(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

@FitzTheRuke This is a bit of an afterthought, but does the man in the crystal ball look like another Thayan Wizard? I took a good look at the picture you posted(bald, tattooed guy) AFTER I made my post. I'd assumed it was a 'personality of the crystal' but now it occurs to me (and probably Qawasha) that he's speaking to another Thayan.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@FitzTheRuke This is a bit of an afterthought, but does the man in the crystal ball look like another Thayan Wizard? I took a good look at the picture you posted(bald, tattooed guy) AFTER I made my post. I'd assumed it was a 'personality of the crystal' but now it occurs to me (and probably Qawasha) that he's speaking to another Thayan.
Either an actual Thayan (like a video phone) or a Thayan spirit inside the crystal, yes. The gibberish at the beginning was my attempt to have him speak Thayan (which I don't think anyone in the party speaks). But he CAN speak common, so he switched when he saw Qawasha's face peering at him. Yes. He can see you.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@FitzTheRuke Is there a perch somewhere up above? Qawasha could climb as well, using wildshape. Finding a place up top seems safe. That and there was a hidden room above the last tomb we were in.
There's sort of a buttress-style beams that go over the dais from the four-corners of the "square" shape formed by the center of the cross. Quawasha could "dangle" as an ape from them, but he'd be holding on (no check with a climb speed - unless he's struck by something!) Theres no space between supports and the ceiling to climb on top of.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm feeling like we're stuck again, both in this game and in Scourge (though that one might be my fault).

Part of me would really like to put both these games "on pause" and try something else to see if we can get some momentum going. In particular if only players who plan on posting once or twice a week join us. One way or another, I feel like something's gotta give. I've lost all love for this game at this point, I think.

Thoughts?

I’m not sure what we are waiting on. For someone to do something? I think we are all scared to do anything. That said, I’m not even sure who is still watching this game. I’m good with whatever people want. I’d be happy to post twice a week in any game.

I’ll go where you go if you need players. Whether it’s in this game or a new one.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
This one was supposed to be short :) don't give up. We semi-agreed to try magic circles.aybe Myrral got setting with mat 30 on Arcan

Acererak is a jerk!

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Here as long as you continue, and happy to ensure a 48hr turnaround on any of your posts. I am sorry you are feeling despondent over this. I think it's perfectly okay if you'd like to suspend it indefinitely. Three brief thoughts:

1. puzzles are hard to do in PBP because everyone is afraid of committing others At a table, somoene would suggest something and it would be shouted down or whatever; here, though, we are stuck but also not wanting to step on each others' toes. That's not yourfault at all, just part of the medium.

2. In half a year we're all going to want to be rolling up new characters anyways, and I think many will lose interest in older games. That suggests to me now is NOT the time to start a new game, unless it were self-conscioulsy designed to be very short and fast.

3. Finally, though, I think I want to insist that this is your call. You do an incredible amount of work, and we are the benficiaries and recipients of your kindness. Yes, it is collaborative, but I am under no illusions about this point and the balance of effort and commitment. I like your games, and I want you to be engaged and excited for them. If these aren't providing that for you, I think it's perfectly okay to let them go.

And, once we have a new PHB, I will have a million new things I will want to play.

Remove ads