• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Aundair's Sorrow (Closed)

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I have had a busy week and weekend with a sick wife. We are waiting on Ferrix and AmorFati.
I will get the rest of you started early next week. Thank you for your patience!

It will be Boarhide and Tullia together and then Telas. I will start Ari and Sheilika when they are available. I know how I am going to start Telas. I just need to come up with a little somthing to keep Boarhide and Tullia occupied until things pick up. ;)

FreeXenon

Just Looking over the characteres a little bit I have found a few little things to clean up:

AmorFati:
Your Type should be humanoid instead of monstrous humanoid
Bonus for Charisma shoud be +0

Nonlethal Force
Battle Axe damage is d8 unless you carry a small sized battle axe, or a hand or throwing axe.

Bobitron
Looks good

Fenris
Suggestions for the 2 languages you have to pick are:
Races common to the Eldeen Reaches are Gnome, Elf, Halfling, and Orc
Other possibilities are Sylvan, Goblin,

Undercommon: as there will be a lot of caves and tunnels to the lands below in which great treasures may be hidden

Daelkyr: The language of the Aberrant creatures (Mindflayers, beholders and so on) from the plane of Xoriat. They have great ruins above and underground in the Eldeen Reaches.
You may want to come up with a reason for knowing either of hte last 2. Nothing to indepth is needed.

A note about the Eldeen Reaches: it is run by Druids and Rangers who continuously roam and patrol the lands either overtly or not. They peoples of the Reaches harbor a bit of resentment to Aundair for removing troops from their lands during the Last War leaving them to fend for themselves. The rangers and Druids of the woods came out to protect the lands from incursion and eventually declared the Eldeen Reach's independence. Audair hated to retreat from the Reaches and rues the day that it not longer controls it. The move was necessary and most liekly contributed to its survival today.

Fenris

Adventurer
FreeXenon said:
Just Looking over the characteres a little bit I have found a few little things to clean up:

Fenris
Suggestions for the 2 languages you have to pick are:
Races common to the Eldeen Reaches are Gnome, Elf, Halfling, and Orc
Other possibilities are Sylvan, Goblin,

Did and done. Eagerly awaiting our start, hope your wife is better.

FreeXenon

The Hunters (AmorFati, Fenris, Nonlethal Force)[sblock]Can you guys review the Hunters posts, especially AmorFati. ;) I would like to have som sort of a concensus on a basic plan. [/sblock]

AmorFati[sblock]Tell me what you know of your mentor, Moulan and the Thousand Eyes. A description would be good: Male or female, what was your relationship like? How did he/she convince you to leav your family and nation? I am assuming that Moulan was a Soulknife as well? You can leave it all up to me if you like. :] [/sblock]

My wife is feeling much better! Thank you!
Some sort of a cold, Oi! Fall is here!

AmorFati - Glad to have you back!

Last edited:

FreeXenon

Bobitron[sblock]What do you think about working for a former professor of Morgrave University (I think) as a research assistant?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
FreeXenon said:
Bobitron[sblock]What do you think about working for a former professor of Morgrave University (I think) as a research assistant?[/sblock]

[sblock]No complaints here. If you can make it work on your end, I'll make it work from Telas's point of view.[/sblock]

FreeXenon

I had this written up last night but lost it when I closed my browser too quick! Doh!! So here it is again...

Bobitron[sblock]
Tell me what you think about the following. Questions, Comments, Suggestions? I, of course, had to make certain assumptions about your responses to form this. How or what would Telas think, feel, or respond to the following information or situations? We change this basically as needed.

Presently
You are working for Professor Karlson Faraith, a former Professor of Arcane History at the Morgrave University (in Breland). He lives and works in a well funded and isolated estate outside Marketplace (in Aundair) whose benefactor is a displaced Cyran noble named Charlethan d'Silvas. There are 2 other people that call the estate home and they are the Professor's Primary Assistant, Jared, and his Grand Daughter, Marrissa.

The estate is a large home with 6 bedrooms and 15 other rooms. There is pretty much no one here and there are some 20 acres of rolling land, a small forest, and the entire estate is contained in a tall hedge fence. The estate has a small observatory and an Orrerary (how is that spelled?) available and the Professor uses them quite often. The estate is well kept by Unseen Servants and most of the cooking is done by Marrissa or anyone else that wants to take a stab at it.

Professor Karlson Faraith
Professor Karlson is an kindly old man to which age has not been particulary kind to. His thinning hair is grey and dry. His back is slightly hunched and skewed slightly to the left. Despite his physical deformities Professor Karlson is always in good spirits. He skitters here and there ususally talking to himself the whole way. He usually is up at the crack of dawn and studies relentlessly into the wee hours of the morning. Often Jared will be found unconscious on the floor or in a chair long before the Professor considers retiring for the night.

Professor Karl uses you to help him decipher random texts, tomes, and manuscripts that supposedly have to do with the Draconic Prophesy and hidden ruins. They have been in a wide variety of languages so you have had to make extensive use of the Comprehend Languages spell (which he will provide for you since you do not have it). In what little spare of down time that he takes he has found great entertainment and interest in your knowledge of Khorvaire and its customs and religions.

Charlethan d'Silvas is a well spoken and learned Cyran that had much of his foreign investments in Brelish businesses when the Day of Mourning occured so much of his wealth was preserved when all of his familial ties and estates were lost. A man without family has called Aundair his home and has a close relationship with Professor Karl. Charlethan stops buy atleast once every 2 weeks (usually more) to check on Karl and to talk about reseach and share in news of the world. In the talks that you have witnessed Charlethan is very well versed in history and the arcane. You might even suspect that he knows more about these subjects than Professor Karl does. The two usually spend time talking about his reseach and Charlethan brings him up to date on the comings and goings of Khorvaire. Charelthan brings to Professor Karl books and other artifacts of note that he needs to continue his research as well as supplies. Charlethan always brings a toy, candy or book for young Marrissa and she usually squeals with delight. Marrissa refers to Charlethan as Uncle Char.

Jared is Professor Karl's Primary Assistant. He is a strapping young human of 22 summers with blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He is strong, bright and rather territorrial. Jared acts as Karl's gopher and liaison for outsiders and he definitely considers you an outsider. He has not been very kind to you and has actively worked to stifle your usefulness and ability to work with the Professor. Karl seems to not notice these attempts and bowls through any such attempts. With you Jared is suspicious, guarded and aloof. Jared knows much more about history and the arcane than a non spell caster knows. He does not actively participate in research but on occaison reminds the Professor of some facts that he may have forgotten which are not really basic but require some bit of study to know.

Marissa
Marrissa is almost as tall as you are with long dark brown hair and curious deep brown eyes. Marissa is the only family that Professor Karl has. His daughter, Marrissa's mother, died at childbirth and her husband died in the Last War. Karl has looked after Marrissa pretty much since she was born as her mother died and her father was away on campaigns for his country (Breland). Karl is the only family that she has known and with his scholarly background he has taken her around the world for research and ruins.

Marrissa has found you quite interesting since the day that you arrived. She has asked you many, many questions about you. Why are you so small? Are you an adult? Your skin is strange and so are eyes... How does someone so small know so much? Will I know as much as you when I am all growed up? A constant flurry of questions come from her whenever she is around.

Professor Karl has at times put you inc harge of baby sitting and teaching her. In many ways you are her mentor and friend. Professor Karl has you teach her anything that you think is valuable - from the arcane, history, culture, plants - whatever strikes your fancy and Marrissa seems very eager to learn.[/sblock]

Remove ads