• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War - canceled

Sugar_Silk

First Post
The problem is that Lora, Darling and Roderick don't know about the crown and the others are operating a "Need to Know" system, so will be reluctant to tell them.

To my mind the original group will want to stay with both the Ambassador and the crown. Also, I don't believe that Dellex will be taken in by a plan where Jareth isn't with the ambassador.

Seems like this is where the lines are drawn. The main party is tied to Sil and seems to agree that he belongs with the troops. That leaves just Lora, Roderick and Darling free to maneuver. Dellex doesn't know 2 of us, and probably assumes Lora will continue working at the manor?

I suppose Malaroc and/or Ernestine might slip away without raising too much suspicion... unless 'assistant' was an understatement.

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora has 54 gp not including the 10-20 we got as a party for completing Spider's Path, so she can definitely afford a spellbook or two. If she could she would buy three. One to be filled with spells, and two decoys. One of the decoys she will wear on her belt, the other in her backpack.

The two real ones she will wear strapped with leather bonds beneath her dress, probably strapped to her back so they are not obvious.

Dellex does know Lora but I think he doesn't deem her significant. She got imprisoned, but he has her brother on some sort of leash and he has seen she is incapable of high-tier magic. So far I'd say he thinks her well under control.

I think he'll reconsider once she springs an Anti-Magic Field on him and lets the warriors pull him limb from limb.

In case you guys didn't know, he is Lawful Evil, so he cares about appearances and rules. He isn't going to fly in and rain fire over our heads, but arrests and swift trials are a possible way to lose one's character prematurely. So tread lightly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
My thinking on the sub-games is this....

Jareth, Mal, Ern, Trinham, and Rodric in one group. Hopefully galloping towards the castle.

Darling, Lora, Pious (will have him checked by tomorrow), and Zerith's newest addition and anyone else who joins. To stay and play keep away the identity from Dellex.

Any objections/other ideas.

HM

Deskjob

First Post
I'd be more than happy to follow Myth's and Sugar's lead in a game of keep away. Both female characters have more than enough tricks up their sleeves to last us for a hundred days. *thumbs up*

jackslate45

First Post
My thinking on the sub-games is this....

Jareth, Mal, Ern, Trinham, and Rodric in one group. Hopefully galloping towards the castle.

Darling, Lora, Pious (will have him checked by tomorrow), and Zerith's newest addition and anyone else who joins. To stay and play keep away the identity from Dellex.

Any objections/other ideas.

HM

works for me. Ern can summon enough horses to do so, so they don't have to steal any.

Zerith

First Post
Right now I’m thinking of making a moderately Kitsune themed natural-Were who is highly compatible with magic.
While he might take up a spell casting class latter on, as a fluff dip, the compatibility in this case is more of a resonance, a resounding echo, that happens after he is exposed to magic: for example, after being healed enough, or otherwise bombarded with enough holy/light energy, he will likely pick up nimbus of light for a halo.
You could say the idea is this character is magical in body and spells pollute, corrupt or purify his nature.
Probably have him be a ‘native’ to Reygur; it has a common border with Fanshaw ;3
[I’m thinking of subbing out dog for fox as far as the animal/stats gos given that I could not find them for a fox :/]

Remove ads