Ohio Gameday (January 18, Ohio State Campus)

Crothian

First Post
Mark said:
It might be time to start a "slot schedule" in the first post of this thread so that people don't have to reread the whole thread to find what is available and when. Just two cents... :)

Sure, suggest some good advice :D

Okay, I have two game slots since that seems simple for four gamers. This may change depending on how things go.

Enkhidu

Explorer
A few suggestions:

From the looks of it, we will have between 6 and 8 tables set up for us in the room if we go with the banquet seating. I imagine we might get more tables if we snag some of the rectagular ones as well.

As I figure it, that gives us 6 tables to fill at any one time (I figure game coordination can have a table of their own, and we might want to have some small space available for anyone who wants to set up shop to sell). Any other tables we may have should probably be put to use for pickup games and socialization.

As for the timeline of the thing, it might be a good idea to have 3 time slots: 10-2, 3-7, and 8-12. That gives us all an hour for meals (and an hour to finish up a long running game!). That would give us a whopping 18 games to run over the course of the day (and if the average game is made for 6 players, then we can have over 40 people playing from morning til night). More than enough gaming to go around (I for example, wouldn't mind skipping a time slot to just relax if it meant someone else got to play).

Anyway, I suppose that we should start thinking about doing some sort of pre-registration deal like the Chicago crew did - it seemed to work quite well, all things considered.

Crothian

First Post
I like the idea, but is interest that high? As of now we have four people running games. I have no problem if this turns out to be big or small, I just don't see a lot of interest so far.

Edit: But I will plan big and we can always cut back later. It's easier to cut back then to try to increase the size of things later.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Okay so a couple more games would be nice.

DM's if you want a specific timeslot please say so otherwise I'm just assinging them

Players please e-mail me or post here what game you want to play.

Quickbeam

Explorer
I'll talk to Joshua Dyal (he and I have kicked around the idea of gaming together at some point) and maybe we can carpool with some of the other folks in our campaigns. For now put me down as a tentative yes to play, not DM, Crothian.

FWIW, I've been to Columbus several times (a past employer had regional offices there) and genuinely liked the city...even though I'm from Michigan. Then again, I'm OK because I'm a Sparty fan and loathe the Weasels even more than most Buckeyes do :D!!

Clear Dragon

First Post
8 shall be the number of tables, and the numbering of the tables shall be 8, or least that is what the person in the Ohio Union Office told me today. Like cyferwolf mentioned I am sure we could raid unused rooms , lounges for tables of different sizes if these prove two big or small to be practical or something.

fett527

First Post
Ba-da-BUMP.

Oh and for those interested

Adriatico's

Hours
Mon-Thu 11pm-12:30am
Fri-Sat 11am-1:30pm
Sun 12pm-11:30pm

And I can't believe Adriatico's is only open until 1:30PM on Saturdays. Guess I have to have it for lunch.

Remove ads