Ohio Gameday (January 18, Ohio State Campus)

DanMcS

Explorer
I'll run a d20 modern horror game, six characters, pregened.

How long are the timeslots going to be? Will there be two or three of them? I suppose it depends on how many people volunteer to run games.

Crothian

First Post
What time do people want to start? If we want to start at like 9am (which is fine by me, I'm a morning person :D) we can get is quite a few. It also depends on how late people want to play.

Crothian

First Post
Enkhidu - Paranoia game

Crothian – Whispering Woodwind (D&D, 6 people, 1st level, pregenerated characters.

DanMcS: d20 Modern, 6 people, pregenerated characters

ashockney: Return to the Hall of the Fire Giant King (14th level characters)

Here are the games so far. I reduced myself down to one game since I hope to play some. Right now, just voulenteer to ruin if that is what you want to do. If we need more, then I'll make a call for additional DMs.

Crothian

First Post
We also need to make sure there are games for newbies as well as advanced players. So if you would like to run a game please also post if it is a game sutible for newbies or advanced players.

Thanks!! :D

Crothian

First Post
Also, if people have some games they might run as pick up games if needed that would be good.

And if someone knows the address and zip of the Ohio Union so people can get directions from Mapquest that would be great. I also think someone familiar with campus should post a few ways of getting there complete with landamarks for people coming from out of town. Even people who have been there only a few years agon might not reconize all the changes in the Campus area.

Quartermoon

First Post
Wow. Who knew there were so many EN Worlders in Ohio? Obviously not me. And here I thought Cinci was the Sahara Desert of gaming.

I may be able to come; with RPGA's Winter Fantasy the next weekend, my hubby may not go for it. But I'd be a player only, anyway, so I guess I don't have to commit for sure just yet.

As for slots, if you have the room 9-1, you could easily do three four hour slots: 10-2, 3-7, and 8-12.
And who is going to convince Piratecat to be our very special Guest? (Hey, he went to the last Chicago Gameday!)

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Crothian said:
And if someone knows the address and zip of the Ohio Union...
according to the phone book :)p)...

Ohio Union
1739 N High St
Columbus, OH 43201

(Main Ofc-Reservations-Information 614/292-7924)

DanMcS

Explorer
Directions

Hmm, lane avenue will be closed by then, they're redoing that bridge, that complicates things a bit. This is probably the simplest way now:

Take 70 or 71 toward columbus. If you can't find those, I can't help you :)

From 70, get to 71 north. Now everyone will be on 71.

Exit 71 at 11th avenue. Turn west on 11th.

Take 11th west; you'll go under an overpass, then hit a light. 11th becomes one-way east at this point, so turn right (north).

Go one block, turn left (west) onto chittenden (the road dead-ends and Chit. is one-way west- can't get lost here).

Take chittenden west, go through the light at 4th, then Summit. The next light should be High St- Chit dead-ends here. Turn right (north).

1 block north is 12th avenue. turn left at the light and immediately make a right-hand turn onto the service road that runs the length of the Ohio Union building. at the end of the service road, turn left into the parking garage

Getting back out is simpler, you just take High south to 11th and you can get all the way to the freeway.

Last edited:

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Re: Directions

i haven't down to campus in a while, but wouldn't it be easier to change this:
DanMcS said:
1 block north is 12th avenue. Go through that light. The ohio union is on your left, on the NW corner of 12th and high. On the right is the Newport Music Hall, then, um, a chipotle now. Just north of the Union on the left is the parking garage they were talking about- this is probably your best bet.
to this: (?)

one block north is 12th avenue. turn left at the light and immediately make a right-hand turn onto the service road that runs the length of the Ohio Union building. at the end of the service road, turn left into the parking garage

(this way, no one gets stuck on High Street trying to turn left with no turn lane)

Last edited:

Remove ads