Music Tastes

IamTheTest

First Post
If you want to get into Jazz Id recommend Wynton Marsalles. He is one of the 4 best trumpet players of all time, and the only one that is still breathing. I had the opprotunity to see him live in Akron once and it blew my mind. He is essential for a jazz collection.

Stone Angel

First Post
I love all kinds of music it gives me a freedom that nothing else really can perhaps that is why I choose to create it also. I am in the firm opinion that any live music is fabulous. Any any song can be great depending on the stripper dancing for you at the time j/k.

Right now here are somethings I am digging and are on my playlists currently

Breaking Benjamin entire we are not alon cd plus the previous on plus accoustic tracks
Flogging Molly
Sublime live version vastly superior to most others
Our Lady Peace everyone song in their collection
GreenDay
Dropkick Murphies
Britney
Madonna
Tim McGraw
Toby Keith
YellowCard
Six Degrees from Center (local band)
*Suburban Gangster
*Holy Wood
*Sorry
*Pretty Girl
*I never
*Skin to Skin
*Again and Again
Rich Hardesty
Grateful Dead
Beatles
Allman Bros entire catalog with a few live sessions
Pixies
Various soundtracks such as Conan and LotR
plus way to many more to list
I never new that my playlist was that long

the songs denoted with an * are songs I have written and recorded.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

RithTheAwakener

First Post
I absolutely love trance and techno. Vocal trance, reg trance, classical, hard trance... just not house. My most favorite site in the world (which plays streaming techno 24/7) is
www.digitallyimported.com

Favorite DJs/groups are
ATB
BT
Armin Van Buuren
Tiesto
Darude
djGT
Project C
Paul Van Dyk
Paul Oakenfold (older stuff)

There is barely any Rap or Hiphop i like, simply because the lyrics are basic. The only good rap/hiphop group ive heard is Jedi Mind Tricks.
I liked the rock n roll of the 90's (Pearl Jam, old Green Day, etc) but i hate the stuff they play now (new Green Day, anything on MTV) ie: emo music.

Trance for life.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I like a lot of 80s music, like Monster Ballads and Big Hair music. I also enjoy listening to techno (The Immortals Mortal Kombat, Eiffel 65) and movie/play soundtracks. I am currently listening to Cats, Phantom of the Opera and The Man of La Mancha (thanks to Quantum Leap [Catch a Falling Star]).

Last edited:

Panthanas

Explorer
More often than not I listen to some type of metal. I do listen to other "types" of music, although I have to say that country and hip hop/rap grates on my nerves, but every once in a while there are songs in those genres that I like (don't tell anyone I said that :) ).

Torm

Explorer
Gilladian said:
Nobody has mentioned my favorite music - FILK!
The only song I can think of that I like that I know for certain would be considered "filk" is "The Death of Optimus Prime" by Mr. McFeeley. It's kind of a western-style requiem for old Big Bot.

There's some other stuff that's close, too, but I have reasons for doubting you'd consider it filk:
Steven Cavanaugh does filkish covers of older songs, with the lyrics rewritten to be about Star Wars - like "Darth Maul" to the tune of "When You Say Nothing At All", originally by Keith Whitley - but that may be more parody than filk.
Nitocris performed the song "Darkside" for a Star Wars fan film about Mara Jade, but while incredibly good, its just a little heavy to be what I generally think of as filk.
And Bentframe is a rap group (yes, I know what you said about rap) that has done a few original raps about Star Wars, and one about the Chipmunks - maybe not filk, but definitely fun, and sci-fi/pop culture related.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Torm said:
Nitocris performed the song "Darkside" for a Star Wars fan film about Mara Jade, but while incredibly good, its just a little heavy to be what I generally think of as filk.

Question, any idea where you can find said fan film for viewing?

My top ten desert island favorite artists of all time (not including the Beatles, because saying you like the Beatles is like being a vampire and saying you like o-neg), in no particular order:

1. The Clash
2. U2
3. Beastie Boys
4. Dead Kennedys
5. White Stripes
6. Nirvana
7. Cake
8. Velvet Underground
9. Radiohead
10. Faith No More

Can you tell I grew up in the 90s?

Captain Tagon

First Post
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
My top ten desert island favorite artists of all time (not including the Beatles, because saying you like the Beatles is like being a vampire and saying you like o-neg), in no particular order:

Dude, I know tons of people who don't like the Beatles, me being one of them. Then again, I know a ton of people who are so obsessed with the Beatles it is scary, so maybe we all even each other out.

Remove ads