• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Of Vile Darkness - Full

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
In the House Millithor game, you allowed someone to take a wingless half-fiend cohort for an ECL +3; might Gwyn also lose his wings, for an extra level of Mortal Hunter?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Rhia, I'm very disappointed. You let some other half-fiend have all the fun, and poor Gwyn is left out in the dark alone, with only a couple priests of Hieroneous to comfort him. I hope they scream well.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Gwyn? Be a good boy? He's bad to the bone; been so since birth, will be so until death finally claims him kicking and biting. Unless that's what you mean by good, in which case he can certainly succeed.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ya know, I was just re-reading some parts of the IC thread and I've come to the conclusion (and I mean this in the kindest way possible) that all your characters are vile, viscious, degenerate freaks with really no socially redeeming value, and if my thread were a movie, it would be an R, if not an NC-17.

Good work all! :]

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Ya know, I was just re-reading some parts of the IC thread and I've come to the conclusion (and I mean this in the kindest way possible) that all your characters are vile, viscious, degenerate freaks with really no socially redeeming value, and if my thread were a movie, it would be an R, if not an NC-17.

Good work all! :]

Would you prefer R or NC-17? I can do either, by keeping it low-key (e.g., "Gwyn does things to the little girl that ought not be done to little girls, taking care not to cause visible damage) or by being explicit (I won't provide an example of this unless asked, because it'd be highly offensive).

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, we're pushing the Eric's Grandma rule as it is, and I already asked Bro to tone down a scene once before. We're going more R than NC-17. See the scene I recently did for a night with Torr and three prostitutes for how to kind of do a sexual scene. Rhia's first post was also appropriate for things of that nature.

But gleefully applying my American double standards, one can be a smidge more graphic with your violence. Not a lot more graphic, but a bit more graphic.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus, the Eric's Grandma rule is the rule from the founding of the site: If it would offend Eric Noah's Grandmother, don't post it. Eric Noah being the original EN behind ENWorld.

And you can be just a tad more... emotive in your last post if you want. I mean, why would Gwyn do that? Was he feeling a need that could only be fulfilled by seeing some pretty young thing in pain? Did he want to humiliate her physically and/or sexually, or simply cause her pain without marking her? Did he want to use her father's face to say hateful things? I mean, it was kinda like, Gwyn goes out, buys a sandwich, and eats it at his apartment, ya know? I want to get into Gwyn's vile little mind.

You can couch the more explicit in somewhat vague terms, but I do need to feel slightly creeped out when I'm reading people's posts, particularly if they're doing those kinds of acts. Don't make them too trivial to read, even if they might seem trivial or routine to the character. It lessens their impact. Think of it as writing a horror story.

Remove ads