Cantrips
Druidcraft, Shillelagh,
control flames, Produce Flame, Guidance
Memorized spells
1st Speak with Animals, Create Water, Goodberry, Entangle
2nd Animal Messenger, *Barkskin, *Spider Climb, L.Restoration, Spike Growth
3rd , Water Breathing, *Call lightning, *Plant Growth, Daylight
4th: Conjure Woodland being, Stone Shape, *Divination, *Freedom of Movement

"The creature in the crystal seemed to think it could decipher the runes. But I will not defer to anyone or anything that uses undead." He says as he's surrounded by animated guards. There is frustration in his voice.

"Touching the casket will, likely, activate the guardians?" He looks at the statues. "Do any of you know what to do? Would you like to take the first turn on the circles?"

Qawasha brightens up as he has idea,

"Maybe we need to coax three statues onto the circles. Let us investigate some of the statues and see if any have a corresponding mark! Mrryll, you can investigate without touching anything, why don't you have a look around and I will do the same."

Qawasha transforms into an ape and starts to climb around, on the walls, investigating the statues.

I failed an arcana check and rolled a 6. And then, as typing this post, I had the idea of getting a statue on the circles.

Looking for clues on the statues themselves:
Perception: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22

If you feel Investigation is more appropriate, the total is 18 instead.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral goes over to the statues nearest the wall. He even tries to deliberately provoke a reaction by talking to it in a quiet tone, just enough to (usually) provoke head turn. He looks over the upper body, front, back and head. He checks the palms if he can see them trying to spot any runes on the statues.

If the statue doesn't react to his voice, he dares to speak a bit more freely so he can be heard by all. Hopefully, he is right.
"It seems the statues react only on those standing on the floor. I would be wary of activation of anything the owner of this dungeon did."

He did however check the runes and the circle he went by on investigating the sarcophagus. And his shamanistic stories and native familiarity may have something to say regarding those.

neurotic: D20 + 3#myrralsarcanacheck → 23 (20 + 3)#Myrrals arcana check NAT 20! :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It was true - for some reason the statues appeared not to acknowledge anyone who was off the stone slabs of the floor. Qawasha and Myrral (soon followed by Grrol and Brapp, who also clung to the walls and ceiling with their tabaxi-claws) were ignored entirely, even when they poked and prodded at a statue's head and shoulders. They didn't find any runes like the ones on the magic circles on any of the terracotta warriors.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Myrral gave the situation some thought while clinging to the ceiling and he came to some conclusions. It seemed that the only way out was to use one of the three teleportation circles. They clearly activated simply by stepping on them. The longer the group stayed here, the more likely it was that the terracotta warriors would turn on them. There was no reason to disturb the sarcophagus, other than greed - these Omuan "Trickster Gods" were usually entombed with some artefact or another, but it was likely more dangerous than it was worth.

On that subject, Myrral noticed that Chrysagon was now stooped over, nearly walking on all-fours, and his face had elongated into the hairy snout of a goat. Strangely, he seemed not to notice or care. He was sniffing at a terracotta warrior and seemed to be considering if he should give it a chew...

OOC: You still around, @Prickly Pear?

Qawasha
Race: Human
HP: 49/52
AC: 12
Pass Perc:17
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 14
HD: 5/7
Spell Slots:
1st [X ] [X][X] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]
3rd
[X] [ X] [ ]
4th [X ]
Wild shape: 2/2Initiative: +2Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14+2(+5)
WIS: 18 +4(+7)
CHA:11 +0
Medicine: 7
Nature: 5
Perception: 7
Survival:
Natural Recovery: 0/1
Cantrips
Druidcraft, Shillelagh,
control flames, Produce Flame, Guidance
Memorized spells
1st Speak with Animals, Create Water, Goodberry, Entangle
2nd Animal Messenger, *Barkskin, *Spider Climb, L.Restoration, Spike Growth
3rd , Water Breathing, *Call lightning, *Plant Growth, Daylight
4th: Conjure Woodland being, Stone Shape, *Divination, *Freedom of Movement

“I have no need for magical artifacts. If one direction is the same as the next, then let us go left.”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Which portal was left, of course, depended on which way one was facing.

Qawasha took a look at each hex, climbing around on the walls in ape-form. There was little to distinguish the north one from the east one, but the southern one seemed to have a difference in some of its runes.

OOC: One more Arcana check and I'll spill information so we can move along.

Remove ads