• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Ethend Game: The Hunt for Cantus [Recruiting]

Ferrix

Explorer
Yeah, special materials are acceptable non-magical items.

However, you can always just save the left-over and let me spend it.

You'll have the regular amount of wealth for a character of your level which is 19,000gp, but it will be assigned by me. More work for me, but oh well.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
I was pondering Mithril Chain Shirt (Though I was thinking that metal armor in the cold wouldn't be a great idea, but it would be reinforced with leather for comfort). Is that an acceptable Non-magical armor Ferrix?
It’s already on more than one character sheet. ;) (it's also what I had picked up also. :) )

Bront

The man with the probe
Dichotomy said:
That sounds marvelous to me. Apparently I went to bed too early last night... I read what you had already written in your background, and I have no problems with it. If you would like to discuss anything further, let me know.
Fantastic. I figured you probably let me come along since I was working with nature as a ranger anyway, and a body guard never hurt anyone. Could be an interesting supprise when I show up alive if you think I'm dead. ;)

Dichotomy said:
I bought barding for MY bear... I also bought so much mundane equipment that I cannot carry it all.
Yeah, I may still do that and get some Mithril Chain.

Ferrix said:
Yeah, special materials are acceptable non-magical items.

However, you can always just save the left-over and let me spend it.

You'll have the regular amount of wealth for a character of your level which is 19,000gp, but it will be assigned by me. More work for me, but oh well.
That's good to know, I may drop the masterwork dagger and axe then. A carrying container of some kind would be realy usefull for all the extra stuff, so I can grab a few things like Rope and a Grappling hook and not be at a medium load.

How picky are you going to be about counting non-magical arrows as far as quantity? Should I just buy 40 and forget about them, or do I need to count them off as I fire them?

Oh, would a wild call kit, a kit that lets me make various animal calls, be something unreasonable to pick up? I should be able to make a few without a tongue, but I should also be able to manufacture or have manufactured a few other types.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, Kolbyr Fjorin is close to completion. Finished with gear beyond anything you buy (Storage is usefull, stat boosters are always fun, protection never hurts, I love boots of springing and striding, and maybe a magic bow, but I can live without a magic weapon).

Question on Favored enemy, are the Mythar an acceptable favored enemy? Or do I need to be more specific? (I understand they're a humanoid race, or a collection of humanoid races). I'll finish that up then I'm done other than background tweeks.

Still need a good background name, and will go into a bit of detail in the background about his younger self, but that's more fluff.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ferrix,

have you made some decisions on characters and the like. I was wondering because I could take Nassitch through the Egoist healer route - or continue on as a ranger - or something completely different.

Just checking - you can e-mail me privately with suggestions if you wish.

Keia

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix said:
Each region has it's own dialect, with Common acting more like an advanced Trade language.

Could I get the name of said dialects? (and which reason they correspond too.)

I imagine that humans get common and there own regional dialect for free, correct?

Or do I need to pay for them?

Ferrix

Explorer
Since it'll be easier for all involved, characters get Common and their regional dialect free.

Keia, it seems like we're going to have a very wilderness focused party since almost all of the characters proposed and posted so far except one, are druids/rangers/scouts. So healing and tracking will be covered, although Nassitch if focused on tracking would probably be the best due to his scent ability. Whatever you choose is fine, you do have priority.

Lazlow - cool.

magic_gathering2001 - you'd probably pick up Cihairdun, dwarven or the Mythar tongue.

Mythar counts as a single favored enemy choice also.

Remove ads