Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

Mallus

Legend
My least favorite parts were when Disney refuses to stop trying to make Kumail a thing; he seems like a swell enough guy but he's just a terrible actor.
Have you seen The Big Sick? He’s fantastic in that film. Granted he is playing a character based on himself. But if that was easy… ummm… everyone would be more compelling!

pukunui

Legend
I binged it all at once. It was good. Nothing groundbreaking. The best parts were when Obi-Wan was very clearly still in love with Padme (make it overt cowards!), the part where Vader's helmet is broken and they mix the two voices together, basically anything involving Reva, and the part where he says "hello there."
I get that a lot of people seem to think Obi-Wan was in love with Padme based on that one line, but there's never been any indication that he had feelings for anyone other than Satine Kryze. I personally interpreted that dialogue has him wishing he could be Leia's father because he likes her and wants to protect her, not because he was in love with Padme.

Also the one-scene wonder that was that drug pushing girl.
That was Ewan McGregor's daughter, Esther-Rose.

I liked the first episode and last episode pretty well and found most of the middle episodes a bit of a slog. I watched it episodically week to week, I wonder if it might have worked better if I had waited and binged it in one sitting and treated it as four hour movie instead of being underwhelmed week after week until I got to the end.
I personally am fairly sure I would be more positive on episode 3 if I had been able to binge the next episode rather than being left contemplating what they were thinking with the staging of that fire that neither Vader nor his minions can walk around. There were lot of parts of that episode I really liked, but it ended on the dumbest thing in it, and left me thinking about the other dumb things in it.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I get that a lot of people seem to think Obi-Wan was in love with Padme based on that one line, but there's never been any indication that he had feelings for anyone other than Satine Kryze. I personally interpreted that dialogue has him wishing he could be Leia's father because he likes her and wants to protect her, not because he was in love with Padme.
Oh, I'm aware it is more headcanon than something within the actual text. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate the nod.

Bolares

Hero
He worked in town with crowds of people and bought goods there. It would have been impossible for him not to hear news. He didn't need to look for it.
Didn't he work in the middle of the desert in a place where interacting was discouraged? All the scenes where he was working he was dead quiet and not wanting to interact. Obi-Wan was deeply traumatized and activelly trying to bury his head in the sand. He was not just not looking for news, he was avoiding them. He chose to not help a jedi in danger, he said no to saving Leia, I can see the man from the start of the series avoiding news about the empire.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I avoided coming back for a week, as the discussion got less than ideal .... So thank you to those that replied to me after that. We might not agree, but it was pretty respectful.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Frankly I'm just waiting for D+ to stop milking as much as they can out of midquels and actually, you know, tell new stories. I'm champing at the bit for some post-Skywalker content, to the extent that I'm trying to hype my friends up about Star Wars so I can convince them to play SW5e with me and we can tell them ourselves. And it's not working

Remove ads