Nightfall's Scarred Lands Psionics Game Planning (was: Psionics Friendly DM Wanted!!)

Creamsteak

Explorer
garyh said:
I've always want to run an "Up the Walls" PsyWar. Go all Matrix on the monsters!!

Join us, Sollir!! Between you, me, creamy, and GW, we could have the most prestigous (or infamous) cast in the IC forum!! :D

Combine your nasty flanking with my Psionic Attack Modes... and I bet we could really pull of some tactical tricks...

Oooh, multiple Tower of Iron Wills, Mental Hardness 10 or so :) Er, a bit too costly tho, heh.

Don't s'pose DM would allow Body Fuel/Trigger Power: Lesser Body Adjustment tho.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
From what everyone has been saying, this sounds like it will be an interesting group...

So, Sollir... it sounds like you're going to join us... most excellent! :D

Creamsteak

Explorer
My character would be an egoist or savant if he wasn't a Psi-warrior. A couple levels to pick up Lesser Body Adjustment would be rather important as well... as things progress. I'm preferable to just using Psionics Handbook + the fixes for the PrCs. I don't like Of-Sound-Mind or If Thoughts Could Kill that much.

Psionics Handbook
WoTC Psionics Series (what was it called?)
Monte's PrC fixes

Opinions? Of course, the DM matters more than anything.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
creamsteak said:
WoTC Psionics Series (what was it called?)

Mind's Eye. A must-have, for any serious psionic player!

Yes, I think I will stick with the blind elf telepath idea... I like the concept of focusing on psionic combat, and if we go with the multiple Towers of Iron Will, it might even be worthwhile getting into psionic combat.

Psionics in Scarred Lands ;) Nah, that combines 2 rarities, a DM who likes Scarred Lands and a DM who likes Psionics, one who likes both would be hard to find, Although Scarred Lands does provide some minor fixes to psions (PP/day)...I'd prolly have to say no to FRCS, psionics don't mesh very well there IMO.

garyh

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Psionics in Scarred Lands ;) Nah, that combines 2 rarities, a DM who likes Scarred Lands and a DM who likes Psionics, one who likes both would be hard to find, Although Scarred Lands does provide some minor fixes to psions (PP/day)...I'd prolly have to say no to FRCS, psionics don't mesh very well there IMO.

Hey, all we'd need is to mention SL to Nightfall, and we'd have a DM. :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
GnomeWorks said:

Mind's Eye. A must-have, for any serious psionic player!

Yes, I think I will stick with the blind elf telepath idea... I like the concept of focusing on psionic combat, and if we go with the multiple Towers of Iron Will, it might even be worthwhile getting into psionic combat.

That's it. Blind Elf Telepath... Put him and Animus in a room... and see what happens.

Trigger Power is reasonably over-powered in the right hands, but then again it's also perfectly reasonable at the same time. Trigger Power LBA isn't necessary for my concept though, since I actually enjoy the ability score loss when it counts. Of course, since there is errata on Body Fuel and Trigger Power, they help to balance it out some.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
garyh said:
Psionic combat? I just wanna run up walls and stick people with my sword. :D

Barbarian. :D

Sollir - if we wanted to do Scarred Lands, we might talk to Nightfall about it... he might be willing to run a Scarred Lands game...

Although, you are right - if we do a psionics game, it should probably either be a generic game, or a homebrew.

Remove ads