• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MM2 - The destructive power of a Rampager's acid

Mystendanian

First Post
On pg 177 of MM2, the Rampager has:

Acid (Ex): The acid that coats a rampager's claws...disolves an opponent's armor...unless the wearer suceeds at a Reflex save (DC 22).

I threw this monster against my group and attacked our shiny paladin in Plate Mail +1, Platinum. Sure enough, this creature hit the armor and the player failed his save.

Because it is magic, should the paladin's armor get a saving throw, or is destruction automatic?

Epametheus

First Post
The destruction is automatic, probably. Considering that a ravager is like CR 15 or whatever, I think they would've mentioned if its acid is less effective against magical armor.

Anyways, it's the paladin's fault for not being charismatic enough :D

Gort

Explorer
Gah, rampagers!

Fought one of these - the damn thing needs a fortitude save to avoid having your armour ripped off, a reflex save to avoid having your armour melted, and a will save to avoid being scared... must be the only monster that needs all three saves. (unless you're counting ones with spells, natch)

Not so bad if you're a monk, though :)

MorganKiller

First Post
Mmmm... looks great!
Of course I'm a DM usually and when I'm not DMing I play a wizard... :D
I could open a magic armor store next to a Rampager's lair....

BTW, I loved rust monster, but this guy is even better...

Remove ads