Nazareth Awakened [Mage: The Awakening] [OOC]

TillForPie

First Post
Rubber: Yeah, vampires do drain blood pretty quickly. 1 point of lethal damage per turn, or a seventh of the average person's total blood supply in three seconds. Probably something I'd actually houserule were I running a vampire game. Oh well!

Last edited:

TillForPie

First Post
Can the effect the vampire is creating be resisted via Willpower expenditure or anything? Or has that ship sailed? :)
Hmm, not in the rules-as-written, but I'll tell you what: If any of you thinks your character is particularly stubborn you can spend a point of Willpower to make a Willpower roll (as in, dice pool consisting of your remaining Willpower) to resist the effect. Pretty good odds but without being a sure thing. Let's only allow one such attempt per character, though.

Edit: I'm assuming you'd like Chance to do so?

Last edited:

TillForPie

First Post
Good going [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION]! The song Harper's thinking of was the inspiration for the name. I was considering it for the next musical reference and everything.

Shayuri

First Post
I understand that she's always on the run now. Gloria.

The Willpower thing...I kinda want to, but I am currently engaged in hair-tearing over whether or not it's IC. I mean, on the one hand she's a naturally suspicious person, but she's not generally super-introspective... But then vampires are reputed to be hypnotic...

Comme ci, comme ca.

Yeah, you know what, lets do it. Because Corey Feldman says so.

So willpower is 6, spending 1 which degrades it to an effective value of 5. I presume this is a temporary expenditure? :)

TillForPie

First Post
I understand that she's always on the run now. Gloria.
Hah! Figures there'd be more than one applicable song. I was actually thinking of this one (Youtube link).

The Willpower thing...I kinda want to, but I am currently engaged in hair-tearing over whether or not it's IC. I mean, on the one hand she's a naturally suspicious person, but she's not generally super-introspective... But then vampires are reputed to be hypnotic...

Comme ci, comme ca.

Yeah, you know what, lets do it. Because Corey Feldman says so.

So willpower is 6, spending 1 which degrades it to an effective value of 5. I presume this is a temporary expenditure? :)
Actually (perhaps confusingly!) I let the player roll the value they had prior to spending the Willpower - otherwise you'd have a pool of 0 when using your last point. And yup, she's just spending a point (as opposed to a dot): Assuming this is the only Willpower Chance spends before resting she'll get it back once she's had some sleep. Any others she spends before resting will come back at the rate of 1/week.

While I'm on the subject, Agnasci is back at full Willpower (even though it probably would have taken him a month to recover everything he spent) because everyone gets it all back at the end of a chapter (or story, in WoD terms).

Here we go!

Remove ads