• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

O.G.R.E: Online Generic Randomizer Engine

Madmaxneo

Explorer
All these online generators are fun and useful at times. Great job Morrus and to all the developers!

Is there any chance these will be available on your app for android? That would be even better as I wouldn't have to pre-generate, save, and print them out.

Bruce

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I've finally started on the D&D Next Beta Test Treasure Generators.

So far I've created three. They are:

{Mistwell[Pouch Treasure Level 1]}
{Mistwell[Pouch Treasure Level 2]}
{Mistwell[Pouch Treasure Level 3]}

What I'd like to do is combine them with a user variable (level).

Something that would ask your level, and if you answer level 1, then call the level 1 pouch treasure, and else if you answer 2 the level 2 pouch treasure, else if you answer 3 the level 3 pouch treasure, etc. all the way up to level 20.

But so far when I tried to use the if/else commands, it didn't accept it. No error, just reset back to what was there before.

Anyone know how I'd do this?

Once the pouch ones are done, I can go on to the Chest Treasure, then Hoard treasure. No idea if I can eventually nest in specific magic item table into the treasure table, but that's down the road still. For now, I am fine with simply "{1d4} common potions", and the DM needs to assign the potions. [EDIT - I was able to nest the magic items, and it works great, so that's taken care of. I added a few more common potions to the list, as the playtest rules only list Climbing and Healing as common potions. I made those two the most common for the table, but then added a couple uncommon ones such as poison and water breathing, and then some unlisted ones that make sense as a potion (resistance, speak with animals, feather fall, and disguise self, all of which are cantrips or first level spells. Then I roll a 1d14, and have 4 numbers assigned to healing, 3 to climbing, 2 to resistance, and 1 to the rest).]

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've finally started on the D&D Next Beta Test Treasure Generators.

So far I've created three. They are:

{Mistwell[Pouch Treasure Level 1]}
{Mistwell[Pouch Treasure Level 2]}
{Mistwell[Pouch Treasure Level 3]}

What I'd like to do is combine them with a user variable (level).

Something that would ask your level, and if you answer level 1, then call the level 1 pouch treasure, and else if you answer 2 the level 2 pouch treasure, else if you answer 3 the level 3 pouch treasure, etc. all the way up to level 20.

But so far when I tried to use the if/else commands, it didn't accept it. No error, just reset back to what was there before.

Anyone know how I'd do this?

Seems pretty basic; I've done loads like that. How about this:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/dnd_view_block.php?id=1437

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
It would be highly useful if a user selected variable could be referenced in a table, rather than just in a generator. So for example, instead of me creating a table for every single level for each of pouch, chest, and hoard, all I would have to do is roll 1d20+ the level selected in the generator for the pouch, the chest, and the hoard (which all use the same table).

Maybe there is a way to do this, but I am not immediately seeing how.

Remove ads