• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Microlite20 : the smallest thing in gaming

Cymew

First Post
WSmith said:
4. I may go with 1 GP = 1 XP and 100 XP / HD, cause I don't understand ELs since I haven't tinkered with d20 since 2002.

I like this kind of suggestion, for proper old school experience. But isn't 100 XP/HD a bit much? I thougth that levelling up took 10 x your level XP. A 2 HD monster would then give you XP for 20 levels! Am I missing something?

bytor4232

First Post
Cymew said:
I have already e-mailed the creator of this wonderful new game and told him he has done something great. Now I have read, and re-read, the rules again and gotten a crazy idea...

I have T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil, sitting on a shelf beside me. Anyone tried to combine the goodness of M20 with true gonzo old school yet?

Any ideas on 1st ed conversions? Shouldn't be too hard, eh? Or am I struck by hubris and ignoring something important about running T1-4 with M20?

Most 1e/2e conversions have been done right here at Enworld. Behold, the Creature Catalog

There is also some more creatures here:

http://pandius.com/ccci.html

greywulf

First Post
Good resource links, thanks, bytor.

Now on to other busines.........

I'm going to start work on the House Rules Macropedia. Or rather, we are :) I'm going to put together a wiki over the next day or two to store the House Rules. It'll be broken down into sections like Race, Class, Skills, etc. Feel free to drop your own rules (and edit existing ones to improve the wording). The goal is freedom of choice. If you want to add more sections, or whatever, please do so. This is a completely open, peer-review based project.

At regular intervals, I'll take the wiki and kick out of downloadable .pdf

Stay tuned for more news, and get those House Rules ready.

bytor4232

First Post
greywulf said:
Good resource links, thanks, bytor.

Now on to other busines.........

I'm going to start work on the House Rules Macropedia. Or rather, we are :) I'm going to put together a wiki over the next day or two to store the House Rules. It'll be broken down into sections like Race, Class, Skills, etc. Feel free to drop your own rules (and edit existing ones to improve the wording). The goal is freedom of choice. If you want to add more sections, or whatever, please do so. This is a completely open, peer-review based project.

At regular intervals, I'll take the wiki and kick out of downloadable .pdf

Stay tuned for more news, and get those House Rules ready.

I rebuilt the PocketMod based on the latest PDF:

http://arthur.jfmi.net/m20/Pocketmod/Microlite20 - Core - Pocketmod.pdf

The RTF on your site needs to be updated, its still the old version.

MeepoDM

First Post
Cool, thanks Bytor. I've been getting better at folding these up so I'm ready to print out a handful of these things for play. Your "8 page character sheet" is mighty handy as well; I'm currently using it for NPC's & Hirelings.

Land Outcast

Explorer
I have T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil, sitting on a shelf beside me. Anyone tried to combine the goodness of M20 with true gonzo old school yet?
:eek:

I just had the flashy idea of a ToEE... actually a full-blown conversion to M20...

is that what you're suggesting?

Cymew

First Post
Well, I wasn't doing much more than suggesting an interesting test for M20 as a vehicle for some old school gaming, which is what I do with D&D anyway.

Typing it all up is too much work, but thinking about how to do it on the fly is interesting.

I guess the old AC is just 20-AC and take their HD+1 as a Attack Bonus and run with it.

The idea with GP for XP is interesting as well, but I didn't understand it as written. I'll think a bit on it myself, though.

rom90125

Banned
Banned
I became so inspired by these micro-rules that I've decided to convert my home campaign (and by 'home' I mean the game I am running for my 9-year old twins and wife) to the Microlite20 rules. The twins have only played one session ever, so the change to these rules should not throw them off. My wife is sticking to her guns and still wants to play a bard, so I am going to reward her strong desire for role-playing by creating a bard class for this rule set. And because the kids are so new to D&D, I am going to use minis in conjunction with Dungeon Tiles to create a vast sewer system complete with sludge and dire rats.

If this goes well I plan on using the Microlite20 rules for single-shot adventures when my regular campaign needs a break. I'm sure my old-school players will appreciate the retro-feel.

Remove ads