[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kytess

First Post
Remember, Murhid, that that includes Ivellios dodging and his chain shirt blocking a fair portion of the blows. If he just stood there, unmoving (effective Dex 0), it'd taker less than a minute.

If I could make a subdual coup-de-grace with my fists, it would take 1 or 2 rounds.

Murhid

First Post
Anyway enough beating up Ivellios :D

CR is my stat block correct with standard?

Murhid: male human Mnk2; CR 2; Medium-size Humanoid (human); HD 2d8+2; hp 15; Init +3 (Dex); Spd 30 ft; AC 17 (+1 bracers of armor, +3 Mnk, +3 Dex); Atks +5 ranged (1 [x3], mw shuriken), or +3 melee (1d6+2, unarmed strike), or +1/+1 melee (1d6+2, unarmed strike); SA stunning attack; SQ evasion; AL LN; SV Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +6; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 10.
Skills and Feats: Climb +3, Diplomacy +3, Escape Artist +4, Hide +5, Jump +4, Listen +8, Move Silently +8; Deflect Arrows, Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike, Run.
Special Attacks: Stunning Attack (Su): 2/day, Murhid may attempt to stun a living creature for 1 round. The creature is unable to act unless it succeeds a Fortitude save (DC 14).
Possessions: loaf of bread, potion of cure light wounds, 9 mw shuriken, +1 bracers of armor, 2 days' rations, 30 shuriken, 3 silvered shuriken, small hunk of cheese, 3 sunrods, waterskin, winter blanket, 40 gp.

Kytess

First Post
Murhid, male human Mnk2: CR 2; ECL 2; Medium-size Humanoid (human); HD 2d8+2; hp 15; Init +3; Spd 30 ft; AC 17 (+1 bracers of armor, +3 Mnk, +3 Dex); Melee unarmed strike +3 (1d6+2), or unarmed strike +1/+1 (1d6+2); Ranged mw shuriken +5 (1 [x3]); SA stunning attack; SQ evasion; AL LN; SV Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +6; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 10.
Skills and Feats: Climb +3, Diplomacy +3, Escape Artist +4, Hide +5, Jump +4, Listen +8, Move Silently +8; Deflect Arrows, Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike, Run.
SA--Stunning Attack (Su): 2/day, Murhid may attempt to stun a living creature for 1 round. The creature is unable to act unless it succeeds a Fortitude save (DC 14).
Equipment: mw shuriken (9), silvered shuriken (3), shuriken (30), +1 bracers of armor, loaf of bread, potion of cure light wounds, 2 days' rations, small hunk of cheese, 3 sunrods, waterskin, winter blanket, 40 gp.

Here's your stat block in SSBF format. Some of the changes were manditory, but others were only recomendations, like the order of your equipment. A few notes:
* There is no standard way to write out the monk bonus to AC; i tend to use "+3 Mnk" as you have done, but that's personal preference.
* There is also no standard for shuriken and mouth darts that shoot multiple projectiles each attack; "[x3]" is the only way I've ever seen.
* The two hyphens in the SA are only used when you can't put the proper symbol in, an en dash. This is longer than a hyphen but shorter than an em dash; in theory, it's as long as the letter "n".

Gee, I guess I kniow the shortfalls in my system better than anyone else...

reapersaurus

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
And reaper, we're not changing the rules so much as bending them:
1. Ivellios is drunk
2. We're fistfighting
3. It's one-time, instead of ongoing

I'm sorry if you thought we were picking on you earlier. :(
When I had Ubaar spook Ivellios, that was the first time I'd raised a hand against him.

Remember, Ivellios attacked Ubaar unprovoked and when Ubaar was unarmed at the introduction.

And I THOUGHT that casting Fear was the safest, non-combatative thing that I could have Ubaar do.
I was actually proud that I didn't have Ubaar approach the Ivellios problem with fists or steel.

And i didn't thihnk you guys were picking on me.
i think you guys were being unsympathetic and nonunderstanding of the bind Dopp put me in role-playing wise is all. :(

And as for this fisticuffs - like i said back the last time he did this, if Dopp wants to have a knock-down fight, we can have some fun with that in character, if that's the direction he wants to go.
I just got the feeling from everyone that that wasn't a good idea.

I'll have to see if Ubaar has a Daze spell left unused today. :D

HeavyG

First Post
Fisticuffs...

Here's what I think about the whole situation.

First, I don't want inter-party conflict to get out of hand. So don't go too far. Don't make me mad. You won't like me when I'm mad.

Second, if both players really want to fight, here's how it could work :

1) See the second paragraph above.
2) Both players have to agree that it's all meant to be roleplaying fun and not take it personal.
3) I will not stop the game for a week or two to DM such a fight. As I see it, you have two choices : a) Drop the rules and just describe what you do to each other (roleplaying), or b) Take it to another thread (in Fight Club) and roll the dice yourselves, then come back and announce the results in the IC thread.

reapersaurus said:
I'm wondering if Dopp is ever going to have Ivellios seem like he even WANTS to stay with the party.

I'm starting to wonder myself...

reapersaurus said:
He kinda reminds me at times of Fighter in the 8-Bit Theater comic strip.

What's that ?

reapersaurus said:
I was actually proud that I didn't have Ubaar approach the Ivellios problem with fists or steel.

So was, Reaper, so was I.

reapersaurus said:
i think you guys were being unsympathetic and nonunderstanding of the bind Dopp put me in role-playing wise is all. :(

Believe me, I understand exactly the situation you were put in.

There's just no perfect solution here, I think.

reapersaurus said:
And as for this fisticuffs - like i said back the last time he did this, if Dopp wants to have a knock-down fight, we can have some fun with that in character, if that's the direction he wants to go.
I just got the feeling from everyone that that wasn't a good idea.

See the beginning of the post.

Kytess

First Post
I assume that Dopp is doing this for roleplaying. If there are any problems, please post them in the OOC thread or email me.

In any case, I expect that this will be the last intra-party fight Kytess gets into with Ivellios, becuase if it comes up again, she'll simply get him out of the group. (And since we want Ivellios in the group, I'm sure it won't happen.)

Heavy G, if Ivellios returns the fight, we'll resolve it by private email and post the results, since we certainly don't want to waste everyone's time. I suspect it won't come to that, though.

Doppleganger

First Post
Wow, I missed alot of posts!

You can stop the speculation. Ivellios is not going to attack anyone in the party, ever. I refuse to attack other players. I think Kytess' punch is perfectly reasonable though.

And Ivellios will always be working with the party. If you think verbal chatter is unnacceptible and that it absolutely forces characters like Ubaar to role-play a battle then fine I'll stop, but I don't agree at all. Just pick your favorite TV show or movie and I'm sure you can see that people trade verbal blows all the time and it's taken in a friendly way. It's all just good natured ribbing. And all those people don't even have 6 charisma's!!

I know plenty of people in real life who say things much worse while they are having a friendly conversation with friends! I gotta tell you, getting off really lucky if you and your friends don't ever poke at each other that!! If you ever heard a locker-room conversation after a team-sports practice, you'd practically die. But everybody is laughing and having a good time!

reapersaurus- Yes, I see that Ubaar is dropping hooks to start a friendship. Ivellios' comment is his reaction to the current action he sees before him (Kytess & Ubaar) rather than re-winding time to react to Ubaars speech (Since I didn't post while Ubaar was attempting conversation, Ubaar had already moved on to Kytess!).

Please don't suggest fighting. HeavyG if you insist on combat then you can write Ivellios' actions yourself, because I won't.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Hey, don't worry. Despite all my calculations and jokes about combat, I fully expected Ivellios to shrug off the blow; between not wanting PvP and Ivellios being drunk, it was the only logical conclusion.

Certainly, there are many ways to rect to verbal blows other than fighting, but it's hard for Kytess. She grew up fighting, against the orcs for survival and the other soldiers for acceptance. She's hot-tempered and impulsive. She never exactly learned to work with words... Cha 8 and Wis 7 don't help, either.

HeavyG

First Post
Doppleganger said:
Please don't suggest fighting. HeavyG if you insist on combat then you can write Ivellios' actions yourself, because I won't.

Hey, I'm the first one to be happy that you don't want to fight. :)

I was just laying down what could happen if both players insisted on it.

If you can solve conflicts without me having to get involved, I really have no business complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads