[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murhid

First Post
That was truly a great read! *clap* *clap*

Come on reaper the man is drunk like a baboon, I would have been surprised if he didn't say something about you two along the lines he did.

reapersaurus

First Post
hey, as long as Dopp and you guys are OK with conflict intra-party, for the sake of roleplaying, than you KNOW i don't have a problem with it.

I just got the impression from the last blowup (Ubaar spooking Ivellios) that it was not OK to have conflict.
Or at least that it was frowned upon, even when roleplaying in-character.

I guess that's changed now?

reapersaurus

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
Reaper - Dopp doesn't control his character at all. Neither do I...
Actually, as you admitted months ago, you have been having to manage Kytess' normal reactions so as to not have everyone fighting, when actually she probably has the shortest fuse of all.

We all can modify what our characters are doing, somewhat, within some parameters.

I'm wondering if Dopp is ever going to have Ivellios seem like he even WANTS to stay with the party.

Resentful and forlorn loners only go so far in endearing themselves to a party, in my eyes.

He kinda reminds me at times of Fighter in the 8-Bit Theater comic strip.

[Ivellios] "I like swords." [/Ivellios] ;)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Before I was streching my interpretation of Kytess to have her not attack; now I'd have to break it to have her not do so.

However, all she's done so far is start a brawl, whereas she was ready to *kill* before. 1d3+2 subdual damage is very different from 2d4+3 points of real damage.

I think the best-case scenario is that Kytess and Iv fight until one drops (either from taking too much subdual damage or from too much liquor).

Murhid

First Post
reapersaurus said:
hey, as long as Dopp and you guys are OK with conflict intra-party, for the sake of roleplaying, than you KNOW i don't have a problem with it.

This isn't that much of a conflict, rather if you look at the situation; Ivellios is drunk (and we're in a tavern, supposed to be having fun/relaxing), and from an even sober person's point of view it looks like Ubaar was coming on to Kytess, Ivellios made a small comment which Kytess may of over reacted to, maybe rightly so if she feels that way. Simple...

5 gp on Kytess !! :D

And yes like CR said, if it comes to metal, then we would be in a different situation.

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I don't know, Murhid... Ivellios has 3 more hit points (7 more in a rage) and attacks at +6 (1d3+4 subdual) or +8 (1d3+6 subdual) instead of +4 (1d3+2 subdual). Kytess has initiative and +1 AC, but that's nothing.

I'll run the numbers, but I think the only things that could save Kytess are:
1. Ivellios' refusal to fight
2. Ivellios' drunken state
3. Sheer luck

And reaper, we're not changing the rules so much as bending them:
1. Ivellios is drunk
2. We're fistfighting
3. It's one-time, instead of ongoing

I'm sorry if you thought we were picking on you earlier. :(

Murhid

First Post
lol

Are there any offical rules for being drunk ? I'd say something like a -4 attack and -2 AC, that should even things out :p

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
OK, I've finished my initial analysis. It's possible for Kytess to win, though the technical term for the % chance she has is, "a snowball's chance in hell."

If Ivellios fights back (to victory or knockout) with unarmed strikes and rages, I predict that the fight'll end in 5-6 rounds, with Ivellios as the victor and Kytess unconcious.

If Ivellios just stood there and let Kytess hit him (and Kytess continued to do so, which she wouldn't), it would take 15-17 rounds for Kytess to KO him. Rage would actually hurt Ivellios in this case, since the lowered AC really hurts him (even more than he gets back in extra hps), and he can't take advantage of higher Str.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Using Murhid's suggested rules for drunkenness, Ivellios still has the odds, but it's within betting range.

Still not good odds, though; I'd estimate 3:1.

Murhid

First Post
hhaha!!

CRGreathouse said:
If Ivellios just stood there and let Kytess hit him (and Kytess continued to do so, which she wouldn't), it would take 15-17 rounds for Kytess to KO him.

Rofl, that'd be funny to watch, the elf getting beaten up for nearly two minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads