• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Manual of the Planes for 5e on DMSGuild

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning. It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com I love the special thanks. This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new...

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning.

Manual of the Planes. An invaluable, definitive work on the most fascinating aspect of the World's Greatest Roleplaying Game

It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 9.37.13 PM.png

I love the special thanks.

This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new horizons for the latest generation of planewalkers, bashers, berks, and touts. We’d also like to thank the giants on whose shoulders we stand when writing this book: Justice Ramin Arman, Richard Baker, Wolfgang Baur, David “Zeb” Cook, Bruce R. Cordell, Jeff Grubb, David Noonan, F. Wesley Schneider, Rick Swan, and all others who helped create and cultivate Planescape and the planes.

I've just bought it and am reading it now.

Here is the table of contents.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 10.18.51 PM.png

darjr

I crit!
So I went to look at Amazon US and there, right now, Van Richtens is doing pretty good. I honestly didn't think I'd see that. And given that Sword Coast does better than it's reputation might lead one to think maybe there is more room for these books from WotC.

Manual of the Planes is the best selling DMSGuild title currently and I'm glad to have it, and actually giving it a good read I'm glad this group got a chance to write it.

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
The content warning is so ridiculous. There is such a thing as going so far left, you end up going right. Someone playing D&D and getting triggered by Feywild memory loss...exactly how many people could possibly be affected by that?

Saw it was $5 off for Halloween season, so I bought it, even though I shouldn't for fininancal reasons, ah screw it, who knows if any of us will survive to see 2024 anyways. Might as well have fun now.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
So I went to look at Amazon US and there, right now, Van Richtens is doing pretty good. I honestly didn't think I'd see that. And given that Sword Coast does better than it's reputation might lead one to think maybe there is more room for these books from WotC.

Manual of the Planes is the best selling DMSGuild title currently and I'm glad to have it, and actually giving it a good read I'm glad this group got a chance to write it.
Sword coast is one of the few books with a lot of player options. I personally feel they should roll out similar books every other year.

Vincent55

Adventurer
Comparing one new product to 19 older products, not really.
yes, because they will never be as great as the older ones, which without the mechanics of the version is far better than anything they have put out of late. I can always just add in the mechanic parts i use from 5e, or just run the older versions which to be honest i prefer.

Incenjucar

Legend
That does seem like an unusual way to describe a $35 PDF.
Of which they get half before taxes, split between 7? people. I wish them well and to have truly remarkable success but nobody is getting a penthouse suite out of this unless it leads to a big demand for their next project or sales for DMSGuild stuff goes well beyond platinum. A couple thousand bucks in the pocket is still super nice though!

Hussar

Legend
Yes, but my point in that post is that the vast majority of players are casual and don't go look at forums and 3rd party sites. WotC is their only outlet for such things. This is per what WotC has told us in the past.

But if they are casual then do they really want/care about expanded lore?

Remove ads

Remove ads