• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magical Arrows

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
There is an arrow of cure in Defenders of the Faith. It deals no damage, only cures.

It's 3.0, but it's the only source I know of that relates.

Krelios

First Post
Doom3524 said:
Yes, it is definitley odd :) But, when you dont have a cleric in the party, and no way to heal other than potions, you come up with interesting ideas. I figured, I was a deepwood sniper of a high level, so I could hit about anything, any time. Why not get an arrow and waste the round's shot to heal a front line fighter almost completely when they are down to 15 hp from over 100? Then there was the added benefit of hitting the undead enemies for major damage.
Just wanted to point out that you actually have to be able to cast Heal to make an item with it. That means a fairly high level cleric is already in your group? Not to mention the Craft Magic Arms & Armor feat.

Doom3524

First Post
Jabber: Sorry, that is 2 different statements. 1) Price is the Major issue 2) I could carry 2 quivers to be able to attack as well as heal.

Krelios: You also have shops you can go into to purchase things. My DM is pretty good with that, and is flexible to whatever we come up with within reason. I mean, I couldn't get a weapon of finger of death, or wail of the banshee.

Krelios

First Post
Ack. Okay, I hate magic shops, but setting that aside; how can you design an item and then buy it in a store? Are you talking about commissioning these and waiting for them to be crafted?

Doom3524

First Post
In game, I didnt design it, I just happen to ask the shopkeep if he has one, or if he can get one. Depending on my DM's mood (and a lot of thinking about it), he says he has it, can get it, can make it, or they arent available.

Remove ads