Ohio Gameday (January 18, Ohio State Campus)

Crothian

First Post
Okay, this is looking great. I'll probably do a little of both DMing and PCing. I've got an interesting one shot Thieves' World idea that should work well, plus I really want to run the Whispering Woodwind, which sounds like a fun little adventure.

Dates: Many people are obviously going to have conflicts, so if you know what weekends you will have free please post them.

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:

in January, right?

Ya. I figure it will be just ewasier to go after the holiday season. I know many people like myself will have a pretty full December.

And when this happens you can bring along the Invisisble Barrier so everyone can see it :D

Enkhidu

Explorer
If we decide to do the 2 section version of a game day (one before lunch and one after lunch), I will run a Paranoia game (if we get the interest in it, that is). I'd also like to be a player as well if I get the chance, but if not then I'll just run 2 games.

ashockney

First Post
Where would such a thing transpire?

Anyone who's posted yet have contacts in the Columbus "hotel/restaurant" scene?

Any chance of getting "special guests" from among the ENWorld and d20 Publishing elite?

Clear Dragon

First Post
I will be PCing myself. Don't have enough Dming exeperience under my belt yet. Up for trying anything genre-wise. Though I don't have books for anything other than DND, so making characters beforehand for other games would be tricky for me.

wallshot

First Post
OK, i am interested, and i know about 12 other people who would be all for it. we all live in columbus

interesting side note...i used to work for a hotel. the owner of that hotel is a very kindly man. He was very sad to see me go. My mother is an assistant manager at a smaller hotel he owns. My brother works front desk for this man at the same hotel. tho it is definately to small for conviention-like activities, he does have a hotel near Port Columbus (pseudo)International Airport. It is Massive. It has 3 Massive meeting rooms. It is very Centrally located. There are many hotels in that area.

If you would like, i can get you information (tho for personal reasons i will not make the contact with the owner). Leave a post and i will email whoever is heading this (im guessing its Crothian).

DanMcS

Explorer
ashockney said:
Where would such a thing transpire?

Anyone who's posted yet have contacts in the Columbus "hotel/restaurant" scene?

I've been pondering this. I'd offer my apartment, but it's entirely too small. I don't think my apartment complex has a party room or anything like that available, but I'm going to check.

Um, do any of the local game stores have rooms available which could support the 20+ people claiming they'll show up? That one on north high (the soldiery?) has tables, but only the one main room there, and their tables are normally in use on weekends with miniatures games. The comic store on Morse by the ToysRUs has one little table in the back, that wouldn't work either. I've not been to other game stores around here, isn't there one called the guard tower, something like that? Do they have any rooms we might sweet talk them into using?

I can't really think of a space that would be appropriate. I guess we could all show up on OSU campus and claim part of the Ohio or Drake Union, they've got big areas with lots of seats, that's probably a bad idea.

Restaurant or hotel, erm, dunno. There's a couple of motels near my work, I'll check there and see what kind of bigass conference rooms or something they have we might rent for a saturday. Those kinds of things tend to be booked long in advance. There's a ton of hotels, we should be able to find something.

Clear Dragon

First Post
The Minature and Gaming Association at OSU uses the basement of the Ohio Union for thier meetings. While I am not really a member (got on the mailing list but usually I am busy when they meet) I could try to look into what it takes to request the usage of the area. There are several large rooms, with many other small rooms that could be used to run games. Maybe if some one on this messageboard is an active member they could help us out. They meet on Saturdays and between Football games and other activities I hae never really had to time to join.

Remove ads