanks to the wonders of being flat-footed, Fury knocked that sucker out. ;)

The bearded Kraken charges Fury, lands a strike for 10 damage. The other three Krakens rise, 5' step, and draw their weapons. Only one of the White Cloaks landed their AoO, dealing 4 nonlethal damage to Young Kraken 1, then Commander Parsons lands a hit for 10 damage on the Shaved Kraken.

White Cloaks have already acted this round; you're up.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
warehouse2.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury barely has time to register Handso's charge into the warehouse from the other entrance or celebrate his own successful attack against the young Kraken before he is himself attacked. He gasps and stumbles from the hard blow dealt by the bearded Kraken's flail. Fury is still trying to gather his breath when he makes his counter attack: he flicks his blade across his opponent's weapon trying to draw him out of position with the feint then twists his wrist to slip past the man's defenses with a lunge.

While he does manage to confuse the Kraken briefly Fury's attack is less than he hoped when his ribs twinge in pain causing him to flinch back without getting full extension of the arm and, therefore, not striking successfully.

"Ya hear that, squid for brains? The White Cloaks is shutting you down."

Realizing their scattered attacks are likely to be less effective than a concentrated attack Fury begins backing towards Parsons and the other two guardsmen.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]
Move: Bluff to Feint: 1d20+9=20
Standard: attack w/ rapier: 1d20+9=12, 1d6+3=5, 2d6=6
Hit AC 12 for 5 dmg + 6 SA dmg.
Free: 5' step to C12

HP: 40 Current: 24

Qik

First Post
"My but don't you have a sharp tongue? What're you doin' hanging out with these White Cloaks?"

Recovering from Fury's maneuver, the bearded Kraken re-sets his feet and brings his flail around for another swing. Even though he sees it coming a mile away, Fury's injury slows down his reaction time to the point where he can't get completely out of the way of the weapon. The flail catches his back, and while the mithril chain of his armor protects him from its spikes, the impact itself is enough to cause some serious damage. "Keep movin' like that, and ye won't have any brains soon!"

Commander Parsons senses Fury moving closer. Dodging the flickering blade of his opponent, he parries, once again catch the man, this time opening a deep wound in the thigh. Stepping backwards so he's back-to-back with Fury, the Commander mutters exasperatedly, "I told you to stay close." Giving an "adventures will never learn" shake of his head, Parsons calls out, "A little help here!"

One of the White Cloaks gives a smart "Coming, sir!" as he swings his sword, felling his youthful opponent in a single blow. The man then moves to join the Commander and Fury. His companion attempts to do the same, but the Kraken deflects his sword, before taking an ineffectual swing of his own.

Through the door to the north, the sound of conflict rages; it would seem that there are more Krakens in there than here. Fury cannot tell who is winning.

[sblock=OOC]Whew! Fury's going toe-to-toe with the heavy-hitter of the group. He lands another attack, Fury takes 11 damage. At the very least, this makes up for the let-down that was the last combat...:p

Parsons lands an attack for 8 damage, and one of the White Cloaks lands a hit that puts Young Kraken 2 out of commission. All of the Krakens except for Fury's miss in their attacks.

You're up. Help is coming![/sblock][sblock=Map]
warehouse3.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury hears Commander Parson's admonition and mutters a response.

"I was only a few feet away! How much trouble could I get into?"

Deep down he knows the answer and it is a sobering one. Another blow like that one, maybe two, and he'd be down with his blood spreading across the floor. He wipes the back of his hand across his mouth and tastes blood, enough to set his senses blazing with the jangle of adrenaline that drives him to foolhardy action.

Fury dives past the bearded Kraken rolling to his feet and setting himself into position where the good Commander can take advantage. "C'mon, Parsons!" Waiting for just the right moment, that moment when Commander Parsons steps up to deal with the Kraken giving him so much trouble, Fury hesitates, then attacks.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Hmmm, lots of conditional results this round. Here's hoping Fury's luck is good and things fall the way I'd like. And last combat may have been a let-down for you but I was worried after the half-orc had a good first round.

Move: Tumble to D14 vs. CMD 19; 1d20+17=19
Standard: Ready action to attack when Parsons steps into position (B12)
Ready: flanking attack: 1d20+11=30, 1d6+3=4, 2d6=8
Critical confirmation & extra damage: 1d20+11=18, 1d6+3=9
Possible critical vs. AC 30 (AC 18 to confirm) for 4 dmg + 8 SA dmg + 9 crit dmg if confirmed.

HP: 40 Current: 13

Qik

First Post
Fury manages to just out-maneuver the flail-wielding Kraken as he moves into position. Ducking as he half-leaps, half-rolls, he feels the *woosh* of the man's flail as it passes overhead, colliding with the crate next to them. Bricks of what appear to be pesh sap spill out all over the warehouse floor.

"Don't start with me..." mutters Parsons as he steps into flanking position with Fury. He flicks out at the flail-wielding Kraken and misses, but his presence serves as enough of a distraction to allow Fury to work his magic. Fury's blade flicks up along the man's side, opening a deep wound. As Fury grins in satisfaction, one of the White Cloaks moves in and deals the reeling man a powerful two-handed blow. Although he connects solidly, the Kraken somehow manages to stay on his feet. "That yer best..." he grunts feebly, unable to finish his taunt from the pain.

The shaven Kraken backs off as Parsons retreats, regrouping himself. The remaining Kraken and White Cloak continue to square off: the Kraken moves to block the soldier from joining the others and opens a minor wound on the White Cloaks' face. The soldier retaliates with a swing of his own, dropping the Kraken to the ground in a pool of blood.

[sblock=OOC]Fury connects and deals crit damage (AC is 18, btw; sorry I'm bad at giving the stats). Parsons misses, but White Cloak connects; the Kraken is on his last legs at this point.

Shaved Kraken retreats; Young Kraken 1 is down. Fury up.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
warehouse4.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury concentrates on bringing the thug down. He did his bit for peace and good will by using non-lethal means until the fight escalated to a more lethal level. Now, with his blood up the sap remains un-thought of in his hand and he continues the attack with his rapier. No acrobatic dives, no fancy feints, just a solid thrust into the Kraken's body.

Pulling the blade free with a splatter of blood Fury holds himself ready in case the tough fellow is still standing. "My apologies, Commander. I'm accustomed to a bit more freedom of action."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Move: --
Standard: rapier attack: 1d20+9=20, 1d6+3=5, 2d6=6
Hit vs. AC 20 for 5 dmg + 6 SA dmg (11 total dmg)

HP: 40 Current: 13

Remove ads