No Longer an Interest Check - 5E Rise of Tiamat + Corebooks PBP - OOC

Confused: If the collar was taken out of the bag. Why did the mage want to grab the bag and not investigate the collar, which I thought was what we came her to do?

Skarsgard

Explorer
I think the IC thread had a missed opportunity. Ashur didn't like the leader at all but that should have been an opportunity to develop characters not run from.

I know some people can find IC conflict hard to separate from OC, or find it uncomfortable when notions are challenged.

In the interest of full disclosure: I am finding the style of this game a bit difficult at the moment as just when a scene starts to get a bit juicy we "morph" into the next with little to no reference to what just happened.

For me, I would prefer not to run from situations of conflict between PCs and NPCs and would like to think that we can use it without having people get upset OC. If that is not a style people are comfortable with, I would appreciate knowing now as it seems a good place to pull Ashur out.

I am not upset in any way shape or form, but am finding it very hard to enjoy this game and if we are not doing this for enjoyment; then what is the point?

/rant :)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I feel you, not knowing what's going on in the other thread specifically, but I've had that feeling before as well. On the other hand, sometimes if people start to feel stressed about the IC of a game they can sometimes stop participating. Hard to strike that perfect balance.

I don't know why the scene was abruptly ended and I actually did not want to hear about not being offered the balloon. Frankly, Ana would have said the balloon must more useful for scouting then taking us to Waterdeep.

Am I missing something? What kind of stress is being felt where? This is the first I've heard of it.

I have no clue why you want to leave.

Envisioner

Explorer
It's possible that the mistake was on my part; I interpreted Ana's in-character reaction as seeming to connote out-of-character distaste, which may well have been me jumping the gun. I certainly would rather not have another player leave, bad enough that LowKey already flaked out on us, and that Keth never joined the game after his player and I negotiated extensively to figure out how I could include him.

Remove ads