[LPF] The Cave of (Un)Death

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Undead Lord)

Aedger quickly blurts out, "Zombies! Cut them up!" Blue raises his scimitar and runs toward the fist one he sees, swinging his sword in silence, and raking his claw across the zombie's face. The irony of seeing this undead fighting yet another undead is not lost on Aedger as he raises his holy symbol into the air, points at the zombies with his other hand, and cries out, "You! You will serve and follow me. Your unlife shall have purpose. Now drop your weapons and lay down. Do not attack anyone." Dark beams fire from the holy symbol, and into the heads of the zombies.

[sblock=ooc]Aargh. I'll get the hang of this infernal dice roller soon. Anyway, both of Blue's rolls were well above what was needed. Aedger's was equal, but his Init bonus is higher, which IIRC means he goes first. If not, let me know and I'll change my actions.

If knowledge religion reveals they are undead, then Aedger tells blue to move to East of A, and attack. On his turn, Aedger moves to NW of Vax, and uses a channel to make Command Undead happen. He targets the first 2 HD of undead, starting with C and then B, then A if somebody jumps in initiative before me. They need to make a DC 14 will to negate being mine forever. Tells lizard zombies to drop weapons, and drop to the floor, take no actions.

If not undead, Aedger cries out, "Wait!" in both Common and Draconic, and moves to south of C, and signals for Blue to be SW of C. "Parley! I don't want to fight you. We don't need to do this!" and readies and action to channel negative energy if he or blue is attacked, exempting himself, Dickens, Hode, and Vax. Damaris has total cover and is not affected. Blue waits to attack until Aedger gives him the signal as part of the channel process.

EDIT: Rolls naturally do not include inspire courage.[/sblock]
[SBLOCK='MiniStats']
[sblock=Aedger]Aedger Beinn, Aasimar Cleric (Undead Lord) 1
Init:
+2 AC: 15, t:12, ff:13
HP: 08 Perception: +9
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Speed: 30ft.
Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +5
Resist 5: Cold, Acid, Electric
Senses: Darkvision 60ft

Current Effects: None

In Hand: Light Crossbow (L), Holy Symbol(R)

Special Powers
Channel Negative Energy 1d6, 6/day, Will DC 14 Used: 0
Death's Kiss: 1 round duration, 6/day Used: 0
Command Undead

[Sblock='Spells Prepared:']Orisons:
Light
Guidance
Mending
Level 1: (DC 14)
Cause Fear (domain)
Bless
Cure Light Wounds
Spell Like Abilities
Daylight (1/day)
[/Sblock]

Attacks:
Crossbow, Light: +2 Attack, 1d8+0, 19/x2, 80' Bolts: 30
Morningstar: +0 Attack, 1d8+0, 20/x2

[sblock='expanded']Skills
Acrobatics 01
Appraise 01
Bluff 03
Climb -01
Craft 01
Diplomacy 10
Disguise 03
Escape Artist 01
Fly 01
Heal 03
Intimidate 03
Knowledge (Religion) 05
Perception 09
Perform 03
Ride 01
Sense Motive 07
Stealth 01
Survival 03
Swim -01
Carrying:
Holstered:
Crossbow, Light & Bolts
Morningstar
[Sblock='Pockets']Earplugs (4x)
Chalk (3x)
Ink (1 oz. vial)
Inkpen (2x)
Paper, rice (5 sheets)
[/Sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Blue]Blue, Skeletal Companion (Medium Undead)
Init:
+2 AC: 17, t:12, ff:15
HP: 11 Perception: +0
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Speed: 30ft.
Fort: +0 Ref: +2 Will: +2
Immune: Cold Undead Traits
DR: 5/bludgeoning
Senses: Darkvision 60ft

Current Effects: None

In Hand: Javelin (L), Scimitar (R)

Attacks:
Scimitar +2 (1d6+2,18-20/x2), claw –3 (1d4+1)
or 2 claws +2 (1d4+2)
or Dagger +2 (1d4+2), Range 10'
or Javelin +2 (1d6+2/×2), Range 30' Remaining: 3

[sblock='expanded']
Carrying:
Holstered:
Scimitar​
Dagger​
Javelins​
Backpack
Rope, Hemp (50ft)(x2)​
Plank, Collapsable​
Wandermeal (4 servings)​
Chalk (6x)​
[/Sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=pictures]
180px-Aedger_Beinn.jpg
180px-1342541056597_c6a62.png
[/sblock]

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris moves behind the rest and starts singing to inspire courage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blICu7KsmyA

Oh wind, I will stand and face you!
I will go and head for the brilliance.
Embracing prayer to my heart,
against the terrible darkness

[sblock=OOC] Uhm... how can I link my own text to the youtube video? I tried to put the link on "starts singing" but it shows me a big empty space where the text should be. I also have disabled youtube at work so I might not be seeing the youtube window... uhm...

Also, this is the first time I play a bard. Do I need to post the performance check every time or is it automatic? [/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Damaris.jpg
Damaris - Bard lvl 1
HP 8/8
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+2 | CMD 15
Saves: F+0 | R+5 | W+1

INIT +3
Perception +3 | Sense Motive -1

Shortbow +3 1d6
Longsword +2 1d8+3 (Two-handed)

Bard Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound.
Bard Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep.
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.

Consumables: Oil, Perfume, Firewerk Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (20), Alchemist Fire.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

As Vax sees the lizard men standing there he lets out a roar of fury "I will crush you!" and charges forward with no thought for personal safety.
[sblock=ooc]
Vax is going to Charge (+2 Attack, -2 AC for the round) at B and Power Attack (-1 Attack, +3 Damage) with 'Crusher'.
He also enters Rage!
[/sblock]
[sblock= Vax]
Vax

[sblock=Raging]
AC: 14 (Flat-footed: 12, Touch: 10)
HP: 15/15
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30'

Perception: +4
Initiative: +2

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+7, 2d6+9/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+6/x2)
Special Attack Options: Power Attack: -1 Attack, +3 Damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Not Raging]
AC: 16 (Flat-footed: 14, Touch: 12)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +2

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+5, 2d6+6/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+4/x2)
[/sblock]
Current Conditions in Effect: Charge: +2 Attack, -2 AC; Inspire Courage: +1 Attack and Damage, +1 Saves vs Fear and Charm Effects
Consumables Available: 1 Flask of Alchemists Fire, 1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds, 6 Days of Trail Rations
Carried in Hands: 'Crusher'

Vax (Chronikoce) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
[/sblock]

[sblock=missed from rolls]Edit: I forgot Inspire courage. Attack and Damage Rolls should both get a +1[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Notes/Comments/Rolling]
Going to use this to roll some saves vs DC 13 (please make sure to add in DC of abilities/spells for me makes life sweeter) to see if the kobolds are effected - as well as attacks.

Notes/Comments:

Hode - Be glad for the inspire courage or you would have missed by one :cool: Also no lane opened as Vax went before Hode and Mister D.

Aedger - know religion = they are zomibies...rolling saves here in a sec

Blue - scimitar/claw is only when you can take the full attack option - normally after you have entered melee the round before - for rd 1 Blue can move(move action) and make the scimitar attack(standard action) but not full attack

Damaris - need to list your bardic performance rounds in your mini stats - in this case she would be 5/6 per day - and the same for your spells - Lvl 1: 2/2 per day And no perform checks needed unless you wish to roll as a guideline for any fluff you wish to write. The linked worked I'm not sure but you wanted to [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PwmW5YQBVQ"]post it like this?[/ame] then you use the... that didn't work

Vax - you draw an AoO from zombie C as you move to get to B, and a charge is not possible as Mister D is in the way at the start of your turn - note you can always delay next time - but the +2 from the charge wouldn't help as the roll is still a miss - sorry. Great dmg (one from max) going to use it in my fluff post

Rolling next...[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I will crush you!" is all Damaris hears as she looks up to see Vax disappear into the next room. She hurries over starting a song she knows will bolster their spirits. The barbarian rushes heedless into the room getting caught by a spear that he barrels into himself.

Aedger sends Blue off to kill the small undead creatures just in case his ability to command them fails. The skeleton swipes at the nearest pile of pale flesh and nearly cuts the creature in half. The zombies half hearted return poke barely grazes off the bones of Blue.

Then the priest raises his holy symbol while Mister Dickens and Cavernous Hode move around the corner. "You! You will serve and follow me. Your unlife shall have purpose. Now drop your weapons and lay down. Do not attack anyone." He commands as dark beams burst throughout the room and Hode buries the end of his pick into another zombies chest. But without a pumping living heart the damage is minimal. Pulling the pick out of the creature he uses it to bat away the zombies attempt to stab him back.

Meanwhile, Aedger is lucky and his ability works, but as the zombies obey Vax is in mid swing and can't change the direction. Crusher whirls over the creatures head and slams into the corner of the oddly glowing green wall. Black stone flies as the force of the blow demolishes a chunk out of the wall the size of a large anvil.

[sblock=Combat]
INIT Order
Blue
Damaris
Vax
Cavernous Hode
Mister Dickens
Aedger
monsters

Stats*
Blue
Damaris
Vax - dmg taken 3pts.
Cavernous Hode
Mister Dickens
Aedger
KZ-A 04/12HP
KZ-B 12/12HP - prone
KZ-C 12/12HP - prone
KZ-D 09/12HP

* whole group is under inspired courage effect[/sblock]

OOC: Round 2 group is up.

Attachments

• cave 3.jpg
    cave 3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 119

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris cringes as the hammer shatters the stone. "My goodness Vax. That poor wall!" she gasps amazed. "Did it work? Did you get them?" she asks

If the zombies are under Aedger's control she will stop the performance and check the glowing wall casting detect magic.

[Sblock=OOC] I have a list of songs and the given spell they'll represent when Damaris casts. lol. it seem that the only way for the text to appear is to be inside quotes. kk I guess I can do that. [/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Damaris.jpg
Damaris - Bard lvl 1
HP 8/8
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+2 | CMD 15
Saves: F+0 | R+5 | W+1

INIT +3
Perception +3 | Sense Motive -1

Shortbow +3 1d6
Longsword +2 1d8+3 (Two-handed)

Bardic Performance: 5/6 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound.
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep 1/day.
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.

Consumables: Oil, Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (20), Alchemist Fire.[/sblock]

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax's powerful swing was a little over enthusiastic but having destroyed a wall rather than a zombie does not seem to phase him at all. He lets out another yell as he brings his massive hammer around for another go at the zombie before him!
[sblock=actions]
Vax will power Attack the same zombie as before.
Lol, maybe I'll hit a zombie in a future battle. Vax seems to be a bit overexcited and can't land a blow I guess.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Vax]
Vax

[sblock=Raging]
AC: 14 (Flat-footed: 12, Touch: 10)
HP: 12/15
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +4

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+7, 2d6+9/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+6/x2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Not Raging]
AC: 16 (Flat-footed: 14, Touch: 12)
HP: 10/13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +2

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+5, 2d6+6/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+4/x2)
[/sblock]
Rounds of Rage: 4/6
Current Conditions in Effect: Inspire Courage: +1 Attack and Damage, +1 Saves vs Fear and Charm Effects
Consumables Available: 1 Flask of Alchemists Fire, 1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds, 6 Days of Trail Rations
Carried in Hands: 'Crusher'

Vax (Chronikoce) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
"Uh, Cavernous Hode is not sure whether combat with the vicious undead beasty things has been pre-empted or not..."

Remove ads