• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ohio Gameday (January 18, Ohio State Campus)

Crothian

First Post
The selling point I guess is gamers from all around Ohio who are mostly interested in d20 all in one place.

I talked to someone down at the Gaurd Tower, but that was about hosting and not sponorship.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Crothian said:
The Union has places to eat so food shouldn't be a problem. Are those palces open on the weekend? I was never down there on Saturday.
they were back-in-the-day (boy, that makes me sound old), but i'm not sure about now

if Clear Dragon is talking to the Union about rooms, maybe he could ask, or if anyone else goes to the Union, they could ask the people who work down there if they're open an Saturdays...

DanMcS

Explorer
Mr Fidgit said:

they were back-in-the-day (boy, that makes me sound old), but i'm not sure about now

if Clear Dragon is talking to the Union about rooms, maybe he could ask, or if anyone else goes to the Union, they could ask the people who work down there if they're open an Saturdays...

I'm fairly sure they are still. Even if not, there's a ton of places right on high street in that area. The ohiounion.com website says food is open saturdays from 10ish to 7, 9, or 10 in some cases.

Time? Noon until they kick us out? Get a big room or two, banquet seating with round tables would be grand.

Clear Dragon

First Post
Most the places are open for the weekend, though the hours are different. I'll look in to that. There are plenty of places on High Street too including my favorite Chipotle. La Bamba might have a burrito as big as your head but CHipoltles are big and actuallly have flavor to them!

I will probably list the event with the Union as something like EN World Ohio Gameday, and the listed sponsoring organization will be the Society of Physics Students.

All I am waiting for is a consenus from the poeple who have shown interest on this list to say whether the 18th is good for most everyone.

DanMcS

Explorer
18th is good for me (well, any saturday in january, who plans that far in advance?), and I haven't seen any objections. Come on, be a dictator, declare it the 18th :)

Enkhidu

Explorer
I'd say Noon to Midnight - a total of either two or three games/events slots (which would mean that if you are running a game, you would need to plan for either a 4 or 6 hour block of time).

From the looks of the recent Chicago game day, they did something similar, though a bit earlier in the day (breakfast time to lunch time, break for lunch, lunch to dinner, break for dinner, rinse and repeat).

If you got the room from 9 AM til one AM, that would leave enough time for set up/breakdown on either end.

Looks like things are coming together! Thanks Clear Dragon!

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Clear Dragon said:
including my favorite Chipotle.
*psst!* remind me sometime before gameday and i'll bring a ton of burrito bucks! (my brother works for Chipotle, but let's keep this quiet, shall we? ;)

Clear Dragon

First Post
Looks like I will reserve it for the 18th, probably from 9 am to 1 am, though I am sure people could come early or run late with no problems.

DanMcS

Explorer
All righty!

I'm going to go read the chicago gameday thread, because I want to see how they organized it.

How are we going to know who is coming/who is running games & when? How full games are?

Do we want to just have a bunch of people show up with games ready to run, then have people show up and pick a game spur-of-the-moment to play in?

fett527

First Post
If I'm driving to OSU for this then I definitely want Adriaticos (sp?) Pizza if its still open. My wife lived in Smith hall for two years and we had that all the time. If I remember correctly (it's been about six years) the shop is on 11th St. How far is that from the Union, I just can't remember? I mean how could we game and not eat pizza anyway?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads