• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Microlite20 : the smallest thing in gaming

Cymew

First Post
WSmith,

That table of XP changed the environment a bit! Now I see how 100 XP/HD could work. I'll pluck that system and put it into my Hommlet M20 test.

I'm afraid I'm to young to have been gaming when 1st ed was new, but I can guess where that xp table comes from...

Cymew

First Post
WSmith said:
See my earlier posts. :)

I am assuming that you are refering to the original T1-4, (Not "Return to..." or some such). Judging by what I have experimented with so far, there should be no problems converting.

[/list]

"Return to..."? How can you return from "Tomb of Horros" and ToEE? ;)

WSmith

First Post
Cymew said:
I'm afraid I'm to young to have been gaming when 1st ed was new, but I can guess where that xp table comes from...

Meepo is right. It is the Fighting Man table from Volume I, Men & Magic, in the Original D&D boxed set. Note that it does not continue on the same numeric path. Here is the whole table:

Add 120,000 XP fpr each level above 9th.

WSmith

First Post
Some other thing I thought of, thanks to Tunnels & Trolls 7th edition, is the pure magic-mana drain.

In M20. two dueling magi may, instead of tossing spells at each other, opt to roll an oppossing test with a d20 (or alternativly a d12 if d20 is too harsh) and apply their Magical Attack bonus. The wizard with higher of the two scores has drained an amount of HP equal to the difference of the test result, from the loser of the test; the one with the lower score.

WSmith

First Post
Just to be clear, I am not lobbying for any of my wacky posts to be included in the Core Rules. I like the base rules the way they are.

One other thing I may do is use simplified missile weapon ranges, since distance is abstract in M20 anyway. I think AGoT d20 does this, (can anyone confirm that?)

Fr33man

First Post
MeepoDM said:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this one.

Well.
Fighters gain +1 to their attack and damage rolls at level 5, 10, 15 ...
Clerics and Magi gain access to new spells.
And Rogues have no special level advancement.

And what about to have a more "beautiful" character sheet ?

Last edited:

WSmith

First Post
This is the proto-type of the GM screen I am making. I need to add more to it, and use a picture that is not property of someone else.

Attachments

• m20a.JPG
    m20a.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 108
  • m20b.JPG
    m20b.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 110

Remove ads