• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion | New Official Trailer | Disney+

The MCU does a paranoid conspiracy thriller. It's the MCU's Andor, an attempt to do something tonally different and more grown-up with the setting. It's not the best example of the genre, and not the best MCU TV show, but it's considerably better than Moon Knight and She Hulk.

Yes, it is like the MCU version of Andor, except since this is only 6 episodes, it will be minus all the boring filler episodes that Andor had.

Clint_L

Legend
Based on the first episode, Marvel only wishes this was the MCU version of Andor, i.e. an all-time classic.

Sam Jackson seemed like he was phoning it in, and it is hard to take him seriously as an action hero at this point. I mean, they specifically reference that, but it didn't make it less true. Olivia Colman was there doing Olivia Colman things; she's great, and if the whole episode was about her it would probably be a lot better. Actually, Talos is good too, and adds a bit of pathos that the story needs. Emilia Clark was fine, I guess, and I don't want to talk about Cobie Smulders.

Maybe it'll get a lot better but the first episode put it firmly into "meh" territory; not sure if I'll watch the second.

pukunui

Legend
The MCU does a paranoid conspiracy thriller. It's the MCU's Andor, an attempt to do something tonally different and more grown-up with the setting. It's not the best example of the genre, and not the best MCU TV show, but it's considerably better than Moon Knight and She Hulk.
Hey! What have you got against Moon Knight?! It was fantastic! Some of the best MCU stuff ever.

Was ok. I’ll watch but it’s weaker than the diplomat and 1000 weaker than Jack Ryan. Not sure if Jackson mailed it in based on this 1 as they hint at why

Did the artists who made the AI intro train the AI with copyrighted or personal images? Or did they give it their own base for training its neural network?

It's possible to use AI art software ethically. I would want to know the specifics of how they did this.

Clint_L

Legend
Did the artists who made the AI intro train the AI with copyrighted or personal images? Or did they give it their own base for training its neural network?

It's possible to use AI art software ethically. I would want to know the specifics of how they did this.
Either way, it sucks, but with skip intro being a thing I don't have to worry about it again.

Ryujin

Legend
Not a fan of the opening credit sequence. Also the unnecessary thing towards the end. Overall it's OK though. Might become something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads