Official D&D Character Sheets Coming In June

One of the four mysterious unnamed D&D products has been revealed! Coming on June 20th, for $9.95, is a folder of official Dungeons & Dragons character sheets. "Inside the pockets of this lavishly illustrated protective folder, you’ll find a full set of fifth edition Dungeons & Dragonscharacter sheets for use in any D&D campaign. This product includes three additional styles of double-sided character sheets giving veteran players options based on their individual play preference and spell sheets for keeping track of their magical repertoire. Also included is an introductory character sheet designed specifically to help ease new players into the game. Fans can use these character sheets to welcome new players to the world’s greatest roleplaying game or choose a variant that fits their preferences."

One of the four mysterious unnamed D&D products has been revealed! Coming on June 20th, for $9.95, is a folder of official Dungeons & Dragons character sheets. "Inside the pockets of this lavishly illustrated protective folder, you’ll find a full set of fifth edition Dungeons & Dragonscharacter sheets for use in any D&D campaign. This product includes three additional styles of double-sided character sheets giving veteran players options based on their individual play preference and spell sheets for keeping track of their magical repertoire. Also included is an introductory character sheet designed specifically to help ease new players into the game. Fans can use these character sheets to welcome new players to the world’s greatest roleplaying game or choose a variant that fits their preferences."

17321DNDCharacterSheetPRODTH2.png

SaveSave

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
People still go into to stores and buy D&D stuff. They see these, they buy them too. Or they buy it on Amazon, see it on "people also purchased" and buy it.

Its low hanging fruit. So, we could also be seeing "official" dice, new DM screen...maybe even a DMs log, D&D branded battle mat or the return of official graphing paper. Or maybe not, but I wouldn't be surprised by things in this vein.

Yes, I think you are. Spend a bit of time on social media and you'll quickly realize that.

You mean all those Abraham Lincoln quotes where he talks about not trusting what you read on the Internet are possibly faked?

My faith in humanity has been destroyed! :.-(:D

Yeah, you make a fair point. There are a lot of value that believe everything they read and hear, which is a dangerous way to live.

pukunui

Legend
It's not just that, though. There's also cases where little Timmy says he wants the new D&D for his birthday, and Mom (or Grandma) has gone out to get it for him, and the shop attendant says, "Look, here's the game book, and here are some character sheets ... oh, and some dice, of course. Everything little Timmy needs to start playing!"

ccs

41st lv DM
I can see it having an appeal to new people. Buy the book(s) and the folio of character sheets and you're good to go! Not everyone will be familiar with the D&D website and/or EN World.

But most people ARE familiar with scanners/copy machines.
You open your PHB & copy the sheet in the back of it....

pukunui

Legend
Meh. People are lazy. It's far more convenient to buy a packet of ready-to-use sheets than to have to photocopy (or download and print) one off yourself. Besides, if the sheets in this product come loose, it'll be much easier to photocopy them than the one in the back of the book as well.

I remember buying (and getting great use out of) the AD&D 2e version of this product, even though I could have merely photocopied the sheet that was in the back of the PHB. It's a convenience thing.

Sebastrd

Explorer
If these are more of the same standard configuration sheets just layed out slightly differently, I'm not interested. I'd like to see a character sheet where everything is arranged with an eye toward quickly locating pertinent information; not simply grouping skills, traits, and ability scores in a slightly more aesthetically pleasing manner.

Remove ads

Remove ads