• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Ethend Game: The Hunt for Cantus [Recruiting]

Ferrix

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Nope sure can't. :)

I'm wondering myself how many human dialects there are and my choices, not to mention the ones I would recommend to you, could possible change based upon the answer I get. :)

Each region has it's own dialect, with Common acting more like an advanced Trade language.

1) For a scout from the frozen north would having ranks in the swim skill be rare, unusually or commonplace?

2) What are the common eye, hair, and skin color of the Fyndorn region humans? (I would imagine Nordic, Blonde, Blue eyes, Pale Fair Skin)

For a scout, perhaps a few ranks would be in order. Some tribes would have a few more depending upon how close they were to either the far northern ice sheets or the coast. Some tribes could also have a sort of Right of Passage where you swim in the freezing waters in the deepest winters.

Common coloring would be the standard nordic, think Val Kilmer, Matt Damon... sharp chins, good muscle relief, golden blond, blue eyes, fair skin.

magic_gathering2001 - You've 2 too many skill points, you should have 60, I count 62.

Bront

The man with the probe
Dichotomy, mind if My character met Delynn when she was up in Fyndorn? I'm thinking that meating you and talking with you inspired him to venture out into Cihairdun, perhaps he was even accompanying you on your travels and was either taken in the raid on the villiage to find you for your teachings, or perhaps he was left torchered physicly and psionicly, dying with his tongue taken out as an example to discourage you, and he eventualy returned to his tribe in Fyndorn from there after some time recovering from everything that was done to him.

That's assuming thet Ferrix agrees that would be an ok idea as well.

That would also tie togeather 3 characters (Mine, BS's, and Dichotomy's)

Bront

The man with the probe
Ferrix said:
Looks good, man I should really go to bed.
Glad you like him :)

Hopefully you still will when you wake up :D

Any clues on what to do with the extra cash? My only other thought was to buy barding for my bear, but that seems... odd...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
That would also tie togeather 3 characters (Mine, BS's, and Dichotomy's)

I have no issues with that... Could be an interesting angle. ;)

Bront said:
Any clues on what to do with the extra cash? My only other thought was to buy barding for my bear, but that seems... odd...

No, not really, maybe a number of small masterwork weapons... I would tell you to do more with your armor but that really doesn't look like it would help. :\

Bront said:
Ok, assuming the above is ok with everyone, Kolbyr Fjorin is nearly complete. Just need to compare notes with BS, and perhaps with Dichotomy.

It looks good to me, the background looks good to me. :)

Bront

The man with the probe
I was pondering Mithril Chain Shirt (Though I was thinking that metal armor in the cold wouldn't be a great idea, but it would be reinforced with leather for comfort). Is that an acceptable Non-magical armor Ferrix?

Dichotomy

Explorer
Bront said:
Dichotomy, mind if My character met Delynn when she was up in Fyndorn? I'm thinking that meating you and talking with you inspired him to venture out into Cihairdun, perhaps he was even accompanying you on your travels and was either taken in the raid on the villiage to find you for your teachings, or perhaps he was left torchered physicly and psionicly, dying with his tongue taken out as an example to discourage you, and he eventualy returned to his tribe in Fyndorn from there after some time recovering from everything that was done to him.

That sounds marvelous to me. Apparently I went to bed too early last night... I read what you had already written in your background, and I have no problems with it. If you would like to discuss anything further, let me know.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Bront said:
I bought barding for MY bear... I also bought so much mundane equipment that I cannot carry it all.

Remove ads