• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion | New Official Trailer | Disney+

Clint_L

Legend
Yes it did. It could easily have been condensed to 8 episodes from 12 and lost the stupid slow burn and been more intense and gripping.
I could not disagree more. I thought the pacing was perfect, and is what made it intense and gripping. The characters and story arcs had time to develop so that I was invested and the themes meant something.

The problem with the first episode of Secret Wars was that it just didn't make me care about anyone.

Yes it did. It could easily have been condensed to 8 episodes from 12 and lost the stupid slow burn and been more intense and gripping.
I disagree with your assessment. I found a slow burn in Andor more gripping. It gave you time to get to care about the characters in slow moments, and to sit in the anxiety of not knowing how things would turn out. Which is kind of the point of how standing up to an overwhelmingly oppressive foe would feel.

Sam Jackson seemed like he was phoning it in, and it is hard to take him seriously as an action hero at this point.
At this point, he is supposed to be playing a washed up version of Fury. I don't think Jackson has the breadth of acting to pull that off very well, but expect him to look more comforable once Fury gets his mojo (and eyepatch) back.

Remove ads