New 5E Epic Books coming in 2020

Well, I certainly won't complain if I get more now than originally intended. And if you get this first part done you will have restored a great deal of my waning faith in future products, so let's hope for the best :)

:)

Also, interesting to hear that the demon book is coming next.

Well I don't want to overplay the Atomic Demons aspect. They are probably only 10-12% of that book. I just thought the name sounded quite catchy.

Mega was mountain-sized and macro-fine (or whatever came after mega) was planet-sized?

Well I have changed things about a bit (for simplicity*). Mega = Castle-sized**, Giga = Mountain and Tera = Planet.

*Which was how it was always planned to be in 4E
**Which would have been Titanic or Macro-Fine in my 3E Bestiary.

Anyway, is the 'worshiped as deities' part 'just' flavor or do these creatures have actual divine templates/powers? As before, feel free to not answer any of such details if you don't want to :)

At the moment I have my ideas for Divinity (and these are VERY simplified) but those powers are (for the moment at least) 'baked into' the stats themselves.

You can already sign me up for a hardback down the line if it ever gets to this point!

I appreciate it amigo. I have a few special ideas for it. But lets get this first pdf/softcover done, then worry about the second and so on.

Thought as much, read a lot of your earlier ideas over the years so this was immediately recognizable to me :D

Yes its basically an extension and an expansion of the those rules, with some examples that get a bit crazy.

Drazen

Demon Prince
Any challenges developed for TIme Lords and such?
Drazen could be soon going for a seat as a Time Lord very soon.....as well as another one of our PCs.

beej

Explorer
Hello friends, and hello U_K! Been awhile. (I used to be Nosfecatu but I ah, rebranded.)

Excited for the new Bestiary! I've been doing some monster design work, myself, and surprise surprise, just like the two prior editions, official guidelines for high level monsters feel lacking. Am very excited to see 5E monsters get the U_K treatment!

Hello friends, and hello U_K! Been awhile. (I used to be Nosfecatu but I ah, rebranded.)

Hey there beej mate! :)

Excited for the new Bestiary! I've been doing some monster design work, myself, and surprise surprise, just like the two prior editions, official guidelines for high level monsters feel lacking.

Yes its weird how un-epic a lot of the official monsters really feel. I'm trying my best to make sure each monster has some U.S.P. - we'll see how that goes.

Am very excited to see 5E monsters get the U_K treatment!

I'm excited myself. Also its cool to see decent artists bring these ideas to life this time.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Tangential question, U_K: are there any updates with regard to print-on-demand options for Immortal's Handbook: Ascension? So far there doesn't seem to be a POD choice on DriveThruRPG, and I can't find the book on lulu.com.

Tangential question, U_K: are there any updates with regard to print-on-demand options for Immortal's Handbook: Ascension? So far there doesn't seem to be a POD choice on DriveThruRPG, and I can't find the book on lulu.com.

My apologies amigo. When I get to launch this new book (which will be pdf and softvover) I will make Ascension available in print at the store. I just got sidetracked. My plan was to get a copy via Lulu and just see how it looked. I imagine there is an option on my store somewhere. I'll go look now in fact...

Right okay, I have found the appropriate page. Just have to decide upon Softcover b&w or hardcover b&w.

...actually there might be a bit more work involved. I think I need a separate cover and contents file. I don't know if I still have that. I'll likely have to create one and then get a copy sent out to make sure it works okay.

But at least I know what to do now.

I've just checked my files. I no longer have a separate cover image for Ascension and I also do not have a back cover created for Ascension. So it will take a bit of work to sort those things out. Additionally the pdf is 162 pages and needs to be a multiple of four for print. Hopefully I can edit this pdf otherwise we might be in trouble. :confused:

Remove ads