• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mortal Kombat (Recruitment Closed)

Albedo

First Post
Iku Rex said:
Hmm. So the resting quarters are not safe? Is there anything stopping characters from living/sleeping in the main hall?
My character's challenged by a CE ninja. As soon as he match beigns the ninja shouts "NINJA MAGIC", disappears, and legs it out of the arena. Is my character now stuck on the outside for as long as his opponent wants? (Or until he can somehow find and corner the ninja.)

BTW: This calls for some (minor) changes to my character. Can you give us a final warning before the characters are "locked down"?

Resting is permitted in the safe area, yes. Now the only solution for an opponent who runs away on you is to go hunt him down, or find yourself another victim. The key is, you need a body (alive or dead) to get back in. As for character lockdown, I go by last e-mail sent on terms of changes. Until I pick a cut off date feel free to tweak.

Iku Rex

Explorer
Albedo said:
Now the only solution for an opponent who runs away on you is to go hunt him down, or find yourself another victim. The key is, you need a body (alive or dead) to get back in.
How about this: My character's opponent runs away. So my character shrugs, wanders back to the main hall and calls for one of his allies. "Hello friend! My opponent seems to have run away to hide. Do you mind helping me back in?" "Not at all, friend. I'll just walk out a few feet beyond the borderline and then we can walk back in together."

Problem solved? Any drawbacks?

Edit: Oh, and what kind of allies are we allowed to bring (without them counting as separate characters)? Familiars? Animal companions? Constructs? Or even cohorts?

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
Iku Rex said:
How about this: My character's opponent runs away. So my character shrugs, wanders back to the main hall and calls for one of his allies. "Hello friend! My opponent seems to have run away to hide. Do you mind helping me back in?" "Not at all, friend. I'll just walk out a few feet beyond the borderline and then we can walk back in together."

Problem solved? Any drawbacks?

Edit: Oh, and what kind of allies are we allowed to bring (without them counting as separate characters)? Familiars? Animal companions? Constructs? Or even cohorts?

Now heres the reason why you scenario doesn't work out so good. If someone did that for you, they would be considered to have surrendered to you and would lose. As for the other question, I'm going to be cutting out leadership feats.

DrZombie

First Post
Will we be fighting an NPC first? To test our battle plans, and such. You know, every movie starts with some poor sobs who's only purpose is to get slaughtered halfway scene two after saying their only line (which usually is : you gonna die... AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHLLLL)

Remove ads