Ohio Gameday (January 18, Ohio State Campus)

Clear Dragon

First Post
Doh, missed the basketball game! Hmm, oh well I can miss one. I have faith the team will do ok without me there.

I submitted the room request form, now just have to wait for a confirmation reply from the Ohio Union Office.

Last edited:

gunter uxbridge

First Post
Like I responded in my e-mail to Crothian, I am planning to run a one shot D&D game lasting between 4-6 hours. I would like a chance to play that day, but I am going to have a backup plan ready, probably a quickie Star Wars or Star Trek game up my sleeve. I want to be flexible. I shun paid-for modules so I better get to writing. :)

I am really glad this event is coming into being. An event like this in Columbus is long overdue. It reminds me of my heyday of gaming back in the early 90s. A group from Parkersburg put together a gaming club with membership reaching over 100 members at one point. We took dues, had a club council, arranged for discounts with local gaming merchants, took group trips to Columbus and Charleston for conventions, all sorts of stuff. We met at one of three local libraries and on any given Saturday you could walk in there and play just about anything your heart could desire. RPGs of all sorts, tabletop wargames, board games, card games...ANYTHING. I miss those days. Now I'm all growed up and it is a chore just to get together with close friends.

Thanks to all who are working so hard to make this a reality!

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Crothian, just a suggestion. For the Chicago Game Days, Mark kept updating the first (or second) post on the thread so important info could be more easily found.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
thalmin said:
Crothian, just a suggestion. For the Chicago Game Days, Mark kept updating the first (or second) post on the thread so important info could be more easily found.

Shhh... You're telling all of my secrets. ;)

Crothian

First Post
porkuslime said:
I also live in Columbus, and would love to play a Paranoia PC, or perhaps a 1st level game.....

-porkuslime

That's great. So far no one has expressed interest in running a Paranioa game, but we are just hearing from people so time will tell. THanks.

digitaldark

First Post
DanMcS said:
I've not been to other game stores around here, isn't there one called the guard tower, something like that? Do they have any rooms we might sweet talk them into using?

The Guard Tower is off of Trabue rd...It does have some gaming tables..(i've actually played there a few times in the past)..I'm not sure if the space fits many people though...but it is a really good game store...

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Enkhidu said:
Don't worry. Crothian. I'll be available to run a Paranoia game.

Great, The Computer is My Friend. Guess I'll need to polish my secret society membership card as well. :D

Okay, another thing. If you are running a game are you going to have pre generated characters or will people be supllying their own?

Mr Fidgit

First Post
i think PCs should be pregenerated for a game like Paranoia, that way someone who hasn't played before (like me) might be more likely to sign up

Remove ads